2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

Ok, so here are my starting weight pics, I just took my hair out of crochet braids and it's in a prepoo so I'll post a picture of that later after its washed and dried.

I'm currently 175 lbs at 5'3 which is far too heavy. I'm supposed to be somewhere in the 135 range but going to target 150 because I've been comfortable there in the past. I work out 3 to 4 times a week so now I'm going to focus on consistently eatting better and drinking more water

My hair has not been doing good because I've been ignoring her. I let her get dry which leads to breakage city. I'm going to wash and deep condition weekly and refresh every other day until I get the moisture balance together

Attachments

• 20160618_193802.jpg
    20160618_193802.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
Hi All,

I do hope its not to late to join this challenge, here are my starting goals.

Hair goals
Current length: WL - 23 inches
Goal length: HL - 25-26 inches
Hair texture: Natural
How will you achieve goal:
Protective styling, two strand twists or braids done weekly
Co-washing and oil rinses weekly
Shampoo, deep conditioning, applying black seed oil to massage scalp all done monthly

Weight/Fitness goals
Current weight: 175 lbs, 12 stones
Breast measurement: 36 inches
Waist measurement: 32 inches
Hip measurement: 40 inches
Height: 5ft 7inchs
UK size: 14-16

Goal Weight: 150 lbs, 10.5 stones
Beast measurement: 34 inches
Waist measurement: 28-30 inches
Hip measurement: 36-38 inches
UK size 10-12

How will achieve goal: 2:5 diet plan - intermittent fasting (mon and wed only 500 calories a day the other days normal eating plan, drinking acv with lemon, honey and cayenne pepper after each meal)
1L of filtered water daily
Walking 5 days a week (mon-fri only) for around 15-20 minutes a day
1-2 sessions of Yoga a week
Body brushing x 5 (mon-fri only)
Swimming and steam/sauna once a week

I know this challenge is from July 2016 until December 2016, but I am looking to go on into 2017

Thanks

Patriciabp xxx

lips.jpg

What is the recipe for the ACV drink?

I want to join.

Hair Goals
Current Length: 1 inch from WL
2016 Goal Length: Healthy WL possibly HL?
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Colored Natural
How you will achieve goal: PS with sew-ins or wigs for 2mths at a time. Moisturize hair while in PS. 1 month off in between each PS and wear wet buns/wngs. Take vitamins. Weekly DC's when not in sew ins.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 5'4" 130 lbs.
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: I don't have a specific weight goal. I just want to make an effort to live a healthier lifestyle, lose a few inches off my waist, and cut down on sugar.
How you will achieve goal: Daily walks. Exercise with weights 3x per week. Drink more water. No eating after 7pm. Substitute sweets for fruits and granola.

Hi trclemons

Just started taking acv drink yesterday, will let you know how this goes with the weight loss.

The recipe for acv drink is the following ingredients a tablespoon of acv (the acv with the Mothers on the label only). I squeeze one fresh lemon, teaspoon of honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a cup of warm/hot water first thing in the morning, I have also been taking a tablespoon of black seed oil a day (not the greatness tasting thing) but I have noticed a difference in the thickness of my half and the new growth coming in, been taking the oil for about 5/6 weeks now, will continue see how progress goes with this.

I have also found black seed oil excellent for headaches, which I was getting a lot, but since I have taken the oil I have only had 2 headaches in the last 5 weeks

Hope this information proves helpful

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok. I have backslid already! Due to a 3 day conference and early, early hours, I was just too tired to continue with my daily challenges. I haven't done anything since Sunday (I think) and forget about the diet! Oy vay. So, I'm going to start up again on Tuesday July 5th with an actual schedule. Still working on excising this sugar demon. Oy!

I'm visiting home next week (new orleans) and I KNOW I'm gonna eat like a pig. My mama named all the stuff she's cooking...I'll be coming back with an additional 10 lbs for sure smh

You can eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Believe it and you shall see it. Do not summons weight gain into your life if weightloss is your goal.

Day 2 - I forgot it was going to be a busy day with wedding dress shopping with my bestie, her dress, it was a really nice day but we ate out and drank but I did not go too overboard but still - i got in 7865 steps yesterday so must do better today

Day 3 - I had granola for breakfast and I'm not going to eat anything but 2 peaches and water, as it's my niece's bday today and we are going out to an international buffet, I love their naan bread they do (its like a rainbow) so I will have 2 pieces and work out some other healthier choices, they do have seafood and the teriyaki bar, so it should be okay.

I'm working on a shopping list, more based around meals so I can meal prep for the week

Ive been doing great with avoiding heat. Ive been twisting my hair for the week then styling the twists. My goal is to use no heat at all during this challenge.

Ive slacked on my diet and ive actually gained weight. Imnow 147.6lbs and im hitting reset today by fasting for 1 day.

Im going to make a lifestyle change by going back to what originally worked for me. Counting calories, meal planning and now since i have so much weight to lose, intermittent fasting.

I had 2 parties yesterday and then a late night after party. I made a full plate at the 1st party, but only ate half (finished the rest for breakfast). At the 2nd party I did not eat anything, just drank water. At the after party I had 2 slices of pizza and 2 glasses of wine. It took some effort, and I went over my 1700 daily calories, but I made conscious food choices all day.

For hair, I'm still really enjoying the braids and the ease that come with them. Not having to worry about my hair every day is a relief.

Hi trclemons

Q. Do you take it right before the meal or 30 minutes to an hour before?

A. I will take it right before a meal, but sometimes I may wait 5-10 minutes before eating, keep in mind I have only just starting doing this, will see how it works after the first month.

Thanks

I wanted to start my exercise routine so badly this morning. I even woke in ample time to exercise before heading out to church but felt so sick, almost nauseous for some reason, so I passed on the exercise. Exercising while nauseous only worsens your condition.

Besides we had communion at church today and I know that I usually feel better after taking communion, I have no idea why but it does work that way for me. I did not want to miss that and now I feel wonderful again. Works everytime.

Tomorrow it's on with the exercise. I want to balance weight training with cardio and HIIT. I have quite a bit of DVD workouts I can choose from then I'll hit the gym once I plateau at home.

Hi trclemons

Q. Do you take it right before the meal or 30 minutes to an hour before?

A. I will take it right before a meal, but sometimes I may wait 5-10 minutes before eating, keep in mind I have only just starting doing this, will see how it works after the first month.

Thanks
Thanks.

BTW: Look what I found at Publix today. If I like them, I will get bigger bottles.

Attachments

• Vinegar Drinks.jpg
    Vinegar Drinks.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
I wanted to start my exercise routine so badly this morning. I even woke in ample time to exercise before heading out to church but felt so sick, almost nauseous for some reason, so I passed on the exercise. Exercising while nauseous only worsens your condition.

Besides we had communion at church today and I know that I usually feel better after taking communion, I have no idea why but it does work that way for me. I did not want to miss that and now I feel wonderful again. Works everytime.

Tomorrow it's on with the exercise. I want to balance weight training with cardio and HIIT. I have quite a bit of DVD workouts I can choose from then I'll hit the gym once I plateau at home.
The bold is what I aim for also. My plan is:

MWF - at gym do weights/weight bearing exercises plus cardio HIIT in the form of intervals on the treadmill (currently 10 rounds of alternating 1'40" at 3.3 mph & incline 2.5 with 1 minute at 2.5 mph & 1 incline) does that make sense?! LOL. Eventually progressing up to 30 rounds.

TTh - at home do variations of step-ups and high knees for 1 minute on/30 seconds off for 10 rounds, again, eventually progressing up to 30 rounds. Butt lifting/sculpting exercises.

Last edited:
I want some protein powder and some super greens powder. Anybody use either and can make recommendations?

I'm currently using protein world slender blend, only when i work out so haven't used in 2 weeks :look: but it has 20g of protein per serving and I have the chocolate one with water only and I think its nice

I used to use Spirulina for my greens powder but it used to be 'claggy' to me, it would feel heavy on my tongue, felt like if left a residue behind, but I haven't used for ages and just make green smoothies with spinach or kale etc

Day 4 - was okay, I'm up doing uni work, this is not good, I noticed that I need to work on upping my water intake again, as I did not get near drinking 2ltrs

Thanks for the recommendations. I was using chlorella for adrenal overload, but I stopped when it leveled off. I'm hoping to find a good blend with chlorella and spirulina plus other goodies. I'm also going to be buying whole food vitamins instead of my usual Women's One-A-Day. The brand I'm considering is MegaFood One Daily.

Oh, btw, get back to working out! :spank:

;)
I'm currently using protein world slender blend, only when i work out so haven't used in 2 weeks :look: but it has 20g of protein per serving and I have the chocolate one with water only and I think its nice

I used to use Spirulina for my greens powder but it used to be 'claggy' to me, it would feel heavy on my tongue, felt like if left a residue behind, but I haven't used for ages and just make green smoothies with spinach or kale etc

Day 4 - was okay, I'm up doing uni work, this is not good, I noticed that I need to work on upping my water intake again, as I did not get near drinking 2ltrs

Today I start out with a 10 min workout. Nothing major. However, I intend on doing this at least 5X's a week. It's not much but it gets me going and motivated to do more.

I realized many years ago I don't have a "weight" problem. I have a fear of success issue which has manifested into becoming and staying over weight ( the resulting symptom). Today after a heartfelt discussion I choose me!!! I have chosen to live my life the way I want it, with no fears. Because I am choosing to fix the core issue I no longer have to focus on my weight. For those who are struggling with losing weight I suggest you tap in on the real problems surrounding your weight. Those problems are buried in unwanted pounds and its in your cells. I say choose to release it today. Cry your tears but please choose you. Choose to let go of the pain and hurt and start living the life you so desperately desire. When I lost 60 pounds and kept it off for seven years it was because I chose me and released all of the emotional baggage. And then I shifted and buried myself again and gained half of my weight back five years ago. Today, no more. No more!

Hair Goals
Current Length: 2 inches from APL ( just trimmed)
2016 Goal Length: Healthy, thick and full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed; touch ups 4 times a year (approx. every 12 weeks)
How you will achieve goal: Low manipulation twists and buns. Consistent Moisturizing and sealing hair, weekly pre-poos and deep conditioners and scalp massages.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 5'2" 211 lbs.
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 160lbs.
How you will achieve goal: Daily Cize workout, walks. Exercise with weights 3x per week. :strong:
Drink at least 128 ounces a day. No eating after 8pm, eating out no
more than 1 X per week, reduce sugar and unhealthy carbs consumption.

Consistency with Vitamins and healthy teas

I started off this challenge so well, but I knew it would be a rough weekend.

Friday -I did a 25min elliptical workout and some leg machines

Saturday -As a birthday present to myself, (a promise to get out of my comfort zone)...I ran my first 5k!!!! :bouncy:Definitely was proud of myself and have been working up to it for about 2months. But boy oh boy did it go downhill after the race. Saturday afternoon cookout at the park...Saturday night out with my sisters and my bestie

Sunday- out with my sisters and my bestie again (you know you kind of have to do a whole weekend celebration when its a milestone bday)

Monday- It was an effort to do everything so the gym was not happening.

Today- I made it back to the gym for a 2mile run.

*I have been able to keep my goal of a gallon of water a day since 7/1

Today I start out with a 10 min workout. Nothing major. However, I intend on doing this at least 5X's a week. It's not much but it gets me going and motivated to do more.

I realized many years ago I don't have a "weight" problem. I have a fear of success issue which has manifested into becoming and staying over weight ( the resulting symptom). Today after a heartfelt discussion I choose me!!! I have chosen to live my life the way I want it, with no fears. Because I am choosing to fix the core issue I no longer have to focus on my weight. For those who are struggling with losing weight I suggest you tap in on the real problems surrounding your weight. Those problems are buried in unwanted pounds and its in your cells. I say choose to release it today. Cry your tears but please choose you. Choose to let go of the pain and hurt and start living the life you so desperately desire. When I lost 60 pounds and kept it off for seven years it was because I chose me and released all of the emotional baggage. And then I shifted and buried myself again and gained half of my weight back five years ago. Today, no more. No more!
Excellent post! I can relate to your feaf of success. Mine was in the career area, but after a lot of hard work, planning, and prayer, I overcame that fear and put me first - ahead of my kids and husband for the first time ever - and am now excelling in college.

Congrats to you! :clap: Keep us posted!

Congrats on the 5k! Don't beat yourself up - we all had fun this weekend! :dance7:
I started off this challenge so well, but I knew it would be a rough weekend.

Friday -I did a 25min elliptical workout and some leg machines

Saturday -As a birthday present to myself, (a promise to get out of my comfort zone)...I ran my first 5k!!!! :bouncy:Definitely was proud of myself and have been working up to it for about 2months. But boy oh boy did it go downhill after the race. Saturday afternoon cookout at the park...Saturday night out with my sisters and my bestie

Sunday- out with my sisters and my bestie again (you know you kind of have to do a whole weekend celebration when its a milestone bday)

Monday- It was an effort to do everything so the gym was not happening.

Today- I made it back to the gym for a 2mile run.

*I have been able to keep my goal of a gallon of water a day since 7/1

Back