2016 Challenge - Cowash, Cocleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

faithVA

Cowashed with TVO Apple Cowash, used Hibiscus Curl Leave-in and twisted with the Twist Defining Cream.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Poo Treatment
Naturelle Grow's Coconut & Banana Pre-Poo Rx

Cleansing with
:
Honey Handmades Buttermilk & Spiked Rum Cleansing Conditioner.

Final Rinse-Out:
Curl Junkie's Curl Therapy Conditioner *discontinued*

Last edited:

trclemons

Today was CoWash Saturday for me.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz and Hairitage Butter on my ends.
  • This morning, I applied a mixture of Curly Kinks DC, HydroQuench Honey Pineapple Hibiscus DC & Brahmi Powder and went under my heat cap for an hour.
  • Cleansed my scalp with CC Natural's Scalp Scrub and CW'd my length with Honey Handmade's Knot Going Bananas, used Garnier Triple Nutrition as a reconstructor & rinsed out 80% of the V05 Strawberry & Cream.
  • LCOB'd with L = Aphogee Curlific, C = Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Orofluido on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges & B = Hairitage Horsetail Butter on scalp & Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.
My hair is so spoiled.

trclemons

Tonight, I put Avon's Advance Techniques on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd, and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'd like to join.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: 2-3 inches from waist
3) Ultimate hair length: Tailbone
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Overall health and length
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Weekly clay wash followed by a cowash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Aztec Secrets Bentonite Clay mixed with hot water, acv and olive oil, Suave Naturals coconut conditioner to cowash.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Biweekly protein treatments with Aphogee 2 step and weekly deep conditioning with 1 of 3 SM masques
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once every 8 weeks
10) List shampoo: Redken Cleanising Creme

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Poo'ed with: Naturelle Grow's Coconut & Banana Pre-Poo Treatment
Cleansed with: DevaCurl No Poo & a little Hydroquench Systems Chocolate Cleansing Conditoner

faithVA

fI'm getting ready to cowash with TVO Apple Cowash. I'm going to try applying my color after it to see if it works. If not then I will have to try again next week where I will have to shampoo and then color and skip the cowash. Fingers crossed.

trclemons

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Elucence Balance Conditioner.

I LCOB'd with L = Alikay Lemongrass, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, O = Keravada Super Gro on scalp & Kreyol Essence Chocolate HBCO on edges, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on length & KJ Natural's Milk & Honey on ends.

trclemons

Today was CW Friday:
  • Pre-poo'd under my wig at work with AVJ spritz & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.
  • When I got home, I added Aubrey Organics GPB & HSR mix on ends and AO White Camellia on scalp & length for an hour under a heat cap.
  • Used CC's Naturals Scalp Scrub, CW'd with HH Totally Twisted, Joico K-pak Reconstructor & rinsed out 80% of the Elucence Balancing Conditioner.
  • LOCB'd with L = Annabelle's Honeydew LI, O = Keravada Super Gro, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock, B = Marie Dean Coconut Cream on length & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.

faithVA

Have been alternating between cowashing and water rinsing when I feel like doing either.

Last night I cowashed with NG Deep Conditioner.

trclemons

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin & HE Hello Hydration Conditioners.

I will let my hair air dry for a couple more hours and LOCB'd with L = Carol's Daughter Monoi, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Kreyol Essence Orange HBCO on edges, C = Carefree Curls Gold, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Poo with: Honey Handmades 'Knot Going Bananas'
Cleanse with: Hydroquench Systems Brazilian Chocolate Cleansing Conditioner