2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
@HappyAtLast - this is so needed, as when i start to work out, i feel so hungry, but I need to remember to hydrate more and have protein, even just a shake, which really helps and keeps me full and acts as dinner if after an evening workout so bonus.

Plus after I had my gym induction and the guy made us do 5/7 mins on the treadmill / elliptical and bike, when we got to the bike he was like 'See 5 mins is only 15/20 calories, if you did an hour that would only be 240 cals max, do you think that you have burned off a kebab (he's Turkish) NO'. That has stuck with me since as well, as there are so many calories in 'treats' but we're trying to 'treat yo' self daily'

Anywhoo onwards and downwards (body in inches and hair in length)
Great points! We think just because we walked 30 minutes we can "afford" a stop by Dunkin Donuts. Not!

trclemons

Well, until I can fully commit to hitting the gym again at least 3 days a week, I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge and the 28 day plank challenge. For seconds a day I can reap some benefits. I threw out half a slab of bacon today. Slow, slow changes. It's evident any weight loss I achieve has to come from a complete lifestyle/diet change. An overhaul.

Where are squat & plank challenges?

AlexandriaKiera

I would love to join. I need the accountabiliy.

Sw: 144.8 lbs (size 6)
Goal weight: 110 or size 0-2
Height: 5'2"

Current hair length: 13" full apl grazing bsl

Hair Goal: 16" grazing mbl

Starting body pic

Goal

Last edited:

Aggie

Workout 2 of 3 complete. I involved the whole family. I did leg lifts with each of my babies as my weights. Then I bench pressed my daughter and did push ups with my son on my back. They thought it was so much fun and it was actually a challenging workout. My 2 year old is 30 lbs and the other 3 are around 50lbs. I'm going to be sore tomorrow lol
that does sound like it might have been hard but I'm sure it was still a lot of fun for you too. Nothing beats quality time spent with the kids:smile:

faithVA

I mapped out my wash days for the rest of the year. I'm going to try to rotate between flat twist and 2 strands and leave them in for two weeks at a time.. I will try it for the month of July and see how it works.

I have my food regimen so this will be my hair regimen. I will work on an exercise use regimen during July.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I showed my physical therapist my weights workout plan I was doing before my accident and asked what I can still do until I fully recover. She marked out everything except squats and calf raises. :cry3: She even said no ab work!
So I'm doing squats, calf raises, step ups, and walking only.

Well, at least I should have some defined legs by the time therapy is complete!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I didn't feel like cooking dinner since dh is at work all day and my oldest 2 kids are out of town. I took the babies to Chili's
:badidea: I regretted it almost instantly. Now I'm too stuffed to do anything (it was supposed to be wash day). I did manage to cowash dd's hair with Curl Ideal. If I feel better in an hour I'll start on my hair.

Ajna

This is a well-needed challenge, between school, my current contract gigs and starting a new business I am doing a lot of sitting on my butt.

Hair Goals
Current Length: 11.5 inches
2016 Goal Length: 15 inches
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
How you will achieve goal: Braids and wash and go's for the rest of summer, in the fall mainly buns and no more trimming until January. Getting back to my staple product list - no more trying new stuff until I have to

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 158
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: I want to drop to about 140 and build up to about 145 in muscle mass
How you will achieve goal: Weight lifting (2 times a week), ab work out weekly and hot yoga (3 times a week) as for my diet my goal is to eat more curently I eat twice a day by goal is to kick it up to four and eating a 40/40/20 diet with no refined carbs

AlexandriaKiera

@AlexandriaKiera,

Oh you need to be very careful trying to get this small. Watch your nutrition because if it is lacking in any area, your hair might suffer as well.

She looks healthily thin so i dont think that this will be an issue. I was previouslu 125 before i gained weight on vacation and in school so my goal is only 10 lbs from what I was previously.

Aggie

Okay tonight I did a 5 minute massage and inversion session but no oil was used. I was too lazy to apply the oil tonight.

Aggie

She looks healthily thin so i dont think that this will be an issue. I was previouslu 125 before i gained weight on vacation and in school so my goal is only 10 lbs from what I was previously.

You know we care about hair in this joint, so I was really concerned about your hair. We also know if our hair is suffering, some other stuff may be going on inside our bodies as well and we don't want that.That is counter-productive!

We gat your back sista!

AlexandriaKiera

You know we care about hair in this joint, so I was really concerned about your hair. We also know if our hair is suffering, some other stuff may be going on inside our bodies as well and we don't want that.That is counter-productive!

We gat your back sista!
Lmao i dont know why this literally made me laugh out loud hahahaha thanks love

Aggie

Prepooed this morning with black cumin seed oil and aloe vera juice
Shampooed with Redken Cleansing shampoo followed with Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating shampoo
Oil rinsed with a mixture of aloe vera juice and evoo
Deep conditioned with Macadamia natural Oil Nourishing Conditioner
Redken Anti Snap Leave in
Moisturized
with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel and sealed with my own mix of ceramide oil and butter combo.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I would love this accountability . I haven't worked out in over a week :mad: Then I took these beginning pics like loooord everything goes into prospective when its on paper . I need more help than I thought (half don't wanna post it but yolo)

Hair Goals
Current Length: Full APL
2016 Goal Length: Full MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
How you will achieve goal: protective styling, caring for hair under protective style, water, greens, and patience

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 156 5'7'' Arms: 12 Bust:35 Waist: 29 Stomach: 32 Butt: 41
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 140 Arms: 10 Bust: 35 Waist: 26 Stomach: 28 Butt: 41 (tryna keep all my little curves)
How you will achieve goal: Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs: had this for years fun and I see results & Shaun T's Cise: been waiting for this at the do :confused:

20160624_220239.jpg 20160625_205838.jpg

Fab79

Hey Ladies, are we all ready to begin in T minus 2 days -

@Aggie @Prettymetty @HappyAtLast @Nightingale @mzteaze @demlew @KinksAndInk @alex114 @k_enitan @W04andia @APrayer4Hair @trclemons @charmtreese @silenttullip @apple_natural @IronButterfly @destinyseeker @ClassyJSP @Royalty8790 @blackgurll @sharifeh @faithVA @Mane Event @Shiks @THicknLong @AlexandriaKiera @myfaithrising @Ajna @morgandenae

You might not be able to hit the ground running on the 1st but hitting the ground is a start (lol)
May you achieve your goals or be closer to them when December 31st arrives

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
My Cize came in today and I'm excited beyond belief .

I'm getting this thang started NOW. There are 8 routines and I'll work on 1 each week (Mon-Wed-Fri) . Excited to see my results after these two months :toocool::toocool:
Off to sweat :strong: