2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & J. Monique's Peppermint Pre-Poo with Cherry Bark & Teas
DC'd for an hour under the heat with Hair Yum Blueberry Yogurt.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair & Kenya Moore Growth Repair.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar and Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea, QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and Wonder Curl Butter Than Love Whipped, Keravada Warm Vanilla Sugar on length & Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil on scalp and Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla Butter on ends.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
So I kind of been mia for a bit especially some months before and after the loss of my grandma. So like about three weeks ago I kind of did this...View attachment 381601View attachment 381603View attachment 381605

@HairPleezeGrow,
I'm not in this challenge. I wanted to first tell you that I am so sorry about the loss of your precious grandmother. Secondly, your photos or so lovely. Your skin is all aglow. Your make-up is on point. The photos look like you took them in a studio for a shoot. You look wonderful. My absolute favorite photo is the one on the second row, third from left or second from the right with you looking directly into the camera. Oh and of course, the hair is fabulous! What ever you are doing, keep it up.

gvin89

Wash Day today! Shampooed with ORS Aloe Shampoo, DC'd with ORS Replenishing pak, and used QB styling products. I'm currently 2-strand twisting. Measured my hair today: Nape - 8.5 on the right and 8 on the left; Ear - 10.5 on both sides; Crown - 11.5; amnd Front - 10 on the right, 7.5 in the center, and 8 on the left.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Wash Day today! Shampooed with ORS Aloe Shampoo, DC'd with ORS Replenishing pak, and used QB styling products. I'm currently 2-strand twisting. Measured my hair today: Nape - 8.5 on the right and 8 on the left; Ear - 10.5 on both sides; Crown - 11.5; amnd Front - 10 on the right, 7.5 in the center, and 8 on the left.
Does your hair grow uneven? Mine too. The left is longer than the right in the back, sides and crown. The only area of even growth is the front bang area.

faithVA

I trimmed so much this year, I have no idea if I got 2 inches a month. And my hair seems to be evening out, letting the shorter sections catch up to the longer ones so my measuring methods don't really work. I beyond where I started so that is what matters the most.

IMG_20160325_221832979_HDR~2.jpg LengthCheckPony1.jpg

faithVA

^^^ I have trimmed a lot as well, but my hair looks full. I'm glad I had the growth to trim! I won't be trimming anymore. Once I trim my DD's hair, I'm throwing my scissors away! The only way I will be able to trim is if I buy some new ones! Ha!

I'm glad I had the growth too. I had to trim. My ends were so bad. They have finally started to recover. I will still dust on a schedule but I think I'm in a good place.

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with a mix of Bobeam Buttercream, fenugreek & Queen of Curls Rejuvenator oil.
Scalp Scrubbed with a mix of CC's Natural Lavender & Chamomile and Honey's Handmade Sugar.
CW'd with Verbena conditioner.
Reconstructed with Kenya Moore Growth Repair.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea, QB Amla & Olive and Wonder Curl Butter Than Love Whipped, Keravada Warm Vanilla Sugar on length and Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla on ends.

Evolving78

I'm glad I had the growth too. I had to trim. My ends were so bad. They have finally started to recover. I will still dust on a schedule but I think I'm in a good place.
When do you plan on trimming again? I would love to trim in April. I have never waited to trim that long. 3 months!!?!

gvin89

I plan to trim/dust once a quarter....I've discovered that my and DD1's hair thrives better with regular trims. I took a big hit in May when I had to trim close to 3 inches. I hope I never have to do that again.

faithVA

When do you plan on trimming again? I would love to trim in April. I have never waited to trim that long. 3 months!!?!
I would love to go that long. I last trimmed in November though so February would be 3 months though. My ends are usually struggling in 8 weeks. I will see how many weeks I can make it. I'm still doing some search and destroy which will help me extend it a bit.

I want to extend as long as possible but when my ends tangle I know I can't go any longer without causing further issues.

faithVA

I plan to trim/dust once a quarter....I've discovered that my and DD1's hair thrives better with regular trims. I took a big hit in May when I had to trim close to 3 inches. I hope I never have to do that again.
Yeah I have found doing small dusting prevent me from having to do big trims. I dust 1/8 to 3/4 every 8 to 12 weeks. I haven't needed a big trim. But my cuticles are so flat I can really tell when I need to dust.

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Mission Condition Infused Coconut.
DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with Obia's Babassu.
Shampoo'd with SM Fruit Fusion.
Reconstructed with Kenya Moore Growth Repair.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar, Koils By Nature ACV Hair Growth & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea, Wonder Curl Butter Than Love Whipped, Curls Blueberry on scalp & Keravada Warm Vanilla on length and Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla.

GGsKin

I don't even keep track anymore...well I note in the calendar when I've trimmed (I originally said every couple of months) but I stay searching and dusting my hair of SSK probably on a weekly basis.

faithVA

How's dusting every 2 months/8 weeks working for y'all? I'm planning on trimming/dusting with the Split Ender for the same time frame. I wasn't sure if it would be enough to keep my ends clean or not.

TIA
It's working out well. Over time I can tell the condition of my hair is better.

I hope the Split Ender is enough. My ends needed more but I'm hoping by mid year I can use the Split Ender exclusively.