2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

faithVA

Still cowashing every other day. I will do this through the holiday and then switch to every 3 days. I'm using up old product now: AIA Cleansing Pudding, Deva Curl One and AIA Leave-In. Starting tomorrow I will clarify using Deva Curl One with baking soda, DC with Naturelle Grows Herbal Blends and then mud. I will use up the AIA leave-in and AIA Twist defining cream and then just use KKNT and KKCC. Hopefully I can use most of the AIA up by the holiday.

My hair is definitely becoming more hydrated and starting to hang a bit more. But I am glad to be almost finished with the frequent cowash/mudding process.

McQuay30

Still cowashing every other day. I will do this through the holiday and then switch to every 3 days. I'm using up old product now: AIA Cleansing Pudding, Deva Curl One and AIA Leave-In. Starting tomorrow I will clarify using Deva Curl One with baking soda, DC with Naturelle Grows Herbal Blends and then mud. I will use up the AIA leave-in and AIA Twist defining cream and then just use KKNT and KKCC. Hopefully I can use most of the AIA up by the holiday. My hair is definitely becoming more hydrated and starting to hang a bit more. But I am glad to be almost finished with the frequent cowash/mudding process.

faithVA, what mud are you using and how are you using it?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

faithVA

[USER said:
McQuay30;20260107[/USER]]faithVA, what mud are you using and how are you using it?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I am making my own with a combination of bentonite, red and kaolin clay. No special recipe, just water, olive oil, honey and a little acv. I put it on for 30 minutes after I deep condition.

faithVA

I have decided I will cowash during the week and then leave the clarifying, cowash, mud for the weekend when I have more time. I will see how that goes.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Sneaking in another challenge...cowashed with Kinky Kashmere's All in One Conditioner. It is meh for me. I'm just trying to use it up.

Ogoma

I did a midweek CoWash for the first time in a while and I remembered why I really liked them.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oops forgot to answer the questions!

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):[B/]
Natural

2) Current hair length:
APL, stretched

3) Ultimate hair length:
No specific goal, focused on health

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
Hair is a bit rougher to the touch than it used to be. Working in getting it back to how soft and silky it was before

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash

6) Number of times per week you will do this:
CoWash daily
CoCleanse or Mud Wash 1x/wkly

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
CoWash & CoCleanse- rotating through various CoWashers and CoCleansers
Mud Wash-Bobeam Cocoa & Rhassoul Clay Bar

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
Hot oil before daily
Hot oil, dc, before weekly

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
N/A

10) List shampoo:
N/A

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Did a hot oil tx for about an hour then cowashed with Kinky Kashmere's All in One conditioner. I only have 1-2 more uses of this so I better get to looking for more cowashers that I like better.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
IDareT'sHair
Just came back from ordering more Hairveda :lachen:. I bought Moist 24/7, Moist PRO, and Cream Cleansing Rinse. I just ordered the 16 oz because I want to make sure my hair still likes the stuff before buying the deluxe sizes or gallons.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Shay72

Yeah...HV Conditioners are my Summer Cowashing Go-To's. :lick:

Cost effective, performs well and smells good.

Right now tho', I'm using SSI's Avocado.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Did an HOT oil tx for about 1-1.5 hours then cowashed with Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobob Volumizing Conditioner.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
cowashed with Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobob Volumizing Conditioner.
-Thursday Today-Did a HOT with Eden Bodyworks Jojoba-Monoi oil followed by a cowash with Kinky Kashmere's All in One Conditioner. That was the last of it today :woot:

curlyTisME

Cowash tonight with Aura Naturals rosemary mint conditioner. My hair needs a refresh and my scalp is a bit itchy.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Did a detox with bentonite today. I just mixed it with water. Hair is already looking better. Shay Shay needed this :yep: