2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & EVCO.
  • DC'd with mix of Blue Roze Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul & Kachi Kapur Ayurvedic Powder under heat cap for an hour.
  • Poo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth Repair, 80% R/O of ACV & SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd: L = Ion Reparative Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze, B = Hairitage Hydration Horsetail Butter on scalp & Siamese Twist Vanilla ButterCreme on ends.

Daina

Tried some new products this weekend that have been in my stash for a minute. Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Creme and the Twist & Lock gel. I did medium sized twists and air-dried over night. Took my twists out for church and so far the products seem to be working well. My hair is moisturized and soft. I was going to bun all week for work but I may keep the t/o a few days. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 2016-07-24 21.23.44.jpg
    2016-07-24 21.23.44.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have been mia for months now. Just been going through the most. I had to have hip surgery (that was what was wrong with my leg and why I had been in pain for so long), grandma has been in and out of the hospital. Just a lot of things to deal with. My hair seems to have taken a stand still I think. I haven't done anything different, still washing, cowashing, dcing and keeping it in a protective style. It's grown a lot however I'm not retaining and idk why. Anyway just wanted to try and catch up with everyone.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd twists for 30 minutes under the heat cap with Zero % & CW'd it out.
  • LCO'd with L = Ion Reparative Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew & O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length & Keravada Green Tea on scalp.

Aggie

This morning I am:

Prepooing with Hairdrenalin Potion on my scalp and Hemp Seed oil on the length of my hair with a conditioning cap for 30 minutes

Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Conditioning with Keracare Super Reconstructor followed up with NG Mango and Coconut Water Infused Deep Conditioner

Moisturizing with Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

Sealing with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd with Honey's Handmade Tropical Carrots & Coconut Milk Conditioning Cream for 1.5 hours under the heat cap.
  • Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural Lavender & Chamomile Polish, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleanser, Reconstructed with K. Moore's Growth & Repair, 80% R/O with ACV & SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOS'd with L = Ion Reparative Solution, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze, S = Au Naturele 10 n 1 Styling Gelee & HS 10 n 1.

Evolving78

I need about 2 more inches before I can bun. My nape is giving me all kinds of problems. My ends stay split no matter what I do. Maybe when I start rollerseting it will be better.
I think you should straighten to get down to the core of your ends, then start roller setting from there. Even though I trim when my hair is not straight, when I did straighten it, my ends were jacked up! I had to cut more.

faithVA

I think you should straighten to get down to the core of your ends, then start roller setting from there. Even though I trim when my hair is not straight, when I did straighten it, my ends were jacked up! I had to cut more.
I'm hoping they aren't jacked up. I'm hoping that I got a good idea of what they looked like when I blow dried this year. I'm hoping to just need 1/2" to 1" trim since I've been dusting all year. :pray:

Evolving78

I cut my progress away! Lol I know I won't have much going on by that time frame, but I'm going to do better this go around. Twisting on dry hair now, and will leave them in until wash day. I will spray moisturizer on them. This will be my weekly Reggie. Protective styling until I trim again in Oct.

Aggie

Just completed day 1 of my inversions for the month of August, massage 5 minutes, no oil.

Last edited:

trclemons

• DC'd for 30 minutes under the heat cap with Honey's Handmade Tropical Carrots & Coconut Milk Conditioning Cream & Zero% Conditioner.
  • CW'd with Terra Veda Organix Apple Cleansing.
  • 80% R/O of SM Black Soap Balancing & V05 Free Me Freesia Moisturing Conditioners.
  • LCOS'd with L = Cozy Moments Vanilla Waffle Cone, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length & Keravada Green Tea on scalp & S = Africa's Best Textures Shea Butter Curl Defining Cream.

ajargon02

I am getting a trim next Friday, so it will be interesting to see how much she cuts off. I am not gonna have her even up my accidental cut from the crochet braids either.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My local Kerastase salon is doing a special on Brazilian blowouts again, so... I just might get one. Or I could just get an express blowout at the Paul Mitchell school down the street. Decisions decisions

gvin89

I feel like my hair is finally growing now after all the damage/breakage. My stylist says it's growing nicely since the trim and Olaplex. I don't think I'll get synthetic hair again any time soon...I think that played a part in my hair's current state.

I vowed not to flat iron my hair until December....protective styles only. Hoping I can get it back to a healthy head of long hair

Aggie

Last night I completed day 5 of my inversions for August

Today:

Prepoo - AVJ and ST Sweet Potatoe Pie hair Cream
Shampoo - Macadamia Natural Oil Moisture poo
Deep Conditioner - NG Mango and Coconut Deep Conditioner
Moisturizer - Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer
Sealant - ST Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Butter