2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

Great progress @faithVA your hair looks so thick and full! And even. How do people pull this off. Even hair is a mystery to me. Lol

Thank you! I didn't do anything to make it even. If you look at my pics from March of last year, my nape is in the exactly same place. But the sections below my crown have grown down to meet the lower layers. So I guess hair grows in evenly when lower sections stop growing until other sections catch up. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I will pay attention the rest of the year to see what happens next.

Tonight, I put Avon Advanced Techniques Volume on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of HE Hello Hydration.

I sat under a cap dryer on high-cool for ~1.5 hours and LCOB'd with L = Cozy Moments Vanilla Cone, C = Liquid Gold Whipped Ginger Cream, O = Annabelle's Essential on length, NJoy on scalp & Kreyol Essence Peppermint HBCO on edges, B = Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends.

Thank you! Thank you! Where have you been?

Hey FaithVa! I check in periodically but needed to take a hair break. I am so disgusted with my hair and the lack of real progress that I just need to chill and let it be. It has only been a year since my last hair fiasco and I think it will be another year before real progress is achieved. Until then, I have to learn patience and pray for eventual hair progress. BTW, is your hair regime posted somewhere? So happy for you that it has been a great year for your hair progress journey! I pray that I will eventually get there! Keep doing what you are doing. Your hair is looking fantastic!

Hey FaithVa! I check in periodically but needed to take a hair break. I am so disgusted with my hair and the lack of real progress that I just need to chill and let it be. It has only been a year since my last hair fiasco and I think it will be another year before real progress is achieved. Until then, I have to learn patience and pray for eventual hair progress. BTW, is your hair regime posted somewhere? So happy for you that it has been a great year for your hair progress journey! I pray that I will eventually get there! Keep doing what you are doing. Your hair is looking fantastic!

Trust me I know about hair fiascos. I've been cutting splits out of my hair since October 2013 and didn't recover until September 2015. I lost 2 years :tantrum: That is why I'm just starting to see real progress. So hang in there. You will turn the corner and start to see progress. Just keep loving on your hair.

I don't have a regimen anywhere because I don't really have a regimen. I am working on one though. Right now I'm trying to get my hair color regimen straight to hide these grays and I will work my cleansing/styling regimen around that.

I've been doing a few things but wouldn't call it a regimen.
--I've been using shampoo sparingly and doing clay washes more often.
--I've been washing/cowashing or water rinsing every 4 days so my hair doesn't dry out.
--I keep my hair up in flat twist
--I've been doing a search and destroy every time I take down my twist because my ends were so bad.
--I do protein reconstructors after every dusting/trim and usually every 4 to 6 week

That's about it. Reducing the breakage as much as possible is the key for me and that seems to coincide with giving my hair more water more often.

Shampoo & Set Saturday
  • Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz and Duafe Unscented Whipped Amla.
  • Added J. Monique Natural's Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Mask under the heat cap for a little over an hour.
  • Shampoo'd with Coco Curls, CW'd length with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, Ion Reconstructor, ACV rinse & Herbal Essence Hello Hydration & Kynx I Am Strong with 80% rinse out.
  • LCOBS: L = Ion Repair; C = Coco Curls; O = Mission Condition Star Glaze on length & Keravada Alter Ego on scalp; B = Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends; S = Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse.
I will let my hair dry in a ponytail roller set overnight.

I need to catch up for the week:

1. Tuesday = Put TJ Tea Tree Tingle on my hair & sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes. Rinsed out 80% of Kynx I Am Strong and added Design Essentials Mouse for a rollerset.

2. Saturday = Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends. DC'd with SM Manuka under heat cap for 1 hour; Used CC's Natural Scalp Scrub, CW'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, Garnier Reconstructor & rinsed out 80% of Kynx I Am Strong. LCOB'd with L = Ion Repair; C = Coco Curls; O = Mission Condition on length; B = Kyra's Shea Rejuvenation on scalp & Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends.

3. Sunday = Day 1 inversion with Keravada Alter Ego on scalp for 4 minutes.

Ok ladies. It's time to get ready for the end of challenge update. Post your progress pics between the 25th and the 30th and let us know how you did.

@AbsyBlvd
@Aggie
@Ashanti1922
@Cattypus1
@Dee_Raven
@Froreal3
@HairPleezeGrow
@grow
@JudithO
@KammyGirl
@ladybevy
@myfaithrising
@sky035
@THicknLong
@xu93texas

Hey ladies.. I had a bit of a set back.. I am back in braids. :cry3:.. I unfortunately won't be doing a length check until the end of june.

:bighug: Hopefully you are back on track soon.

Yes I am.. I am taking mane choice vitamins. My doctor started me on prenatal vitamins. I am hoping that will give me some boost on top of adding MSM. I am hoping by the end of the year to at least be at bra strap. I added some peppermint oil to my scalp help me stretch the process of washing my braids up to three weeks. Lets hope this plan works out..

I also spray with infusium leave in and added some tea tree and cocunut oil to it.. I will spray that on my braids every two to three days.

I moisturized and inverted today. Tomorrow is wash day. Funny how a year ago I hated wash day and now I look forward to it

I won't be able to straighten for the length check this time. Sadly, I had some heat damage when I flatironed last time at 400. So I will be holding off on heat for a while. But I think I should still be able to get some good photos. And I'm looking forward to trying to trim my hair curly. I've always been a slave to straightening for a trim, but Mo Knows Hair has a good tutorial that looks pretty good.

I think I joined this.

I gained 2.5 inches from January 22 until today. Plus my "Moses parting the red sea gap" has closed in the front. The crown is improving week by week.
That is fabulous. Are you going to update us with pictures?

I won't be able to straighten for the length check this time. Sadly, I had some heat damage when I flatironed last time at 400. So I will be holding off on heat for a while. But I think I should still be able to get some good photos. And I'm looking forward to trying to trim my hair curly. I've always been a slave to straightening for a trim, but Mo Knows Hair has a good tutorial that looks pretty good.
Sorry to hear about the heat damage.

You definitely don't need to straighten for a length check. Try it curly. It also works fine if you just stretch in braids or do a rollerset. I'm probably doing a rollerset.

That is fabulous. Are you going to update us with pictures?

I will try. They aren't the world's best pics because I had originally only intended for them to be personal pics only. Also, I didn't straighten my hair.

Put TJ Tea Tree Tingle on my hair & sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes. Rinsed out 80% of Kynx I Am Strong & LCSO'd with L = Ion Repair; C = Blue Roze Okra Curling Cream; S = Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel; O = Mission Condition on length.

Back