2015 WIG CHALLENGE

GGsKin

@scarcity21 On my first full lace (no silk), I used a little lash glue to secure the much larger unit at my parting (about 1 inch) and bobby pins. Then I sewed in an elastic band ear to ear aka 'tootsies mom' method and stitched down the straps for a slightly tighter fit.

For my two other wigs (lace front and the current) I use four bobby pins at the front.

GGsKin

Ok :look:...is it terrible that I've ordered another kinky straight wig already?:D This time it is full lace (not glueless and no silk). I am hoping not to have to have leave out, and not to put so much pressure on my hairline because of the 'bulky' edge on my current unit. 28 days and counting....

scarcity21

Do it lol. I absolutely love this hair:love:. And shedding isn't even a factor. I know I will order another one at some point too- full lace next time smh.
@AbsyBlvd why full lace over silk? where you having problems blending?
In the pic u posted was the wig installed behind the hairline?

GGsKin

@AbsyBlvd why full lace over silk? where you having problems blending?
In the pic u posted was the wig installed behind the hairline?

Yeah @scarcity21 This is a glueless cap and there is no lace edge to help blend- it's pretty restrictive. With this unit I leave out about 5mm (or less) of my hairline- the bare minimum. I've got it down now, but I'd prefer the have the option of not leaving any hair out at all- especially as I have a delicate spot at the front that was bald at the beginning of the year (it's about 3 inches now:amen:).

I could've ordered a full lace with silk top but after doing some research, the line of demarcation can still be pretty visible depending on the vendor and placement. I didn't want to have to deal with difficult blending all over again.

scarcity21

Yeah @scarcity21 This is a glueless cap and there is no lace edge to help blend- it's pretty restrictive. With this unit I leave out about 5mm (or less) of my hairline- the bare minimum. I've got it down now, but I'd prefer the have the option of not leaving any hair out at all- especially as I have a delicate spot at the front that was bald at the beginning of the year (it's about 3 inches now:amen:).

I could've ordered a full lace with silk top but after doing some research, the line of demarcation can still be pretty visible depending on the vendor and placement. I didn't want to have to deal with difficult blending all over again.

@AbsyBlvd thanks for responding, one other question. why full lace over lacefront?

EnExitStageLeft

@divachyk
I got their standard 18inch stock wig. Its a lace front and the lace is light brown (I think) and its a 120% density. I bought this last year and just let it sit around for a few months and pulled it out in the summer. I wasn't about to run around in 18 inch hair in GA summer weather, so I cut it to my shoulders. Grew tired of that and cut about 2 more inches off and now I'm rocking a 'long bob'...aka "LOB" :giggle:.

Its an amazing wig and I have another on in the standard 18 inch just in case I ever decide to take a ride down the "long hair don't care" route. Right now, I'm loving the shorter lengths.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Alright ladies I did a pink. Used adore brand again with four different pinks. Think I should have left the magenta out bc it makes it look a bit reddish if I'm not in the sun. I'm hoping it'll show the more I wash it. I used adore magenta, pink blush, pink fire, & fierce fuscha (sp?) Anyway here's a pic of before and all the afters...its not styled and I don't have on makeup so bear with me just eyeliner and lashes.
91201514479.jpg 912015144026.jpg 912015144049.jpg

Smiley79

Woohoo, it's been a while, but I'm sew a wig this weekend. I need to watch some more YT videos so I can nail the technique down. I always struggle with the top, smh.

ceecy29

I'm planning on protective styling long term with wigs. Here's my wig made using ONYC's relaxed perm hair and closure. It's 2 bundles of 14 & 16" and a 14-16" closure. I have an appointment to get my hair braided underneath with my stylist at Reniece and co., November 3rd. Until then, I will be doing it myself as best as I can because I can't cornrow well. The plan is to leave the cornrows in for 6 weeks at a time. I'm hopeful that this regimen works for me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 109

ceecy29

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):
Enitre year
2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):
Protective styling and hair retention. I quite frankly do not have the time to dedicate to my hair for weekly loose washing and styling, only for it to not turn out right or last only a few days, so this is a great option for me. I am 4b natural and I love natural, however, I have started this regimen with a straight hair wig due to having recently been in a wedding. I have some ONYC 3c-4a hair that I'm getting ready to have made into a wig as well and will rock that more with an occasional straight hair wig switch up.
3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:
Natural since 2008
4.Current hair length:
Not sure, I don't length check but if I were to guess APL.
5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)
Cornrows, likely in a beehive. As mentioned above, I will get my hair braided officially November 3rd and every 6 weeks thereafter, so whatever pattern Reniece and her stylists use.
6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

See attachments; pics in black salon cape are the most recent length from 2014.
7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:
See post above

Attachments

• IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    745.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    559 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    561 KB · Views: 90