2 Inches In 4 Months - Session 2 Of 3 - Sept, 2018 To Dec, 2018

Evolving78

@keranikki
Yeah something is going on with me. The rash is spreading and just a tiny bit itchy. My scalp is itching too. So I will get some benedryl and see if that will help, if not within a couple of hours, I will go to urgent aid. I hope it is nothing serious. I have children. I don’t wanna spread anything, but they hang all over me!

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
@keranikki
Yeah something is going on with me. The rash is spreading and just a tiny bit itchy. My scalp is itching too. So I will get some benedryl and see if that will help, if not within a couple of hours, I will go to urgent aid. I hope it is nothing serious. I have children. I don’t wanna spread anything, but they hang all over me!

I agree with your assessment. I will continue to send positive and healing vibes your way.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My ends have been doing this thing where a very tiny amount of super short hair breaks off of several ends.

I'm going to take a break from the wash and go experimentation and see whether sealing in ayurvedic hair tea under Shea butter under hard hold gel for twist outs improves the situation.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
My hair revolted after using the MC pink lemonade cream as my styler. I knew better but I was compelled to see how crazy I could look...well I saw it and it wasn’t a good look. Back to the 24k gel. I’m banding tonight to see if that works for me. If not, imma hafta get some stock in MC. No breakage, I just looked crazy for a day.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I retained/grew an inch since the picture I posted. I've just been wearing buns and spraying with water/AVJ/glycerine, moisturizing with APB Cupuacu Avocado, and sealing with Shea butter mixes. My longest layer is 2" away from waist length, but I'm not even excited. I hope to grow/retain a couple more inches by year's end.

BrownSkinQT

I learned a LOT from watching this lady's regimen and listening to her commentary. I hope to incorporate some of her retention-causing moves. :yep:

A few take-aways for me:
  • She pre-detangles (separates, finger detangles, etc. so that when it's time to detangle with her wide tooth comb, it's much, much less damaging and much less time consuming).
  • She washes in twists.
  • She said that in detangling, her goal is NOT tangle-free hair. That would be fighting her hair's nature. She accepts that her hair will always have tangles. Wow. :yep: Super helpful.
  • She said that she moisturizes every other day DESPITE THE FACT THAT HER HAIR IS NOT YET DRY-FEELING. This because she doesn't want to wait until her hair feels dry to moisturize! Wow! Makes so much sense to me when I hear it aloud, but I had been moisturizing ONCE my hair felt dry. My reasoning: "Oh, my hair still feels moisturized? No need for more moisture, then." But her logic of simply moisturizing every other day -- regardless -- so as to never have to chase after moisture, makes so. much. sense.
  • She bands to dry the hair, THEN twists. Interesting.
  • She untwists to apply her protein treatment and then retwists, but she does NOT later untwist to apply her moisturizing DC but instead simply applies that DC on TOP of her twists. INTERESTING! Less manipulation, I guess??? My strategy will be slightly different but have the same aim: I will add Green Beauty Protein to my moisturizing DC so that I deep treat JUST ONCE. Thus, I'll go ahead and untwist and retwist for that (one) deep treatment.

I can see how her methods caused her to say "YouTube Ruined My Hair".

BrownSkinQT

View attachment 419417 View attachment 419419 View attachment 419415 View attachment 419413 View attachment 419411
Thank you. I haven’t done a hair challenge in years. This is my hair immediately after I removed my crochet hair and after shampooing.
View attachment 419417 View attachment 419419 View attachment 419415 View attachment 419413 View attachment 419411
Thank you. I haven’t done a hair challenge in years. This is my hair immediately after I removed my crochet hair and after shampooing.
:p wish my hair had HALF that thickness

faithVA

Nothing going on here. Since I 'm not noticing any serious growth I will be doing the least for the April check in. I still need to dust my ends so I will probably blow dry. I definitely won't straighten.

I put in 2 strand twists and they look exactly the same as they did 2 years ago. So I will definitely stick to my flat twists.

faithVA

It's April ladies. It's the last month of this round of the challenge. So start inverting, massaging, working out, eating right and whatever else you do to get that extra growth.

There are 27 more days left. Please check in and give us your update between the 27th and the 30th.

I've got a busy schedule that weekend but will post as soon as I get a chance.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Is it ok to post my 4 month update on April 10th since my starting pic was taken on December 10th?

If so I will also put the same shirt and pants that I wore on that date haha...

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Ok finally. So I had my Sister take a decent pic. I don't think I have two inches more from Dec 10th (4 months prior), but here goes...

My hand is on my hip in both pictures. I did a small trim on April 1st (forgot about this challenge). December 10th - April 13th.

Attachments

• 20180413_231606.jpg
    20180413_231606.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 49
  • 20171210951443061.jpg
    20171210951443061.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

faithVA

Ok finally. So I had my Sister take a decent pic. I don't think I have two inches more from Dec 10th (4 months prior), but here goes...

My hand is on my hip in both pictures. I did a small trim on April 1st (forgot about this challenge). December 10th - April 13th.

It's hard for me to tell but it looks good anyway. If you trimmed that could be it. Sometimes it' hard 5o see 1 inch difference but 2 inches is more noticeable.

More than likely you grew 2 and retained 2 and trimmed a bit so you are still moving forward.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
It's hard for me to tell but it looks good anyway. If you trimmed that could be it. Sometimes it' hard 5o see 1 inch difference but 2 inches is more noticeable.

More than likely you grew 2 and retained 2 and trimmed a bit so you are still moving forward.
Thank you! My thoughts exactly, I said "mmmmmmm an inch."

faithVA

Welcome to the Second Session of 2 Inches in 4 Months Challenge

Post ending picture by September 2nd.

Complete the following

1. Starting pic
2. Current Length
3. Regimen
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
5. Anything else you would like to share.

At the end of this session post your initial picture from your joining session and your current picture.

***Anyone is welcome to join at anytime ***

faithVA

Starting pic
20180429_211446.jpg

2. Current Length: SL

3. Regimen
Shampoo and condition weekly. Do LOC on wash day and keep in flat twist of some style.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal
I will eat a more plant based diet and do cardio 3 times a week. I will also continue to keep my hair moisturized and snip splits as I find them.

5. Anything else you would like to share
In a 4 month period the sections of my hair grow at different rates. My crown is growing right now but not much else. My hair appears to even out before it grows longer all over.

Last edited:

guyaneseyankee

I’m using this most recent photo as my starting point as this is my hair in it’s natural state just sitting on my head to compare to the future 9/2/18

Since it’s summer, I think I’ll just continue with not doing my hair and washing/deep conditioning and detangling on Sundays

I’m gonna claim SL

During the week, I’m just gonna co-wash on Wednesday’s and seal with shea butter mix

Attachments

• EC16A3E7-112A-4392-A929-3DE161656819.jpeg
    EC16A3E7-112A-4392-A929-3DE161656819.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 38

faithVA

I’m using this most recent photo as my starting point as this is my hair in it’s natural state just sitting on my head to compare to the future 9/2/18

Since it’s summer, I think I’ll just continue with not doing my hair and washing/deep conditioning and detangling on Sundays

I’m gonna claim SL

During the week, I’m just gonna co-wash on Wednesday’s and seal with shea butter mix
Very pretty curls

guudhair

I wanna join!

1. Starting pic: Added
2. Current Length: BSL?
3. Regimen: clay wash and hydrating mask weekly (or biweekly), olaplex monthly, protein treatment monthly...moisturize with Shea butter blend...flatiron?
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: no cuts/trims, be consistent with regime...tweak as needed
5. Anything else you would like to share: I just took out braids after constantly getting them redone for over two years. I’m not sure if I will get them redone soon, wear wigs or my own hair yet. I know my scalp is overdue having a break longer than a few days.

ETA added starting picture...yes, my ends are raggedy...no, I’m not cutting them :look:

Attachments

• DF6DE6FA-C37C-4025-BAEB-D1ADFEB85486.jpeg
    DF6DE6FA-C37C-4025-BAEB-D1ADFEB85486.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: