2015 WIG CHALLENGE

Leo24Rule

I wear full and half wigs as a protective style.
I'm in the process of moving and my fiancé literally picked up 1 half-wig and braid hair (I use to make longer ponytails/fuller buns). I don't know what he was thinking for he didn't comment on it for he just stuffed it into a bag. lol. I just giggled to myself.
Mind you my fiancé has never seen me with my natural hair. Sooo...embarrassing.
He did, however, knock on the bathroom door to check on me after my long shower. He cracked the door to see if I was okay as I was combing out my freshly washed hair. My hair is long, just isn't as long as my curly wigs, but again he didn't say anything and eyes didn't bulge out lol

jennifer30

i want to join this challenge but i have a question. how do u take care of your hair under a wig without too much manipulation?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
F I N A L L Y got some cornrows yesterday.
I feel official now. lol

I have 9 going straight back with no extension hair used. She braided gently and since she knows me, was she not offended that I brought my own seamless bone combs and product.

I set my next appointment for November 30th to get them redone.
This set will only be in for 4 weeks, the next set for 6-7 weeks because my braider will be out of town.

Thinking about washing 2xs a week vs. only on Wednesdays.

Wednesdays wash | Saturday water rinse only.

alex114

I was in cornrows for about 5 weeks (from early september to mid-october) and this week I took them out and went to go straighten my hair-- but because it was raining for 2 days (and I didn't feel like messing with my wrap today) I've still been wigging it lol, except for Thursday.

I have a question-- how does everyone protect their edges from harsh lace in synthetic lace fronts, or even from rubbing against full wigs? Is there a product or a technique that you could share?

yaya24

soo sad I can't find the Outre Annie online in a 1B anywhere :(

yaya24

Thank you soooooo much! I would really appreciate that. I'll also look some more this weekend. . maybe I should get it for $30.00.. found it
@yaya24 oh wow, it's sold out? If I see it anywhere online I'll PM you.

Last edited:

yaya24

$30...Unless you need it right away, try to wait girlie. I paid $14 from wigtypes.com

OK, thanks that's what I was thinking. 30$ seemed steep as hell for some straight yaki braiding hair on a wig cap lol. Especially since I was seeing all the mentions of it being under $15.00

I don't need it right now so I'll hold off.

GGsKin

Hi Ladies,
I've been MIA waiting for my full lace wig to arrive (and over at BHM schooling up studying the archives). Well its here :clap:and I've been steady tweaking. The kinky straight hair didn't feel as soft as my other unit, but it still feels good. This unit is too small:cry3: thanks to me, and like Goldilocks, I'm hoping third time custom will be the charm:drunk: (these things really are addictive). For the forthcoming months I will try make it work lol.
Reading BHM archives gave me courage to do a bonded application so this is my second ever glued app. Spirit gum is my choice of adhesive. First time was a real mess. I'm still working on some things:blush:.

The wig is 18", kinky straight, natural colour, full lace with adjustable straps in the back. I applied last night and slept with four bantu knots. Ooh ETA: 60% density perimeter graduating to 80% throughout. Medium brown lace.

2015-10-31_14.11.13.jpg
ATTACH=full]341199[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 2015-10-31_16.17.48.jpg
    2015-10-31_16.17.48.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

alex114

Hi Ladies,
I've been MIA waiting for my full lace wig to arrive (and over at BHM schooling up studying the archives). Well its here :clap:and I've been steady tweaking. The kinky straight hair didn't feel as soft as my other unit, but it still feels good. This unit is too small:cry3: thanks to me, and like Goldilocks, I'm hoping third time custom will be the charm:drunk: (these things really are addictive). For the forthcoming months I will try make it work lol.
Reading BHM archives gave me courage to do a bonded application so this is my second ever glued app. Spirit gum is my choice of adhesive. First time was a real mess. I'm still working on some things:blush:.

The wig is 18", kinky straight, natural colour, full lace with adjustable straps in the back. I applied last night and slept with four bantu knots.View attachment 341199
Oh that's beauuuutiful @AbsyBlvd !!!!!!! I have two Brazilian lace fronts but the lace doesn't look anywhere this close to my skin tone. And the adhesive doesn't mess with your edges?

Either way, amazinggggg, I am :drool:

GGsKin

Oh that's beauuuutiful @AbsyBlvd !!!!!!! I have two Brazilian lace fronts but the lace doesn't look anywhere this close to my skin tone. And the adhesive doesn't mess with your edges?

Either way, amazinggggg, I am :drool:

Thank you @alex114 I've been tweaking my heart out lol. The lace started off a decent match but urmm...then came the knot bleaching...I've only tried this spirit gum on my head for a total of 3 days. I'll have to use it a bit more to really tell but so far no bothers. I also use scalp protector first.

I've got a silk scarf covering my hair and stocking cap underneath the wig so I really hope my edges are not hurt in the process:pray:. If it were a tad larger:pyro:I'd have no worries about it. I have some crust around my side burn area (both smdh) I need to work lol on but it's already getting better.

Last edited:

alex114

Thank you @alex114 I've been tweaking my heart out lol. The lace started off a decent match but urmm...then came the knot bleaching...I've only tried this spirit gum on my head for a total of 3 days. I'll have to use it a bit more to really tell but so far no bothers. I also use scalp protector first.

I've got a silk scarf covering my hair and stocking cap underneath the wig so I really hope my edges are not hurt in the process:pray:. If it were a tad larger:pyro:I'd have no worries about it. I have some crust around my side burn area (both smdh) I need to work lol on but it's already getting better.
I am just too scared to do the kmot bleaching and use adhesives :( so I mostly just use gel which kinda secures my wigs to my scalp lightly and use a light stocking cap under my wigs-- you're making me want to try them! Did you seal the cuticles too?

Last edited:

GGsKin

I am just too scared to do the kmot bleaching and use adhesives :( so I mostly just use gel which kinda secures my wigs to my scalp lightly and use a light stocking cap under my wigs-- you're making me want to try them! Did you seal the cuticles too?

@alex114 I bleached the knots on my first lace wig no problems (I felt quite proud for a first time lol), then I do this one and made a right mess of it:lol: . I too was scared and never really thought about bonding the front before I went off to study those BHM archives. Before that, I was bobby pinning and/ or using the elastic band (aka tootsie's mom's method). I am still a little weary and only chose spirit gum because it's used theatrically and from the threads I read, it seemed milder than other adhesives. Although I previously dabbled with a bit of eyelash glue on my part section:giggle:.

After bleaching, I sealed the knots with a light coat of matte acrylic sealer.

ForestRose

So I found outré Annie online selling in the UK. I was look for a really long time a few months ago, trying to find this particular wig because I saw twin goddess doing a tutorial with it. So after seeing a few people post about it on here and a quick search I found it. Gonna buy it buy it just in case it runs out.
So happy :wiggle::wiggle:

How long does this wig last before it starts looking a hot mess?

yaya24

Welll, you snooze you lose lol. I had 2x 1b Jannie in my cart Saturday and both were out of stock when I hit checkout. Lol.
:giveup:Annie and Jannie .. you will both be mine some day lol
Guess I'll have to stick with purchasing another expensive unit for now..

Just peeped it. Thanks for the rec. I'm buying one tonight.
Also buying Freetress Equal - Jannie | Yaki Texture **

alex114

@alex114 I bleached the knots on my first lace wig no problems (I felt quite proud for a first time lol), then I do this one and made a right mess of it:lol: . I too was scared and never really thought about bonding the front before I went off to study those BHM archives. Before that, I was bobby pinning and/ or using the elastic band (aka tootsie's mom's method). I am still a little weary and only chose spirit gum because it's used theatrically and from the threads I read, it seemed milder than other adhesives. Although I previously dabbled with a bit of eyelash glue on my part section:giggle:.

After bleaching, I sealed the knots with a light coat of matte acrylic sealer.
Ohhhh ok. Well you might have convinced me to do this on my next human unit because like I said that natural closure and part you have is :bdance::drool:

Always~Wear~Joy

yaya24

Thanks for looking out @Always~Wear~Joy !
Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to get the free shipping without spending $50 on the Beauty of NY site. The wig on there was 23.39 so I'd have to buy 3 (or 2+ other stuff I don't need) to get the free shipping.
I searched again this morning and found the 1b at SamsBeauty. They have 4.99 shipping when you spend $30.0 and the wig was 19.99. Bought 2. Total with shipping $44.97. Yay.

Have you tried a #2? It still off-black. Its availab
le here
http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shop...ep-invisible-l-part-lace-front-wig-jannie.htm

I've ordered from them and there's' free shipping right now.

GGsKin

@alex114 oh go on give it a try (not that I am trying to coerce you into being my application buddy or anyhing:look::lol:) but seriously, this isn't easy.

I got a 3 day hold with the spirit gum before the lace started lifting. I oiled my scalp and baggied last night. Today I spent close to 1 1/2hrs applying the everything. I hope I speed up with practice.