2 Inches In 4 Months - Session 2 Of 3 - Sept, 2018 To Dec, 2018

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I totally forgot I was in this challenge! By forgetting that I was in this challenge, I convinced myself that I wanted a honey-colored bob, only to renege and get a 1/4" trim. I also didn't color my hair.

I have realized that I grow 1/4" every 30 days, which means I will not reach 2" in 4 months. My hair just does not grow that fast. So my goal right now is to stop cutting my progress and see what happens 1 April.

faithVA

I totally forgot I was in this challenge! By forgetting that I was in this challenge, I convinced myself that I wanted a honey-colored bob, only to renege and get a 1/4" trim. I also didn't color my hair.

I have realized that I grow 1/4" every 30 days, which means I will not reach 2" in 4 months. My hair just does not grow that fast. So my goal right now is to stop cutting my progress and see what happens 1 April.

Definitely hang in there with us. You may find that your hair grows 1/4" in the colder months and then sprouts in the spring. I've been in this challenge for years and didn't reach my first 2 inches goal until August of last year.

Glad you are committing to not cutting off your progress.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Been heavy sealing my twists under my wig with my DIY Shea butter mix. It has Shea butter, mango butter, castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil, plus fragrance. Also been using my AVJ/glycerine mix in a spray bottle as a leave in along with Redken Anti Snap. When i take down my twists my hair is super moisturized. I’ve been using Colorful Neutral Protein Filler for strength underneath my weekly dc as well.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
2. Current Length:14” nape just reaching MBL if pulled from back.
3. Regimen: Shampoo weekly in twists, dc/protein treatment, AVJ/glycerine/water spray, sealed with Shea butter mix, put into medium or large twists under my wig or bun in summer months. I clarify monthly.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: drink more water, keep same regimen and products, dust ends quarterly
5. Anything else you would like to share: Want nape to be 17 inches by December. It’s very slow growing unlike my sides.

View attachment 421205

The napes are always the slowest and the lowest.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I’m all in with the Ayurvedic challenge so I’m getting one clay cleanse in per week and a dc on that day. I haven’t used shampoo all year. I’m either doing twistouts, medium twists or WNGs. Im not seeing much breakage or shedding so we’ll see how that translates to length.

beauti

I'm prepooing my hair at the moment. The plan is to to wash and dc under dryer tonight and retwist tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I've gained an inch for the month. Just to make sure I'm accurate with my retention I will take current pics before twisting tomorrow.

Alma Petra

I'm prepooing my hair at the moment. The plan is to to wash and dc under dryer tonight and retwist tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I've gained an inch for the month. Just to make sure I'm accurate with my retention I will take current pics before twisting tomorrow.
How did grow an inch? That's super!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Is it too late to join?

Y’all gonna be mad @ me. Here it goes....

I put my hair in box braids (1/21/18) and I’ve been taking 500mg of Chlorella daily & applying Wild Growth Oil (week 1)/CurlyProverbz X Belle Bar Fenugreek Oil (week 2) to my scalp every other day to every 2 days.

I didn’t take a before shot because I couldn’t find my (BeachBody) measuring tape at the time I installed my jumbo braids.

2 weeks later....I can squeeze my fingers together beneath my braids. Did I get 1/2 inch in 2 weeks? So sorry y’all. It’s a strong possibility unless me applying oil allowed my box braids to slide down. Ain’t nothing like before/after pics. I’m taking these down 2/10/18. Can you visually notice 1/2 inch?

faithVA

Is it too late to join?

Y’all gonna be mad @ me. Here it goes....

I put my hair in box braids (1/21/18) and I’ve been taking 500mg of Chlorella daily & applying Wild Growth Oil (week 1)/CurlyProverbz X Belle Bar Fenugreek Oil (week 2) to my scalp every other day to every 2 days.

I didn’t take a before shot because I couldn’t find my (BeachBody) measuring tape at the time I installed my jumbo braids.

2 weeks later....I can squeeze my fingers together beneath my braids. Did I get 1/2 inch in 2 weeks? So sorry y’all. It’s a strong possibility unless me applying oil allowed my box braids to slide down. Ain’t nothing like before/after pics. I’m taking these down 2/10/18. Can you visually notice 1/2 inch?

It's not too late. Welcome to the thread.

beauti

@Alma Petra I get the half inch a month but usually try and shoot for an inch a month. It's not easy, I have to do a combo of things to get that inch like: scalp massages daily, inversion method faithfully, drink my bamboo tea every day, and greenhouse effect a few days a week. Lol it's a lot :look: but it works

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want a split ender so bad, but I can't afford the $200+ price tag...

And my ends are so raggedy. Not damaged or rough, just crinkly and flyaways galore. I don't want to trim my progress, but I want clean ends.

Curls hide the ragged ends though, so I've been sleeping in rollers occasionally. Of course my curls fell when I took this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_192330_440.jpg
    IMG_20180131_192330_440.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 42

faithVA

I want a split ender so bad, but I can't afford the $200+ price tag...

And my ends are so raggedy. Not damaged or rough, just crinkly and flyaways galore. I don't want to trim my progress, but I want clean ends.

Curls hide the ragged ends though, so I've been sleeping in rollers occasionally. Of course my curls fell when I took this pic.

Save your money. I like the split ender but it is so hard to get replacement parts. At some point you want to replace the blades. And it is really hard to tell if the blades are sharp.

But if you learn some secrets on making it work let me know.

faithVA

I think I overdried my ends blow drying in January and then doing a curlformer set. I was experiencing some terrible breakage. I'm worried that all of the growth I had in January, I have lost due to breakage. We shall see.

Friday, I did a protein treatment with Komaza and my hair seemed to be thankful. Hopefully I have stopped the breakage in its tracks. And I am still working on keeping my ends moisturized. I noticed that my ends are great in certain sections but drier in other areas.

keranikki

APB is life right now! My hair is moisturized and under a wig.
I’m still at SL, because I can’t leave scissors alone. I went and had my color retouched and my stylist asked if I wanted a trim. I said yes, even though I just had a trim roughly three weeks prior. I really need to do better.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Update:

I found a wash and go product (Bronner Brothers gel) and technique that has me in looooooove with my hair. (I created a thread with pics and the wash and go tips video, findable if you search "Bronner Brothers.")

That is really saying something, to be able to say that I love my (wng) hair.

As a result, I've been handling my hair a little too much, just experimenting with wash and go's.

:pray: I hope I haven't been weakening my ends too much from the somewhat frequent brushing.

Evolving78

I won’t make it to 2 inches in 30 day, but I’m aiming for 2 inch at the top and crown. I have been slacking on my water and vitamins. I usually do around this time. I get tired and hormonal. I don’t eat much either. Anyway, I used Silk Elements leave-in cream and softee mango hair grease. That doesn’t seem to irritate my scalp. I don’t know what is going on, but I have been having allergic reactions on my arms and legs as well, I haven’t used anything new. I think my body is acting up on me. I plan on coloring my hair dark brown soon. Maybe this week. I was tempted to run out and get some bleach, but I don’t need to do anything harsh right now. I stopped using Rogaine as well. Big chopping my hair really made a difference. My hair wasn’t gonna thrive or anything until I gotten that dead weight off of me. I probably didn’t have to cut that much off, but it was for the better in the long run. I got tired of trying to figure out what products and styles would work, and I don’t like protective styles. Protective styles are like prison.
wash day tomorrow.
I’m really gonna make sure I get my water and vitamins in! I was down about my hair, but I’m going to get these inches in my crown and other areas!

Last edited:

keranikki

I won’t make it to 2 inches in 30 day, but I’m aiming for 2 inch at the top and crown. I have been slacking on my water and vitamins. I usually do around this time. I get tired and hormonal. I don’t eat much either. Anyway, I used Silk Elements leave-in cream and softee mango hair grease. That doesn’t seem to irritate my scalp. I don’t know what is going on, but I have been having allergic reactions on my arms and legs as well, I haven’t used anything new. I think my body is acting up on me. I plan on coloring my hair dark brown soon. Maybe this week. I was tempted to run out and get some bleach, but I don’t need to do anything harsh right now. I stopped using Rogaine as well. Big chopping my hair really made a difference. My hair wasn’t gonna thrive or anything until I gotten that dead weight off of me. I probably didn’t have to cut that much off, but it was for the better in the long run. I got tired of trying to figure out what products and styles would work, and I don’t like protective styles. Protective styles are like prison.

I’m happy that you found something that works for you, as far as your scalp/hair is concerned.

As far as allergic reactions, has anything changed in your work/home environment? I hope you find the culprit soon.

Evolving78

I’m happy that you found something that works for you, as far as your scalp/hair is concerned.

As far as allergic reactions, has anything changed in your work/home environment? I hope you find the culprit soon.
Thank you! I feel better about my hair. As far as the allergic reactions, I’m not sure. I haven’t changed anything products. Same cleaning products, same hygiene products, same detergent. Maybe it might be the shampoo or conditioner? It’s just on my arms and legs though.. I put hydrocortizone on since I had a few dry eczema patches. That could be the issue..