2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, Queen of Curls Revitalizer & Siamese Twist Light Protein Reconstructor on ends.
  • DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with a mix of ST Detox & Entwine.
  • Poo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with SSI Okra & 80% R/O of ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCOB'd with L = Cozy Moments Vanilla Waffle, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace the Natural You Trinity Glaze, B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino on scalp.

LdyKamz

I wonder if I have 2 inches of growth. I used to measure but I didn't want to get hung up on pulling out the tape measure too often so now I just eyeball it. But because my hair is short it's so hard to tell.

LdyKamz

Yeah my starting pic is on the first page from back in December. I think I'm going to do a comparison of that pic and my next update to see if there's a big difference. All of the other length checks I'll use my last photo from May.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My poor ends need some TLC. I'm on vacation this week and we are moving tomorrow so there won't be much time to do my hair. I will at least cowash my ends with a moisturizing conditioner and seal with coconut oil.

After all the swimming and fun in the sun I am going to treat myself to a blowout at the Paul Mitchell school.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Current Length: BSL

Regimen: Changing it seasonally, but for now, Clay washing, deep condition and protective styles. I am incorporating more frequent washing when necessary, but if I don't have I won't.

What will you do to achieve your goal: Try to be diligent on my hair care. I drink 72oz of water a day (more than half my body weight), try to eat a little cleaner though I'm not sure how I can change anymore. I already exercise 4 days a week and will be adding vitamin D to my supplement list. I already take prenatals (I don't want to change) and iron.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67

faithVA

Current Length: BSL

Regimen: Changing it seasonally, but for now, Clay washing, deep condition and protective styles. I am incorporating more frequent washing when necessary, but if I don't have I won't.

What will you do to achieve your goal: Try to be diligent on my hair care. I drink 72oz of water a day (more than half my body weight), try to eat a little cleaner though I'm not sure how I can change anymore. I already exercise 4 days a week and will be adding vitamin D to my supplement list. I already take prenatals (I don't want to change) and iron.
Welcome to the thread. This session ends the end of August but you can just roll through to session 3 in September.

Dee Raven

Well, here's my update. I have to go back to work on Monday and I don't want to be bothered with hair once the kids come back to school. So, I was super happy with my growth these past 3 months. My ends felt really good so I only trimmed maybe a 3rd of an inch. I think I will go back in and shape my hair once it's dried (deva cut style). I definitely got at least an inch and a half of growth.

Attachments

• Post-cut 050116.jpg
    Post-cut 050116.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Aug 2016 Pre.jpg
    Aug 2016 Pre.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Aug 2016 Post.jpg
    Aug 2016 Post.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 61

Aggie

This morning I

Prepooed
with Pumpkin Seed Butter mixed with Biolage Aloe Hydrasource Conditioning Balm for 25 minutes
Clarified with Elucence Clarifying Shampoo
Exfoliated my scalp with Nixion Scalp Renew in preparation of using my Netwurks 21 Hair Revitalizer later today
Currently Deep Conditioning with Bekura Cocoa Bark mixed with Bekura YAM Nectar for 30 minutes
Plaiting my hair up in 4 big plaits and wigging it for the day
Moisturize much later with Bekura Honey Latte
Seal with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Hair Syrup

faithVA

Well, here's my update. I have to go back to work on Monday and I don't want to be bothered with hair once the kids come back to school. So, I was super happy with my growth these past 3 months. My ends felt really good so I only trimmed maybe a 3rd of an inch. I think I will go back in and shape my hair once it's dried (deva cut style). I definitely got at least an inch and a half of growth.
So lovely.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd with Entwine for 2 hours under heat cap.
  • Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural Lavender Chamomile, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleanser, Reconstructed with SSI Okra, 80% R/O with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = DIY mix, B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino on scalp.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Your hair is beautiful!

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Bye Bye Parabens Healing Oil.
  • DC'd for an hour under a heat cap with a mix of Honey's Handmade Yucca & Mango & Tulsi ayurvedic powder.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with SSI Okra, 80% R/W with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple & LRC Shake 'n Go, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = DIY mix, B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino on scalp.

Daina

I would like to join, my starting pic is from my March length check.

1. See below
2. Current length: Grazing BSL
3. Regimen: Co-cleanse and dc weekly; wash/clarify monthly; protein every 4-6 weeks(hard protein) light protein weekly from product usage; deep condition with steam or heat weekly. My go to styles are braidouts and bunning.
4. Achieving goal: I am limiting flat ironing this year to only 4 times. Next flat iron session will be August or September. My hair has really improved since doing this and I've grown over 2.5 inches since December. Will continue taking supplements: Hair La Vie, Chlorella, Spirulina, and drinking Beautifully Bamboo Tea and inverting monthly
5. Anything else: I have to remember patience is key. I have hairnorexia and sometimes it's hard for me to see progress.

So here is my update and end of challenge pics. I last straightened my hair in June in order to trim as a result of feedback from my Komaza analysis. I know I have grown since the beginning of the challenge and am probably around that 2 inch mark for sure as you will see in my final pic my wet stretched hair is BSL and prayerfully I'm on my way to MBL. I don't have an apples to apples comparison because I won't be using heat again till probably November. Looking forward to the next session of the challenge as well! First pic is starting pic from end of March before trim - trimmed about an inch or so post that pic, 2nd pic is June after a 1 inch trim and final pic is yesterday wet with a pull check.

Attachments

• 20160305_190524.jpg
    20160305_190524.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20160618_093656.jpg
    20160618_093656.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • 20160820_174817.jpg
    20160820_174817.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43

faithVA

So here is my update and end of challenge pics. I last straightened my hair in June in order to trim as a result of feedback from my Komaza analysis. I know I have grown since the beginning of the challenge and am probably around that 2 inch mark for sure as you will see in my final pic my wet stretched hair is BSL and prayerfully I'm on my way to MBL. I don't have an apples to apples comparison because I won't be using heat again till probably November. Looking forward to the next session of the challenge as well! First pic is starting pic from end of March before trim - trimmed about an inch or so post that pic, 2nd pic is June after a 1 inch trim and final pic is yesterday wet with a pull check.
Great job. Inspiring progress. Thanks for sharing with us. It is definitely encouraging. Will see you in session 3 :yep:

Daina

@faithVA, thanks! Being in these challenges helps me to appreciate progress. When I look where my hair was even a year ago, it is so much healthier and because of the health it is longer as well. I still have opportunity areas but overall I love the progress I've made and all the things I've learned since joining the board last year.

faithVA

I have no idea if I got 2 inches or now. Since it's hard to grab my hair it's hard to compare this length check with the last.
I made progress so that works for me.

Thursday night I shampooed, did a protein treatment, DCed and installed curlformers. My ends were raggedy :nono: I flat ironed my hair on a low setting. This was my first time flat ironing ever and it was fun :yep: It got straight enough on a low setting for me to trim my ends tomorrow. My nape is just at my shoulder blade and the rest of the back is just reaching my shoulder with my crown reaching my nape.

But I need to take 1/2 inch off tomorrow and probably another 1/2 inch off in December.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I can't believe this session is already over. I plan to straighten and dust tonight. I wasn't due for a trim until next month, but I'm not happy with my ends right now...

Evolving78

I can't wait to get the products my hair needs! That will really help with my retention. I know I will have some nice progress for OCt. are we starting another session? I'm here for it! Sept-Dec? I'm excited about it. I'm drinking more water, getting a Reggie together, and getting some quality products.

I'm going to start finger Detangling my twists with an oil, get under the dryer for 10-15 mins.
I'm going to wash and DC my hair in sections.
Anything to avoid SSKs.

faithVA

I can't wait to get the products my hair needs! That will really help with my retention. I know I will have some nice progress for OCt. are we starting another session? I'm here for it! Sept-Dec? I'm excited about it. I'm drinking more water, getting a Reggie together, and getting some quality products.

I'm going to start finger Detangling my twists with an oil, get under the dryer for 10-15 mins.
I'm going to wash and DC my hair in sections.
Anything to avoid SSKs.
Definitely having another session.

LdyKamz

So here's my update pic. Nothing at all to write home about. First pic on the leftis from January and the pic on the right is today. I don't think this is a good comparison pic either because my hair is combed down even though it isn't flat. I admit I've cut a lot but I still made progress in other areas and the health of my hair. For one my hair has completely grown in at the top and the sides. That thicker hair I've been looking for seemed to be just spots that needed to fill in and grow back. I have bangs again and that makes me happy.

Eta: the pics are too big so just left them as attachments. I accidentally wrote today's pic was September. I'm rushing my days. Lol

Attachments

• Instasize_0827191238.jpg
    Instasize_0827191238.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20160827_184716.jpg
    20160827_184716.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: