2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm still in it to get my 2 in 4 but...I just straightened today to get my ends trimmed. Not making excuses, just sayin'. I'm happy with my progress and my post Chi regi. What I'm really happy about is that I've grown past my pre-BC length and I'm getting closer to my longest length ever and I'm natural. HHJ!

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
:dance7:OK... Mission accomplished! I didn't get quite as far as I thought I would but can't complain much. I tried to see if I could get faster results applying VHF daily... :badidea: Not only did it not perform as I expected but it got my poor hair so greasy! Lol thank God I wash twice per week at least. So yeah, going back to applying 3 times a week now.

Anyhow, glad I joined the challenge! It's nice to see that I can obtain small goals within half the time allotted. Good luck all!

Attachments

• IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 44

Evolving78

I found a decent lazy hairdo! Just wash, blow dry, and put it in my rat tail bun! Lol. I got a nice cover on it, so it won't look ratchet! I can Moisture and wash every 2-3 days doing this! I can look decent around the house and run errands! That's all I ever wanted to do was get back to wearing a bun! I've never been this lazy about hair in all of my life!
I don't know if I'm going to get two inches, but this will keep me up on maintaining my hair a little better.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I found a decent lazy hairdo! Just wash, blow dry, and put it in my rat tail bun! Lol. I got a nice cover on it, so it won't look ratchet! I can Moisture and wash every 2-3 days doing this! I can look decent around the house and run errands! That's all I ever wanted to do was get back to wearing a bun! I've never been this lazy about hair in all of my life!
I don't know if I'm going to get two inches, but this will keep me up on maintaining my hair a little better.
What!? You've got a bun already! Your hair grows like a weed!

WeirdoBeauty

Sooo I have been completely MIA pretty much since august but its that's due to school.
Update:
I installed box braids on myself(never do that again, it took me 4 days) in the middle of August.I go to college in a Texas so my hair was starting to get kinda of dry in the braids, so I took them out at the end of September. Because my hair was so dry due to the new climate,my hair was super tangley, I actually had to cut out some small knots out of my hair. After that I did a full wash routine on my hair and styled for flat twist out. I am still washing my hair 2x a week for the most part and I switch between braidouts and flat twists outs. I have also been keeping up with my reggie for the most part, but I have been slacking on my sulfur oil and scalp massages. sometimes. I have also incorporated some new things into my reggie:
-refreshing my hair at night with plain water and a oil
-detangling my hair using a revised version of Nap85 detangling method
Will update with pictures this weekend.

GGsKin

Yesterday, I used diluted protein condtioner (MCBJ) on my ends and nape and followed with diluted AOWC. Then I clay washed my hair.

My mum gave me some Aloe leaves so I peeled and crushed one, and poured the juice over scalp and hair after I rinsed the clay. Still waiting for my hair to dry this morning but making the juice myself didn't lead to immediately hard hair, like the bottled stuff usually does.

I'll wear it down today so it can dry and put it up in a banana clip later.

trclemons

Prepoo'd at work under my wig with my AVJ spritz and Cream & Coco Moon Shimmer on ends.
DC'd under heat for an hour with SD Razzberry Coconut Affair.
Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural Lavender & Chamomile Sugar.
CW'd with As I Am Coconut.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Naturelle Grow Ginger Peach, Quemet Biologics Cocoa Tree & Burdock Root, Keravada Pumpkin Pie on length & KJ Natural's Tingly on scalp and Alikay Shea Yogurt on ends.

faithVA

I was able to wear two flat twist this weekend with ease so I know I got some growth. I'm doing curlformers tonight and I'm pretty sure my ends need a trim. I was trying to wait until the end of December but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. I will know after I take these curlformers out. I don't know if I want to take my end of challenge pictures before I trim or after :perplexed.

I will figure it out.

Just a few more weeks. :yay:

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, KJ Natural's Grow It on length and Cream & Coco's Moon Shimmer on ends.
DC'd for an hour under the heat with a mix of Sweet Eddie by Nature's Desire Protein Mask and Kalpi Tone ayurvedic powder.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & Suave's Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Naturelle Grow's Ginger Peach, QB Burdock Root, Keravada Pumpkin Pie on length & KJ Natural's Tingly on scalp and Alikay's Shea Yogurt.

WeirdoBeauty

The pictures from the blue shirt is after a blowout and a fresh trim that got rid of all my dead and damaged ends in August. The red cami was taken last week. I think I gotten a decent amount of growth but I feel like my hair is getting thicker, which is kinda of strange due to the factor my hair is already very thick.:spinning:

Attachments

• IMG_3211.JPG
    IMG_3211.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 14
  • hair college 1.jpg
    hair college 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's crazy that it is almost December. We have less than 5 weeks. So get prepared for your final check in.

Please share you very first starting photo from the beginning of your challenge with your current photo. Or include a link to your first post with your current pic.

I think I will check in around the 18th.
I'll check in either the 19, 20 0r 21st after my bkt/Winter Solstice trim.

faithVA

:lachen: I'm all over the place! Subconsciously just like getting into challenges you start!
I use to track who was in each thread. I gave that up probably the 2nd quarter :lol: Next year I will just start the challenge and people can come and go as they please. I probably won't host as many challenges next year unless I get bored or have some new idea :ohwell:

Looking forward to the updates :yep:

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil on scalp & Kyra's Shea Nutrition & Conditioner Butter on ends.
DC'd for an hour under the heat with KJ Naturals Neopolitan.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & SM Fruit Fusion.
LCOB'd with Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea, QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Keravada Warm Vanilla Sugar on length & Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil on scalp and Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla Butter on ends.

I will do my final length check on December 30th.