2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

I want to join this.^^ I PS most of the time so this should be easy. Right now, my hair is in four braids, going to try to keep these in for a few more days, then DC (still a little dry from my recent color). Then back in braids! Will post starting pics after work. Hope to be moderately close to APL by December....which will be the first and last time I flat iron my whole head for the yr.

lexxi

So Im in. This is the perfect time to start because Im getting tired of my hair and just ordered a weave it will be here by Wednesday and probably put in by Thursday or Friday.

Drtondalia

Here's my starting pic:

I'm going to continue hiding under half wigs and lace fronts and I hope to make BSL by December. It's a stretch I know but I only gave 75% effort on the last challenge when it came to DCing and I got great results so this time I'll 110% and see what happens. ( fingers crossed).

Last edited:

mscocopuff

Sign me up! I am so eager for part 3 . I went from nape length to APL in six months. I have my castor oil now too!

Sent from Coco's iPhone using LHCF

Curly Luul

I'm ready to join this ......... never done a Hide Your Hair Challenge so count me plz

I wear my hair in PS all the time so i can do this

thanks and HHG Ladies xx

sarathu

Sign me up! I am so eager for part 3 . I went from nape length to APL in six months. I have my castor oil now too!

Sent from Coco's iPhone using LHCF

If you don't mind me asking. How were you hiding and what were you doing while hiding? I'm trying to get from neck to apl too.

voltefaccia

Got my first weave last week for an impromptu trip to Jamaica with the boy and am enjoying it! That has been my downfall with my HHJ... protective styles. Weaving and wigging for the rest of the year!!! Now to find a weave support thread 'cause I have no idea how to deal with this tangling... but actually.

^_^

NikkiQ

First new PS of the challenge

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1309695478095.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1309695494506.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 57

LadyMacgyver

Sign me up I would love to do latch braids or just some type of braids.. Not sure yet but I still have today and tomorrow to do a style..

SmilingElephant

This is my length as of today. Collarbone length.

My PS is wash n go, a puff, a bun and twists:yep:

I don't plan on blowing my hair out anymore this year. So this is my pass. :)

FoxxyLocs

I really want to learn how to cornrow/flat twist my own hair. My PS options and styling in general would be so much better if I could do this. As it stands now, I have to wait for my mom or my bff to come to town and do it for me.

Anyone know of any good YT tutorials?

Sent from my HTC Evo

NikkiQ

PS #2...Drew by Beshe. Love it!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1309814890121.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 47

beauti

i'm in once again! last challenge i bunned, wigged it, then braided my hair until the last two months. this go round i will be weaving it up! right now i'm in a bun till i figure out which hair i wanna buy :yep:

kiminprogress

Wet bunning today and until the weekend. I think after that I will try two strand twists. Wish me luck ladies. I love to wear my hair out so this is REALLY going to me a challenge for me. I think I will get some Nioxin vitamins too in order to maximize my results.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SPH-M910

SunnyDelight

I want to join also. I'm transitioning - in a wig. I will alternate between wigs and braids. Been chopping permed ends off . . . will take starting photo tonight.

skraprchik

I flat ironed my hair for the first time in 5 months yesterday to do a 1 year anniversary length check. It immediately went up into a HairZing after the pictures were taken. I'm looking forward to the day when I can bun on wet or twist-out/braid-out hair. I'm going to be leaving my hair in wng puffs for the rest of the summer, or twists.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm in. Wigs seem to be the way to go with me. So I guess I'll be wiggin it until the new year. I'm currently wearing AMA by "It's a Wig" (HUMAN HAIR / Color 1). This is my 1st Human Hair wig and I am LOVIN it! This is also my first short wig and I'm loving that also!

LadyMacgyver

This is the wig I plan to make this weekend.. I just need to make sure I do the closure part right.. I thought about sewing it in but I would rather be able to slip it off when I can..

Attachments

• yhst-2519492840586_2165_571877067.jpg
    yhst-2519492840586_2165_571877067.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 17