2015 WIG CHALLENGE

Always~Wear~Joy

Thanks for looking out @Always~Wear~Joy !
Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to get the free shipping without spending $50 on the Beauty of NY site. The wig on there was 23.39 so I'd have to buy 3 (or 2+ other stuff I don't need) to get the free shipping.
I searched again this morning and found the 1b at SamsBeauty. They have 4.99 shipping when you spend $30.0 and the wig was 19.99. Bought 2. Total with shipping $44.97. Yay.

Ok cool!!! I'm glad you got them. I love the wig and get so many compliments. Freetress did a great job.

Michelle1971

Question...
Does anyone not wear lace fronts, either synthetic or human hair?
What I mean is does anyone just wear half-wigs or full wigs?
I have a big head and have issues to begin with but the hard synthetic lace cuts into my scalp and I just don't want to lose any hair.
Any suggestions?

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Just ordered a cute short wig by either freetress equal or new born free. The wig is called Charlie.

Can't wait for it to come.

im gonna keep wearing my wigs until about April. I might do a big reveal for my bday

FollicleFanatic

Question...
Does anyone not wear lace fronts, either synthetic or human hair?
What I mean is does anyone just wear half-wigs or full wigs?
I have a big head and have issues to begin with but the hard synthetic lace cuts into my scalp and I just don't want to lose any hair.
Any suggestions?

Big head in the house :grin:
I don't really wear half wigs anymore but when I did I would pick a twistout textured wig so I could just flat twist the first inch or 2, and pin them down to cover where the wig starts. Very natural look and super easy to blend. I would only use the front comb and I would oil up where the comb goes so it wouldn't pull my hair.

For lacefronts I've been doing something similar, oiling up where the lace would lay and being very careful applying/removing. I cut out all of the combs and adjustable straps too since the fit is good without any tightness. Anything right or snug on my done will give me a headache. Test out the fit before cutting anything out though. Hth

Saga

The Generous Queen
So I've been sporting an Ali express human hair lace wig all year which I have since cut and dyed. After seeing the effects the lace + wig caps can have on my edges I've decided to find a curly half wig to wear so I can leave my edges out. I spent a lot of time on saturday watching YT vids to find the best one, and ended up deciding on this: https://www.hairsisters.com/product...?backToShopping=/category/Entry-Point/0?page=

I don't like the way they have the model wearing it, I plan to push it behind my hair line and set my natural hair on small grey perm rods to match the texture. I want to able to go throughout my day without being afraid of my lace wig shifting (The cap size that I chose wasn't tight enough). Plus I figure when I workout all I would have to do it put on a headband and keep it moving.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Back to the drawing board they refunded me my coins yesterday. I guess they did not have it in inventory. lol

Ok cool!!! I'm glad you got them. I love the wig and get so many compliments. Freetress did a great job.

GGsKin

It's been a little different sleeping in my wig. Not uncomfortable but it takes some getting used to because I am so used to whipping the wig off my head when I get indoors.

I tried a braid out today but when I took down the plaits in the a.m they were wet = fail lol. Thank goodness for the wig hair because it was still passable for work:gorgeous: lol.

I removed my wig tonight (with Ben Nye Bond Off) as I didn't do it over the weekend as planned:look:. It took about 20-30mins and I had my friend and good convo to distract me from rushing the job. Tonight I'm going to baggy overnight and wash the wig in the morning and reapply at some point tomorrow.

Smiley79

Alright ladies I did a pink. Used adore brand again with four different pinks. Think I should have left the magenta out bc it makes it look a bit reddish if I'm not in the sun. I'm hoping it'll show the more I wash it. I used adore magenta, pink blush, pink fire, & fierce fuscha (sp?) Anyway here's a pic of before and all the afters...its not styled and I don't have on makeup so bear with me just eyeliner and lashes.
View attachment 338693 View attachment 338695 View attachment 338697

@HairPleezeGrow Can you please explain your coloring process (step by step) for your extensions including how many bottles are needed etc. I plan to try to dye 3 bundles of straight hair and a closure this weekend so I can make a wig. Since it's Fall/Winter season I'd like to try to achieve anything similar to these deep colors

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
@HairPleezeGrow Can you please explain your coloring process (step by step) for your extensions including how many bottles are needed etc. I plan to try to dye 3 bundles of straight hair and a closure this weekend so I can make a wig. Since it's Fall/Winter season I'd like to try to achieve anything similar to these deep colors

Hey hun...sorry been busy but yes ma'am I can. You will need gloves, hair dye bowl, wisk,application brush, 30 vol developer, bleaching powder, Red out (it corrects the reds n copper tones), and a toner (Clairol makes good ones). I will leave pics below of the items I use minus the bowl, wisk n appl brush
-If you're coloring three bundles and a closure you will need to lift the hair (meaning bleach it to the desired lift you want).
-I like to use 30 volume developer the cream kind. You can use 40 vol but it will lift quicker and you really have to watch it.
-You will also need a bleach powder (this is what lifts the hair from dark to light) I like to use any of these sometimes I use them all.
- I use the scoop that comes in the container and measure out the bleach powder then put into a dye bowl. I then use the same scoop to add the developer. Use equal amounts. With three bundles and a closure you can do two to three scoops of both and wisk together. You may have to make two batches of this.
- After its mixed well add the red out (10 drops) to the mixture and wisk well. It will turn the mixture purple color. That's okay it won't turn the hair purple.
-While that sets you want to lay your first bundle down on either foil or trash bag if you have it laid out. I like to use foil bc when I'm done I just wrap it up in the foil I'm using.
-detangle to hair thoroughly with a wide toothed comb.
-starting from the bottom begin applying your mixture with the application brush. Make sure you coat every piece and keep moving across. Once you're done move up some more until you reach where you would like the color to stop towards the roots.
-comb through gently then flip the weft over and complete the other side the same exact way. Make sure it's all coated. I like to turn my brush at an angle when I get to where I want the color to stop to do strokes downward. This is so I don't have the line of demarcation straight across.
- Once all coated wrap it up in the foil and let it process. Start the next bundle and so forth.
-with the closure its easier if you lay it flat and have the hair spread out into about three sections so your roots are all even when you apply to however high up you go on there.
-keep checking your bundles as they're processing to see if they've lifted to the blonde color you desire so you can add your color to the bundles later.
-once they have lifted to your desired blonde shade rinse out all the bleach. After that use a neutralizing shampoo and wash the bundles thoroughly. Make sure you get all the bleach out.
-then wash and shampoo with (Clairol shimmer lights shampoo & conditioner)
-DC with whatever conditioner you like to use and then let it air dry. Once dry you can add your dye color you got. If you're doing box dye probably three boxes just to be on safe side. You want to make sure you have enough. I'd even get four and return what you don't use. Let that process on the hair per box instructions or like 45 minutes then rinse and don't wash. Only condition after this. Let air dry and style as desired. I know it's a lot and I'm sorry I hope you can understand me. Here's the products I use to bleach (to add color I use adore colors that I order on eBay.I usually use four bottles of adore and that's with four bundles n a closure)
I like to use the Wella developer, the Basic white, kielodocolors (sp?), and the red out.
43201513232.jpg 432015132251.jpg 432015132239.jpg 432015132228.jpg 432015132216.jpg 43201513223.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Wow Thank you so much for thedetailed breakdown and for the compliment @HairPleezeGrow. Now I see why salons charge what they do for color services. Lol. I will go over the steps and items I need.
Girl make YouTube your bff lol you can learn a lot by watching videos especially if you're a visual learner. YouTube it so you can get an idea.

Queensheba88

20151109_100444~2.jpg Soooo..i've been needing a long straight wig for my stash and since i am resourceful and had some time on my hands i got the bright idea to relax /perm one of my kinky curly wigs. I realized i just love straighter styles more and my wig turned out perfect!! Like a fine light yaki. I applied the relaxer for 20 mins or so then neutralized air dryed and flatironed. Im excited to wear it because its beautiful. Natural density so i can wear it everyday just need to cut a few long layers through out.

Attachments

• 20151109_100512-1.jpg
    20151109_100512-1.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20151112_173501-1.jpg
    20151112_173501-1.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20151112_203134.jpg
    20151112_203134.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67

Smiley79

View attachment 342273 Soooo..i've been needing a long straight wig for my stash and since i am resourceful and had some time on my hands i got the bright idea to relax /perm one of my kinky curly wigs. I realized i just love straighter styles more and my wig turned out perfect!! Like a fine light yaki. I applied the relaxer for 20 mins or so then neutralized air dryed and flatironed. Im excited to wear it because its beautiful. Natural density so i can wear it everyday just need to cut a few long layers through out.

Oooh Wow. Thats a brilliant idea. It turned out really nice and Bone straight. And You saved yourself money by not having to buy a new wig.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
View attachment 342273 Soooo..i've been needing a long straight wig for my stash and since i am resourceful and had some time on my hands i got the bright idea to relax /perm one of my kinky curly wigs. I realized i just love straighter styles more and my wig turned out perfect!! Like a fine light yaki. I applied the relaxer for 20 mins or so then neutralized air dryed and flatironed. Im excited to wear it because its beautiful. Natural density so i can wear it everyday just need to cut a few long layers through out.
Oh wow just beautiful

Belle Du Jour

Any recommendations for a vendor that sells silk top wigs? I'm LOVING my Italian yaki unit from ALW, but it has more shedding than I would like. I've been wearing it daily for 2 months and it has lost some volume. Appreciate any recommendations, thanks!

Last edited: