Hide Your Hair Challenge (June 15 - December 15) Support Thread

Ms_Twana

Alright ladies. Our challege officially starts Monday, June 15, 2009 and ends Tuesday, December 15, 2009. This thread will be used to guess what.....SUPPORT each other. :grin:

Here is a thread that RabiaElaine (starter of HYH challenges, I believe) made during one of the many LHCF HYH Challenges. I'm sure it will be very helpful.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=122131&highlight=hide+hair

For the original HYH for 6 Months (June 15 - December 15) Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=367811

For the HYH for 6 Months Starting Pictures Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372473

Alright now...let's hide this hair and RETAIN SOME LENGTH!!! :yep:

REVEAL THREAD:http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=9624604#post9624604

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I guess I will be the first to post. I'm hoping a ton of pics will be posted in the starting photo thread today. About 100 people signed up but there are only 25-30 photos in the photo thread. I am excited about this challenge! I was hoping I could post a more recent pic but I didn't get my hair dryer in time.

SunnyDelight

My home internet was out all weekend :( I took my starting photo's last night and will post hopefully tonight.

I'm in a bun today and will probably alternate between wearing buns and braids.

Good luck ladies.

Daisimae

I'll be able to post my starting photos as soon as I find the cord to connect the camera to the computer. I thought the camera had a SD card in it, but, it didn't.

SpiritJunkie

Hey Ladies!!

I've been doing this for a while. So far so good. I was a little apprenhesive in terms of what I could do since I wanted to eliminated using a 1/2 wig.

I do peacock twist, donut buns and it works. I look forward to seeing how much I retain!

HHG!

Lylddlebit

I am going to keep my braids in until the end of this month. Then I am going to hide my natural hair some other kind of way. That natural bun thead was right on time. I plan to try those later. I plan on taking pictures update..Question: Can progress during the challenge updates be publicly seen during the reveal just all at the end or are all the pictures of hair during the challenge not be be revealed with the exception of the beginning and ending pic?

ad0rkabletash

I started hiding my hair after I signed up, just to get used to it. So far, so good. I've just gotta find some more styles that I can do! I'm probably going to keep my hair in buns for the summer, and then figure out something else for the fall. I'm not sure though.

Good luck ladies!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Question: Can progress during the challenge updates be publicly seen during the reveal just all at the end or are all the pictures of hair during the challenge not be be revealed with the exception of the beginning and ending pic?

I plan to continue taking pics along the way and post them all at the end.

Saffirejuiliet

I am excited about this challenge ladies. I hope everyone will get lots of growth by December 15 and meet their goals. I plan to keep thing simple and implement different protective styles (buns, braids, and twists mainly), hair supplements, and stay on top of conditioning my hair. HHG ladies!

locabouthair

I am wearing a half wig with cornrows underneath but the braids never stay..

I just took out the braids and I'm going to wash my hair tonight.

I've been spraying scurl everyday and my hair is feeling moist but it feels like it has buildup.

I had tangles but I took my time. After I combed my hair I looked at the hairs that I lost and most of them were shed hairs. I think my hair will benefit from this.

I'll admit that I'm not feeling the wig that much but I'm gonna stick with this:yep:

Ms_Twana

Alright ladies. So far so good. I just got back from out of town yesterday. I will be updating challenger names when I get off work today. :yep:

fyb87

Okay....I tried wearing a bun yesterday and that did not work at all! So today I twisted it and tied it back very loosely with a ribbon to give it more or a corporate look. Good thing my job is kinda casual. I think I'm going to keep twist in for the entire time. Boring I know. But, I can't do buns and ponytails as they hurt my head and give me headaches. I'll just re-do them every few days. I'll have to look at fotki's and youtube videos to try and come up with styles. Going to try to learn how to do flat-twist in the front this week-end.

glamazon386

I'm in. I'm wearing a quick updo now. Here are my starting point pictures:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Good morning ladies. My siggy pic will have to be my starting pic although it was taken in February. It was longer but I have since trimmed back to that length. My goal is HEALTHY long hair so I need to trim from time to time.

I hennaed for the first time yesterday and I just did a spiral set. It's not showing my length but it's not hiding the hair either so I guess I've used up one pass or can I be excused this one time :D?

I look forward to making my very first wig purchase which is mainly why I joined this challenge. I need to learn to wear wigs since I hate weaves. HHG

Ms_Twana

I'm in. I'm wearing a quick updo now. Here are my starting point pictures:

Good morning ladies. My siggy pic will have to be my starting pic although it was taken in February. It was longer but I have since trimmed back to that length. My goal is HEALTHY long hair so I need to trim from time to time.

I hennaed for the first time yesterday and I just did a spiral set. It's not showing my length but it's not hiding the hair either so I guess I've used up one pass or can I be excused this one time :D?

I look forward to making my very first wig purchase which is mainly why I joined this challenge. I need to learn to wear wigs since I hate weaves. HHG

Ladies, please post your starting pictures in the starting pictures thread (see below). Once we reveal, it will be easier to have all of the pictures together. Thanks.

Alright ladies. Our challege officially starts Monday, June 15, 2009 and ends Tuesday, December 15, 2009. This thread will be used to guess what.....SUPPORT each other. :grin:

Here is a thread that RabiaElaine (starter of HYH challenges, I believe) made during one of the many LHCF HYH Challenges. I'm sure it will be very helpful.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=122131&highlight=hide+hair

For the original HYH for 6 Months (June 15 - December 15) Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=367811

For the HYH for 6 Months Starting Pictures Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372473

Alright now...let's hide this hair and RETAIN SOME LENGTH!!! :yep:

Ms_Twana

I bought two new buns yesterday. One is the HUGE Diva Bun. It's huge, but it's cute. :grin:

I want to get a sew-in, but I think I'll just pay for a really good wig instead. IDK. :perplexed

Shay72

Natural, 4A

I went back and read the original thread and it states to hide the length of your hair which is what you did. Correct me if I am wrong, please Ms_Twana.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Thanks ladies. I'll probably wash it out sometime this weekend cos I plan on buying a wig :D
Off to the pictures thread to post my starting pic

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I just twisted my hair for a twist out. I will wear it for two days then do a cowash & wet bun it. My main styles for this challenge will be buns, wet buns, and twist outs.

kooskoos

Hello Ladies!

I'm new here, but I'm soooo excited about this challenge! I've been practicing for the past two weeks since I'm not that good with protective styling :nono: But so far my fave thing to do is curlformer sets in an updo. I redo my hair ever Friday and moisturize hair daily.

Lylddlebit

I took down a few of my braids(the back) today. I am going to take the rest down tomorrow. I have no clue how I'm going to work it natural but I want to keep my focus on keeping my hair strong, moisturized, and protected. I also want to focus on keeping my scalp clean. I'll see what happens as I experiment with some new styles. I haven't worn my hair in its natural state for more than 2 weeks(and that one time period someone did my hair for me). I am going to start off with some natural twists and buns.

Titansgirl

I bought 3 different half wigs that I/'ve been wearing since the start of the challenge. I plan on alternating between them throughout the entire challenge. I will post a picture in my profile of the different looks. I just have a small amount of my hair out in the front. I'm really feeling these wigs. I think they are better for protecting my hair than the weave than I had in two weeks ago. I'm able to remove the half wig and take dowm my braids and really get a good wash and condition in.

That's important for mhy because I work out everyday and my hair really sweats.

Lylddlebit

I just finished the whole wash routine and put in some 2 strand twists in my natural hair. I plan to wear these pinned up even though my length is hidden with them down. I'm all proud, because I always straighten my natural hair. I took pics but I am just going to post everything from the challenge period at the end. Yay me :D I don't need no pressing comb...I don't need no pressing comb. ((going to bed now)) :D.

Ms_Twana

I just finished the whole wash routine and put in some 2 strand twists in my natural hair. I plan to wear these pinned up even though my length is hidden with them down. I'm all proud, because I always straighten my natural hair. I took pics but I am just going to post everything from the challenge period at the end. Yay me :D I don't need no pressing comb...I don't need no pressing comb. ((going to bed now)) :D.

You're absolutely right...you DON'T need a pressing comb!!! :grin: