2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay using cassia last week wasn't too messy. But the hibiscus today was a mess especially while I was trying to get the consistency right. It looked like a blood bath for a minute. Good thing is it doesn't stain and it cleaned right up. Getting my game plan together for when I use it again in two weeks.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay using cassia last week wasn't too messy. But the hibiscus today was a mess especially while I was trying to get the consistency right. It looked like a blood bath for a minute. Good thing is it doesn't stain and it cleaned right up. Getting my game plan together for when I use it again in two weeks.
The hibiscus turned out to be a gritty mess. I've already found a new supplier. My hair looks and feels great.

imaginary

Finally got to re-up on avj :clap:. It's the same lily of the dessert but the 5 times stronger from concentrate version. As soon as I got home I made my silk avj mix by just eyeballing the powder to juice in a spray bottle and then adding some lavender essential oil after.

Sprayed my hair down after taking it out of the bun and my hair instantly felt better than it had over the past few days when I've just been moisturising with leave-ins and oils. Added some jojoba oil and giovanni direct leave-in after that.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Someone mentioned adding cayenne to their clay mix, so I will be trying this today hoping to get some scalp stimulation.
This actually worked out well. I felt tingling as I massaged the clay into my scalp, and it washed off w/o any lingering tingling. At no time did I feel a burning sensation.

If you try this, please start w/a small amount. I used a 22 oz squeeze bottle and added less than a tablespoon of cayenne pepper. I will not deviate from this. Don't want my scalp on fire!

Wenbev

hello! been a good long while since I've posted. I kinda stopped as I was no longer tea rinsing. But, started using up my stash of tea by drinking it and figured I should mention the tea spray I've been using daily for the past month on my hair. Nettle, marshmallow, horsetail and lavender teas with rosemary EO, aloe vera gel with a half tsp acv just so the mix doesn't go bad since I keep it at room temp.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ mix.
  • DC'd with a mix of ORS, Texture My Way & Fenugreek powder under a heat cap for a little over an hour.
  • CW'd & did an ACV rinse .

imaginary

did a pre-cleanse with vatika coconut oil, then clay washed with bentonite, activated charcoal (may have used too much of this, forgot how concentrated it is), acv, honey, peppermint and neem oil. Hair felt soft enough afterwards that i didn't follow up with a DC. Also sprayed the front of my hair with my silk lav avj to rewet it for the curlformers.

Moih Aunaturel

My scalp started to itch last night. Being not at home the only thing I had here was avg. I tried for the first time to kinda avg wash/rinse :
wetting hair
apply it on the scalp
then into each (5) sections of my hair
I let it sit 10 minutes (bantu knots) before rinsing and lightly fingerdetangled.
Hair is soft, scalp doesn't itch give me time since I still haven't manage to make some 'vedic treatment.
I liked the result (made some research) and thought to do this once a week or bi-weekly. I almost decided to boro...take... ok steal the bottle from my brother (he use it on his teenage face) but finally I ordered the gel.

imaginary

did an overnight treatment with SM purification masque, then sprayed silk avj to rewet my hair as i was setting. I also greased my scalp with my horsetail oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.