2011 Stick to the Reggies Challenge

indarican

Hey ladies,

This is especially dedicated to those who have not yet mastered thier Reggies! (Any masters please feel free to comment and give tips!!)It seems like many times people jump around from reggie to reggie because of what they have read, or because thier hair is not reacting fast enough (ME:look:)

If there is one thing that I have learned through out this year that I have been on LHCF its that healthy hair takes time!!:grin::grin:

Soooooooooo Here are the RULES!!!

• Post up the reggie that you will be using for 2011.
  • Be consistent with your reggie... if you say your gonna DC once a week do so.
  • Don't constantly change products (if you must change products, tell us why--- did they discontinue, was it causing breakage, etc.)
  • Post up progress pics!
Hopefully by the end of the year we will have healthy hair and our hair care will be easy breezy!!​

Challengers
EtherealEnigma
It_comes_naturally
CB1731
Keepithealthy
Jetbeauty09
TrackStar
SuchaLady
Shana'​
CrownCola
Cia_garces
tdc1978​
Chaosbutterfly

Last edited:

HauteHippie

I'm in! I've joined a couple of challenges, but the biggest challenge of all (for me) is sticking to my regi. I'll be back to post the necessary info.

Regi:

Wash/dc once every 10 days with steam (sometimes add Argan oil).

Water hair every other day with water/aloe or Aussie Moist.

Apply sulfur mix 3-4 times a week.

Vitamins: Multi, Hairifinity, iron, garlic, vitamin C, MSM

Habits: drinks lots of water, eat healthy (fish, nuts, fresh/raw veggies, add seaweed back into my diet), exercise at least 3 times a week, and try to get some sleep!

ETA: I changed my wash frequency (my weave wasn't going to last) and vitamins.

Starting pics:

Sorry, no make-up!

it_comes_naturally

I'll bite. I like this challenge. :yep:

Regimen:

I'll probably be in crochet braids or wigs most of 2011.

Shampoo/DC every 2wks with Elucence and Pantene relaxed and natural hair mask
Aphoghee 2 min 1x/month
Leave-in Giovanni direct or shescentit coco creme
Moisturize every other day with JC leave in conditioner or moisture mist
apply sulfur mix atleast 3xs/wk

When it warms up, I may bun for 2wks at a time, between crochet braids and wigs. My regimen will change a little during that time.

Last edited:

CB1731

I'm in enough challenges already but this one seems doable. I am in too.

~My reggie~

-Cowash Daily w/V05 or Suave
-Moisturize with HE LTR Leave-in and seal with castor oil
-Wear hair in a bun daily
-Shampoo once a week with GVP Nexxus Therappe but when it's gone I will be switching to Loreal EverPure Sulfate free Shampoo
-DC atleast once a week ( I use different conditioners but I always use EVOO with them)
-Apply sulfur mixture at night atleast 2x/week (hate the smell or I'd do more)
-Clarify once a month w/ Suave Clarifying shampoo

I am in the Hide Your Hair Challenge so my progress pics will be of new
growth.

Last edited:

keepithealthy

Im in! I am also a part of the mbl by 2011 challenge. My goal is to get there by June..:look:

Products
Hawaiian Silky 14 N1, Shea Butter, EVOO, Coconut Oil, Suave and VO5 cheapies for cowashes, Esencia as a leave in and a deep conditioner. I also use Organics Olive Oil Replenishing Pack for deep conditioning and Bio infusin rosemary mint shampoo (I just tried that). I sometimes use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment but only when I feel my hair needs it. For wash and go's and two strand twists I use a mix of conditioner, oils, shea butter and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. Oh and my newest discovery Rose Water smells so good and leaves hair really soft.

Reggie
Starting in Jan
Washing and deep conditioning every two weeks. Wearing my hair in two strand twist for 4 weeks and then wearing it straight for two weeks. A wash and go every once in a while in between.

Taking my multi vitamin, fish oil and protein shakes.

jetbeauty09

I'm in! I have to come up a reggie b/c in the last 3 months I have mucked up my progress! I will probably be in back to back sew-ins, washing every 2 weeks....

trackstar

I'm in! But I have a question. I recently hopped on a whole bunch of bandwagons (prepooing, ceramides, and SAA) that may or may not be necessary. I will not be ADDING anything to my regime, but I may find that some are completely useless, and I will cut them out after a months time.

Regardless, here it is...
1x week/every 10 days:
prepoo hot 6 oil
shampoo giovanni tea tree triple treat
ACV wash
joico k-pak reconstructor
DC AOHSR w/SAA, WGO, honey
Roux PC
leave in - joico k-pak heat defense leave in
blow dry with comb, flat iron with comb chase method. CHI silk infusion before both
moisturizer - NTM, joico moisture lotion.
seal - WGO, JBCO

I'm a BKT natural.

SuchaLady

I'll give it a try.

My Regimen

Wash/DC

-with either SE Shampoo or CON
-DC with SE Cholesterol or SE Megasilk (I'm dying to try Proclaim's shampoo and conditioner though)
M&S
-ORS For Girls and seal with Proclaim Natural 7 oil (just started but Im in love already)
-No bunning until atleast June. I have to grow out these broken spots caused by buns :nono: I plan on utilizing braid outs/twist outs/silk wraps

Two off topic questions though. Does anyone know of a good protein shampoo and conditioner besides Mane N Tail that I can get from Sally's? And when washing a braid out has anyone had better results saturating with conditioner to detangle and then shampooing versus shampooing/DCing then detangling?

Shana'

I'm in, here's my reggie and the products I plan to use................

Regimen
Wash/DC/Rollerset weekly.
Clarify and protein treatments as needed.
Relax every 12-16 weeks.
No trims, just dusting

Products
Poo-CON (old formula)
DC-CON Argan paks (w/ heat) or ORS paks(overnight)
Protein conditioners-Aphogee 2 min or CON Repairing Conditioner (old formula)
Rollerset Products-NTM L/I, Aphogee Pro-vitamin L/I and Keracare Foam
Relaxer-Mizani BB

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

this is a good challenge and i think a lot of people will benefit from this if they can stick with it you know.

indarican

I'm in! But I have a question. I recently hopped on a whole bunch of bandwagons (prepooing, ceramides, and SAA) that may or may not be necessary. I will not be ADDING anything to my regime, but I may find that some are completely useless, and I will cut them out after a months time.

Regardless, here it is...
1x week/every 10 days:
prepoo hot 6 oil
shampoo giovanni tea tree triple treat
ACV wash
joico k-pak reconstructor
DC AOHSR w/SAA, WGO, honey
Roux PC
leave in - joico k-pak heat defense leave in
blow dry with comb, flat iron with comb chase method. CHI silk infusion before both
moisturizer - NTM, joico moisture lotion.
seal - WGO, JBCO

I'm a BKT natural.

I'm in! I have to come up a reggie b/c in the last 3 months I have mucked up my progress! I will probably be in back to back sew-ins, washing every 2 weeks....

I'll give it a try.

My Regimen

Wash/DC
-with either SE Shampoo or CON
-DC with SE Cholesterol or SE Megasilk (I'm dying to try Proclaim's shampoo and conditioner though)
M&S
-ORS For Girls and seal with Proclaim Natural 7 oil (just started but Im in love already)
-No bunning until atleast June. I have to grow out these broken spots caused by buns :nono: I plan on utilizing braid outs/twist outs/silk wraps

Two off topic questions though. Does anyone know of a good protein shampoo and conditioner besides Mane N Tail that I can get from Sally's? And when washing a braid out has anyone had better results saturating with conditioner to detangle and then shampooing versus shampooing/DCing then detangling?

I'm in. I still havent created a set reggie but between this challenge and the use 1, buy 1 challenge should be ok.

I'll be back to post my 2011 reggie

Im in! I am also a part of the mbl by 2011 challenge. My goal is to get there by June..:look:

Products
Hawaiian Silky 14 N1, Shea Butter, EVOO, Coconut Oil, Suave and VO5 cheapies for cowashes, Esencia as a leave in and a deep conditioner. I also use Organics Olive Oil Replenishing Pack for deep conditioning and Bio infusin rosemary mint shampoo (I just tried that). I sometimes use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment but only when I feel my hair needs it. For wash and go's and two strand twists I use a mix of conditioner, oils, shea butter and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. Oh and my newest discovery Rose Water smells so good and leaves hair really soft.

Reggie
Starting in Jan
Washing and deep conditioning every two weeks. Wearing my hair in two strand twist for 4 weeks and then wearing it straight for two weeks. A wash and go every once in a while in between.

Taking my multi vitamin, fish oil and protein shakes.

!!!!!WELCOME!!!!!
Lets all stay motivated! we can do this ladies!!!

CrownCola

This challenge is just perfect. I can attribute many a setback to my lack of a consistent routine. Even though I rarely find time to post, I'm sure this will change that. I'm all the way in. Thanks for this one. :yep:

keepithealthy

I'll give it a try.

My Regimen

When I feel like my hair is tangled instead of washing first I will wet my hair, saturate with conditioner, detangle and then wash and deep condition. Works for me.

destine2grow

I'm in! I will shampoo 1x a week using aphohee damage hair or elucence moisture balance. I will cowash 1-2x a week using AOHSR until its gone. V05 moisture milks and maybe elucence moisture balance con, not sure yet! I will dc with ORS hair mayo, SE olive moisture treatment, elucence moisture 2-3x a week! Clarify once a month with ORS creamy aloe or elucence clarifying shampoo. Protein treatment 1x a month with aphogee 2 min reconstructor or ORS replenishing con. Moisturize with qhemet burdockroot or wave neuveau finishing lotion. Seal with grapeseed oil, evoo. Oil scalp 2-3x a wwk with castor oil mix with peppermint oil. Take biotin and iron pills!

Can anyone recommend any small biotin pills?

CrownCola

I'm in! I will shampoo 1x a week using aphohee damage hair or elucence moisture balance. I will cowash 1-2x a week using AOHSR until its gone. V05 moisture milks and maybe elucence moisture balance con, not sure yet! I will dc with ORS hair mayo, SE olive moisture treatment, elucence moisture 2-3x a week! Clarify once a month with ORS creamy aloe or elucence clarifying shampoo. Protein treatment 1x a month with aphogee 2 min reconstructor or ORS replenishing con. Moisturize with qhemet burdockroot or wave neuveau finishing lotion. Seal with grapeseed oil, evoo. Oil scalp 2-3x a wwk with castor oil mix with peppermint oil. Take biotin and iron pills!

Can anyone recommend any small biotin pills?

Found these in WalMart.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

SuchaLady

When I feel like my hair is tangled instead of washing first I will wet my hair, saturate with conditioner, detangle and then wash and deep condition. Works for me.

Thank you. Ill give it a try. I called myself doing bantu knots and when it was time to wash my hair I was like :sad:

Adonia1987

I would like to join. This will be perfect as I am doing then no buy challenge. It will help me stick to my products/regimen.

My regimen is very simple. I prepoo with AVJ sealed with hot oil. I shampoo with Shea Moisture Moisture retention shampoo, DC with Shea Moisture Masque. I twist my hair, or cornrow if I am wearing a half wig. I do this every two weeks.

I will try to stick to this regimen during the winter. it will most likely change during the summer.
________
Upskirt japanese

Last edited:

gorjis1

I want to join this challenge.

Regimen...
wash/DC: 1x week
prepoo: biweekly EVCO w/heat
shampoo: sulfate-free shampoo
DC: ORS hair mayo, Elasta QP DPR 11, or Aussie Moist
leave in: NTM Silk Touch, HE LTR, Giovanni Provitamin
moisturizer: NTM, Elasta QP Mango Butter, water/aloe vera juice spray mix
seal - EVOO, EVCO, JBCO, grapeseed oil, almond oil
hood dryer or air dry

lilanie

I would love to join... I am going to finalize my reggie (in my head) and post prior to the year's end...

I promise!

tasha5951

I'm in, I'm quickly becoming a product junkie and it needs to stop.

Ok, my reggie-

-Co Wash every 3 days with Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner
-Detangle with Giovanni's 50/50 Conditioner
-DC 1x per week w/ Jessicurl DC & Microwavable Heat Cap
-Shampoo 1x per week w/ Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (and a few others that I'm using up)
-Clarify Shampoo 1x every 6 weeks w/ Tresemme
-Leave in Conditioner either Cantu Leave in OR Kimmaytube's Leave in Receipe
-Seal w/ Coconut Oil
-Protective Styles during the week, wash & go on the weekends
-Styling Products are Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding or Merengue (and a bunch of others that I just need to use up)
-No Heat until my birthday weekend at the end of March

FocusLady

I'll join, however I don't have staple products. I need some protein.

Regimen:

Wash 1x wk in two braids CWC: Con/Suave PRO, Poo/SE, and DC with QH, Coconut Cream, and EVOO mix
Co-wash mid-week- Suave or VO5
Moisturizer/leave in - HS 14-1 or some kind of juice
Seal - Grease