2013 COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD (1/1/13-3/31/13)

faithVA

Cowashed with 4 Naturals Extra Moist Detangling Conditioner. I think this will work better as an after shampoo conditioner. I think I will see truer results. I also feel like I'm wasting it cowashing with it. I really think in the long run I will switch back to the Deva Curl One to cowash with. In the meantime I will play around with some of the other conditioners I have.

Aggie

Cowashed with Suave Wild Cherry Blossom conditioner this morning...I gatta be honest though, Suave is nice, but I still like vo5 Moisture Milks a lot better and plus my hair responds better to and behaves better with it.

Babygrowth

I am back in and please add me for the next session too! I am trying something new by cowashing 3-4x per week. I will be using Shescentit Avocado, KBN creamy conditioner, Hairveda moist 24/7, and maybe moist pro if needed. Will add more as I buy more :)

Babygrowth

Babygrowth

Was it as moisturizing as people say it is? I have it in my stash, but don't want to crack it open until summer time.

Hey lady! Chile, yes! My hair plumped up and softened instantly. After doing my LCO I can't keep my hands out of my hair! And it smells soooo goood! It will be awesome for summer too but since I have it now I will use it now! I don't have many cowash condishes! EnExitStageLeft

EnExitStageLeft

Hey lady! Chile, yes! My hair plumped up and softened instantly. After doing my LCO I can't keep my hands out of my hair! And it smells soooo goood! It will be awesome for summer too but since I have it now I will use it now! I don't have many cowash condishes! @EnExitStageLeft

@Babygrowth
Thanks for the review. Chile you got me wanting to whip it out and cowash now :lachen:. Also, have you considered Giovanni condishes for cowashes? No cones, moisturizing and easy to find. I get the liters from TJ Maxx most of the time, but they sale it by the gallon on MassageWarehouse.com for 35 bucks. I friggin' love it. Also, if you want something cheap and superrrrr easy to find I suggest V05 condishes....:dead:. These conditioners give my hair all kinds of life. They're dirt cheap and have slip for years and if I mix it with a little oil my hair is soft for days. They're not all natural, but they work and are really good for bi or tri weekly cowashing like you do.

Babygrowth

@Babygrowth
Thanks for the review. Chile you got me wanting to whip it out and cowash now :lachen:. Also, have you considered Giovanni condishes for cowashes? No cones, moisturizing and easy to find. I get the liters from TJ Maxx most of the time, but they sale it by the gallon on MassageWarehouse.com for 35 bucks. I friggin' love it. Also, if you want something cheap and superrrrr easy to find I suggest V05 condishes....:dead:. These conditioners give my hair all kinds of life. They're dirt cheap and have slip for years and if I mix it with a little oil my hair is soft for days. They're not all natural, but they work and are really good for bi or tri weekly cowashing like you do.

Girl, I had V05 had to give them away because they did nothing for my hair! I loved me some smooth as silk by giovanni and forgot about it! I may have to purchase that gallon unless I find it at Marshalls. There's no TJ Maxx near me! I was thinking about trying that 50:50 too! Which ones do you use? EnExitStageLeft

EnExitStageLeft

@Babygrowth
V05 didn't work? Dang :(. What about Suave? They're really nice too.

Also I use the 50:50 Balancing Condish and my hair ADORES it. Every time it touches it I hear the church choir singing its praises in my head lol. I used it religiously in the summer and mix it with oil and honey and do an intensive conditioning session with it (like a dc, but not really :lol:). Once I rinse my hair is supple, soft and ready for just about err'thing.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

@Babygrowth
V05 didn't work? Dang :(. What about Suave? They're really nice too.

Also I use the 50:50 Balancing Condish and my hair ADORES it. Every time it touches it I hear the church choir singing its praises in my head lol. I used it religiously in the summer and mix it with oil and honey and do an intensive conditioning session with it (like a dc, but not really :lol:). Once I rinse my hair is supple, soft and ready for just about err'thing.

Suave was just ok. My hair hates the ones in the green bottles. I wanted to try suave humectant but didn't get around to trying it since I'm addicted to all things natural. I need to go to whole foods! I'm sure I can find something there. That Giovanni sounds ahhhhhmazing! Lol! I need results like that! I have a list of ones I want to try just haven't gotten around to getting them! Like destination hydration and darcys pumpkin...

EnExitStageLeft

Babygrowth

You know I have that pumpkin seed condish and I really didn't see what the fuss was about. I'll use it this week to DC to see how it goes. Also, I have the destination hydration just sitting and waiting to be used. I really want to try it when I see it on the site, get excited because I already have it and forget about it :lachen:.

Babygrowth

Babygrowth

You know I have that pumpkin seed condish and I really didn't see what the fuss was about. I'll use it this week to DC to see how it goes. Also, I have the destination hydration just sitting and waiting to be used. I really want to try it when I see it on the site, get excited because I already have it and forget about it :lachen:.

Dag and Dag! :lachen: maybe it will be an awesome DC for you!

Aggie

Cowashed with the last of the Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner I had on hand. This is definitely NOT a repurchase for me if I can help it. Yuck!

faithVA

Cowashed with 4 Naturals Extra Moist Detangling Conditioner. I love the way it feels on my hair. Not sure about after I rinse. I am going to have to use it one more time. If it doesn't work then I will use it for prepoos.

SincerelyBeautiful

Seen some conditioner i really wanted to try. Its smells absolutely delicious and i heard it had great slip.

ForumRunner_20130330_220653.jpg

Has anyone tried this before???

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Still cowashing regularly:yep: Had to skip a day here and there because I've been slipping, I was out of coconut milk for a while and had not brewed up any more tea for rinsing.