**~** Stick To The Reggies Challenge 2012 **~**

Bublin

i already know the first thing im going to change when i get past these first three months... i need some real shampoo in my life this baking soda just aint cutting it.

indarican i don't see the point in continuing to use something when you KNOW it's not doing your hair any good. It's only going to give you a set back which would defeat the whole purpose.

On a side note i had scheduled in my diary to wash my hair today and despite being tired i did it and used my HS combs for the first time - they are the biz.

LuvlyRain3

i want in on this challenge too. heres my current regimen:

wash every two weeks with con argan oil shampoo

then a protein treatment with either cj repair me or hydratherma naturals protein for at least an hour under a hydracap

follow up with a moisture dc. my fave dc is currently silk dreams vanilla silk but im a dc junkie so it definitely wont be the only one in rotation

after that i seal with a butter on an oil. i like hairitage hydration peach aloe pomade and their mango tango cloud for sealing. i also use silk dreams alliyahs blessing to seal sometimes. i dont use a leave in after i dc. i realize if youre dc does what its suppose to do then you dont need a leave in.

i moisturize with a leave or a creamy mooisturizer in the middle of the week and seal.

in between shampoo sessions i use a cleansing conditioner. either cj daily fix or hairveda amla cream rinse. then i condition with either cj olive and argan oil or cj strenghtening conditioner.

i like rotating products and trying new things so my products may change but the routine will stay the same.

indarican

Hows everyone doing...according to my ruler i should be full apl by june!!! i cant wait to see if this reggie is working out

morehairplease

indarican so far, so good. I am on a quest now to find a staple leave in because the one that I am currently using is not agreeing with my hair. Glad to hear that you will be full apl by June....that's awesome.

youwillrise

Alert! Alert!

I have changed my regimen for specific reasons

I have not changed the products...just some methods

For 5 months I was on a hardcore protective styling, low manipulation regimen. I would wear my hair in twists and braids for 2 to 4 weeks at a time and I did retain pretty well, but I also lost hair in tragic ways during takedown...no matter how careful I was.

So I decided to change a few things up.

New things:

1) I style my hair in large twists/braids or 2 big flatwists rather than small ones and I do them while in the shower...I also takedown in the shower. The bigger size cuts down on take down time and the bigger size plus doing it in the shower gives me stretch and it provides a bit of detanglage whilst I twist/braid my hair and for takedown it makes it easier and safer (for me, anyway) because I don't end up ripping my hair out...I pin them up when I get outta the shower and wear that syle for 4 to 7 days.

2) instead of restyling once every 2 to 4 weeks, I restyle once or twice a week, so I can get rid of sheds that tangle in my hair more quickly

3) I started wearing a stocking cap to condition while my hair is in the protective style to preserve the style (so I won't have to redo more than once or twice a week)

I was just noticing some things and they needed to change. Like I said, no matter how I tried...no matter how careful I was, I just couldn't HELP but end up ripping my hair out when I was taking all those 3 week old twists or braids out. My hair doesn't like to be in an "out" state much...so protective styling is needed, but I'm also learning that my hair can't handle being left in the same style too long or in styles that are super tiny.

So...all in all...products are the same! methods...different.

indarican

youwillrise Im sorry about you losing hair during take down. That's why I had to stop braiding my hair I felt it was doing more harm than good.

Bublin I really didn't want to give up on the baking soda yet. I'm not sure if my itch scalp is from it not being clean, the sulfur mix I'm using or the moisturizing products I use. I think I'm going to take all three out and add back one at a time

Evolving78

yes, but i am off this week. i didn't wash my hair Sat or Sunday, so now i have to do it today, so i can still be able to stay on my wash twice a week reggie. i have been trying to put this color in for days now. just seem too tired or lazy to do it. hopefully i can make my APL goal by April, but who knows, it might be June as well.

LuvlyRain3

I want to straighten my hair which means that I would have to go off my Reggie since I would be dcing off schedule.

Ogoma

Is it too late to join? I keep changing up my reggie every week. What I am doing is working, but keep feeling like I need to switch it up whenever I hear about some other method. I need to stick to one regimen for a period of time.

SunySydeofLyfe

I decided to wear my hair braided and wear wigs. Got my hair braided into a beehive. I have four mixes that i use nightly and will poo and dc on the 4th day. Then back to the mixes. I'm going to try for 6-8 weeks with the braids then heavy protein then rebraided. I want to be bsl by June.

Bublin

I'm sticking to my reggie.
I've now finished my bottle of AO HSR which i use on dry hair so now i'm going to purchase GBP and try that out....a little nervous as i'm v sensitive to protein. I am also going to purchase a Matrix Biolage dc and use that after i shampoo.

Evolving78

i am back on my reggie! i dc'ed on dry hair, shampoo'ed the shower, rinsed applied my leave-in and serum, rolled my hair, and put it up in the back. i moisturized and sealed my hair last night and this morning. i slept on my satin pillowcase.

indarican

I have been off my reggie for about a week now, i just been really lazy but im back.

NOTE!!!
I have some form of excema on my scalp... didnt know and it hasnt been diagonosed by a doctor but by someone who does have it. I have incredibly dry skin, INCREDIBLY. in fact i was told by one doctor a long time ago that i indeed had a very slight case of excema... but anywhoo... I just added some head and shoulder to the mix because my scalp was so uncomfy just with the baking soda.

Ogoma

@MsSonya how are you liking Ms Key?
@Ogoma did you ever come up with a reggie?
@youwillrise how is the new methods coming along, less hair loss?
@morehairplease did you ever find that leave in? what kind are you looking for, creamy or watery? Kinky curly knot today is pretty good.

I have come up with one I am planning on sticking with until the end of February. My regimen will change with my workout schedule, which changes with the weather and my training schedule. The plan is to keep it simple with processes since I have quite a few different products I need to use up.

- Pre-poo with oil, detangle, cleanse with terressentials, and steam with DC 1x a week
- Co-wash 3x a week; alternate between W'n'G (co-wash days) & stretched puff
- Night time routine: massage scalp with oil and moisturize & stretch as needed

morehairplease

@ indarican Hey there sweetie, I am still looking for a liquid leave in because I have fine strands that are easily weighed down.

I am so sorry to hear about your scalp eczema. In 2004, I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis and after all of the prescriptions, occ meds, home remedies.....I found nothing that worked until this thread was started: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=582811

I applied the paste to my scalp and let it remain for an hour then rinsed with warm water maybe 3/4 times and have had no problems with my seborrheic dermatitis flare ups since.....it was my hair's saving grace.

Last edited:

silenttullip

I've been mia but my Reggie did get tweaked, don't boot me out please. I took away Shea as a styler and made it a sealant only due to it building up. I've been in twists 3 weeks tomorrow. I did use gel to hold my style but I'll switch to a pomade in march when I can tweak my Reggie. Besides that and a little medicated t gel I've been behaving I gotta check that link did you use the borax or neem paste? I have dermatitis like flares too

Last edited:

Giggletush

My reggie is still the same, albeit the fact that some weeks I ignore it due to school obligations (don't boot me either please :ohwell:). Just got done with Mid-terms so hopefully, I can get back to being normal and focused. :spinning:

morehairplease

Just checking in ladies....I am still cleansing with rhassoul clay mixed with water and absolutely loving it. This past weekend, I purchased full sizes of the b.a.s.k. silk & honey latte detangling milk, QB CTDG, and a sample size of PBN moisture milk in the hopes of finding a staple hair moisturizer. I am continually to seal with hempseed oil and am considering adding argan oil in the near future.

I hope all is well with everything and hhg to you ladies.

MsSonya

I havent posted much in here, because I have been struggling with a reggie. :( Since I am now 100% natural. I have found what works for my hair, I mean still learning....I cowash daily, DC 1-2x week. henna once a wk. Moisturize daily.
I will cowash tonite with Tresemme Naturals DC w/ORS for 10-30mins w/heat. Apply leave in And airdry ponytail.