2015 WIG CHALLENGE

Smiley79

What is cling film?

What we call saran wrap

scarcity21

Thank you @scarcity21.
Probably. I have a full lace wig that I know I wouldn't have that problem with because the lace lays so flat, it just blends into my skin with ease, but that hair is way too silky for me to be exposing hairline. However, the seam on the silk edge is just so noticeable it's a real shame. I absolutely love everything else about this unit. I wish I'd looked closer at their cap construction because I didn't realise there wouldn't be a lace edge.
Thank you @scarcity21.
Probably. I have a full lace wig that I know I wouldn't have that problem with because the lace lays so flat, it just blends into my skin with ease, but that hair is way too silky for me to be exposing hairline. However, the seam on the silk edge is just so noticeable it's a real shame. I absolutely love everything else about this unit. I wish I'd looked closer at their cap construction because I didn't realise there wouldn't be a lace edge.
@absyblvd, how do you secure you full lace wigs without glue? Elastic band method?

GGsKin

@absyblvd, how do you secure you full lace wigs without glue? Elastic band method?

My first FL (the massive one) I started off bobby pinning it down, and using a little lash glue (for individuals as opposed to strips) on an inch or less section at my part. I then added the elastic band and stitched down the adjutable straps (making sure to keep them stretched as I went). The back is still really loose.

This new unit is a glueless cap, and fits perfectly, and I use three bobby pins- two to pin the sides down and one off-centre at the front (incase of any slipping back).

GGsKin

But how does that stay on under a wig cap? I can see a processing cap staying on underneath a wig cap due the elastic band.

You know what? It does slide back. Not all the way, but still. It was something that I thought would work better (less bulk) than the plastic carrier bag I was using on my last round of wigging, but I may just go back to the carrier bag because it was more secure, and my GHE experience was consistent.

Smiley79

You know what? It does slide back. Not all the way, but still. It was something that I thought would work better (less bulk) than the plastic carrier bag I was using on my last round of wigging, but I may just go back to the carrier bag because it was more secure, and my GHE experience was consistent.

^^That's the reason why I want to try it as well

mshoneyfly

@Sumra
It looks even better on you! when choosing a new wig, I try to remember that the pic of the model is not going to look just like the wig. They bring in stylists for the photoshoots and you know the stylist has GOT to "style" the unit their own way. How many of us know a hardheadedstylist?

The one you have looks like they may have cut it some on the ends.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): September - December 2015 (really until it gets warm next Spring)

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Leave it the heck alone ie length retention, low manipulation and time saved

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: Natural

4.Current hair length: NL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.) 8-10 flat twists (I wish I knew how to cornrow lol)

6.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: Purchased Sensationnel Wig: Chantel. It looks like my hair's big sister.

Last edited: