2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

I moisturized my ends with Loreal Extraordinary oil cream. It's a dupe for Kerastase Elixir Ultime and it smells yummy. My ends are in good condition considering I haven't washed or did a dc in over 2 weeks. Wednesday I'm giving my hair some much needed TLC

I think I'll try that product on my ends. I know it's an oil, but how does it feel on the hair?

@KammyGirl to trim evenly just comb out each section and take the same amount from each row. You can do rows like you are straightening your hair. Do a snip from the left, middle and then right. Those trim combs from Sally's are really helpful. It's a comb on one side and open ended to hold the hair.
The comb might make a difference. I just don't want to always have to fix a mullet.

• Pre-poo'd twists with HE The Sleeker The Butter under the heat cap for 30 minutes & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of Tresemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd with L = SSI Moisture Mist; C = Coco Curls; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Annabelle's Essential on length; B = SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

My hair grows in a mullet and I'm ok with that because by the time I'm done picking and fluffing, it's a nice heart shape. When I used to wear it straight I had layers and it just fell into a nice v shape. I don't do blunt ends because I'd constantly be chopping off healthy hair for no reason.

My hair grows in a mullet and I'm ok with that because by the time I'm done picking and fluffing, it's a nice heart shape. When I used to wear it straight I had layers and it just fell into a nice v shape. I don't do blunt ends because I'd constantly be chopping off healthy hair for no reason.
When your hair is short that nice v shape looks like a tail growing out of the nape of your head. :lol: Once my hair catches up I'll leave that part alone. It just feels like it's taking so long.

Not doing much. Working on my diet, eating plenty of vegetables, drinking my water and getting my vitamins in at least 5 days a week.

Doing my hair only once week and still cutting splits when I find them to hell my retention.

Come on growth spurt.

• Pre-poo'd with HE The Sleeker The Butter & Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter for 30 minutes under the heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80 % of the Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd: L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = Coco Curls; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Buttercream on length; B = SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.
I didn't like how my hair dried so I went back and added Hawaiian Silky for a curly set.

I put off my wash day so I could tend to my daughter's hair. I did a 30 minute prepoo with a Kerastase thickening mask, shampood with Loreal smooth intense and then I did some ponies with braided ends. I used Volumactive conditioner as a leave in. She's very active so her braids probably won't last a whole week.

I did manage to invert and massage today. I will moisturize my ends before bed. I've been very hair lazy since I started working out :(

So we just did length checks but I straightened my hair again and wanted to compare with the tail vs. without. My hair doesn't look all that different to me. But I do notice that the sides are catching up. So happy about that! New cut on the left and mullet/tail on the right. This weekend was the worst to straighten though. My hair started frizzing as soon as I finished. Didn't help that I was sweating by the time I was done. Smh

Attachments

• Instasize_0528022103.jpg
    Instasize_0528022103.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ mix, EVCO on length & Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends.
  • DC'd for a little over an hour under the heat cap with Vatika Garlic.
  • Poo'd with TJ's Tea Tree Tingle; CW'd with KJ Natural's Cocoa Clay Raspberry; Reconstructed with Garnier; rinsed out 80% of Shea Moisture Black Soap & ACV mix.
  • BLSO'd: B = Kyra Shea Medley Rejuvenation & Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappuccino Butters on scalp; L = LRC Shake 'n Go; S = Entwine Crème Jelle, KJ Natural's Green Mango Stretch & Curl Custard & Twisted Sista Curl Activator; O = Keravada Buttercream.

So we just did length checks but I straightened my hair again and wanted to compare with the tail vs. without. My hair doesn't look all that different to me. But I do notice that the sides are catching up. So happy about that! New cut on the left and mullet/tail on the right. This weekend was the worst to straighten though. My hair started frizzing as soon as I finished. Didn't help that I was sweating by the time I was done. Smh
I can see a difference. I definitely see it on the sides and see a bit of extra length in the back.

What did you use to straighten your hair?

What did you use to straighten your hair?
I just used It's a 10 silk express smoothing balm. It works but the humidity was crazy high. I might be interested in this Sabino Moisture Block that everyone is talking about if I want to straighten through summer but I'm in that 3 month no buy challenge.

My broke behind will probably order that too! :lachen: I really haven't been buy hair products though. I have been buying yarn. I like to crochet, and have been trying to make/learn different types of things.
LOL Me too!!!! I have a huge bag full of yarn and can't justify buying more until I finish make a pair of knee high socks. Have you been crocheting long? I taught myself via YouTube and have only been doing it about 2 years. So far I've made a blanket, 2 halter tops and like 10 hats. Hats are so easy now that I can just make up a pattern and it comes out OK.

LOL Me too!!!! I have a huge bag full of yarn and can't justify buying more until I finish make a pair of knee high socks. Have you been crocheting long? I taught myself via YouTube and have only been doing it about 2 years. So far I've made a blanket, 2 halter tops and like 10 hats. Hats are so easy now that I can just make up a pattern and it comes out OK.
I'm going to start on a halter top tonight! I started trying to teach myself 7-8 years ago. I finally got the hang of it 2 years ago. I just made a beanie and I'm working on some earrings.

• Pre-poo'd with Avon Frizz Control for 30 minutes under the heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80 % of the Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LSO'd: L = LRC Shake 'n Go; S = Ouidad Curl Quencher & Twisted Sista Curl Activator; O = Keravada Buttercream on length.

I prepooed with Banyan's Hair Oil for 2 hours, Hendigoing right now and will be using Aussie Moist Conditioner to cowash it out,

-followed by Redken Time Reset Shampoo

-Too tired to DC today and probably will do so tomorrow

I have no idea what I'll be using to moisturize and seal just yet though.

Back