2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

I should really join this challenge. I went to a party over the weekend and was one of the few wearing a VERY forgiving dress because GUT!

Hair Goals
Current Length: MBL
2016 Goal Length: WL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural (color treated)
How you will achieve goal: Stay on top of supplements, moisturize, PS

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 167 lbs, 5'2"
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 140ish. If I could just get rid of this gut I'd be happy, no matter the weight. I'll come back to edit with my waist size.
How you will achieve goal: Get on my treadmill 5x week (HIIT), when the kids leave for the summer I'll do a Jillian Michaels DVD in the evening (basically 2 a days mid July-mid August), low carb diet

I reached a milestone today. My jeans have been sliding the past week, and I finally got tired of it and decided I needed a belt. I put on my belt that I couldn't buckle at all for over a year, and I was able to fasten it 2 holes down! :yay:
:clap: That's fabulous. Sounds like you may have to wardrobe shop in your closet and pull out some old favorites.

Hi All! I'd like to join the challenge. I've been meaning to join one of these challenges for such a long time but I never do.

Hair Goals
Current Length: bra strap in the back/armpit on the sides/ collarbone in the front
2016 Goal Length: mid back on the sides and back
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
How you will achieve goal: wash 2xs per week
minimal products
low manipulation (wash and go)
daily vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 142
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 110 and tighten up
How you will achieve goal: intermittent fasting
lower carb intake
exercise at least 4xs per week
keep up with water intake

SO LADIES....

It's about to be on a popping (in T-12 hours for me, I'm in the UK and its nearly 7pm).

I know the beginning few weeks will be a hard transition but this challenge is so timely and needed.
My sleeping will be erratic for the next 2 weeks, deadlines, but I will definitely try to keep my eating as close to good as I can, I will use MFP and work on staying on calories for this month to get into a routine, after the 2 weeks things will get back to normal with sleep and that will help eating. I will probably do dvds at home for convenience during this time and then start back at the gym week of 18th July

I also aim to post here daily for accountability and to keep this on the first page (hopefully)

I'm so IN! I've been looking for a challenge that alloes me to take it slow and make permanent changes. Six months is enough time to lose my weight!

Hair Goals
Current Length: Shoulder length
2016 Goal Length: I wish to have full bouncy, healthy shoulder length/armpit hair
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed:my hair is relaxed
How you will achieve goal: low manipulation. Wash and deep condition hair weekly air dry or wash and roller set. Protective hairystyle: part in the middle pulled back. Hair extensions and seneglease twist.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 199 lbs 36-33-47
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 175 lbs 32-28-42 I am 5'9, 175lbs on me looks like 155lbs
How you will achieve goal: law of attraction and prayer. image.jpeg

Last edited:
I am in
Hair Goals
Current Length: mbl
2016 Goal Length: wl thick healthy ends
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
How you will achieve goal: protective styling, deep conditioning, protein tmts and moisturizing every other day.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight:145
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: lose fat and gain some muscles
How you will achieve goal: Exercise at least 5 days a week. Eat more vegetables and fewer carbs.

So gonna start with the biggest bang I can. Been sidelined all month with a wonky knee.

But next week I will start a month long unlimited spinning schedule, hot yoga and trying to get 10,000 steps at least 5-6 days a week.

Hair Goals
Current Length: Brushing APL
2016 Goal Length: BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
How you will achieve goal: Topical growth aids, scalp massages, deep conditioning weekly, M&S and protective styling

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 199
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 180
How you will achieve goal: Various workout videos, increase water intake, eat more than once or twice a day and reduce sugar intake

Count me in!

Hair Goals
Current Length: APL
2016 Goal Length: BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
How you will achieve goal: dusting every month

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 170lbs
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: Going to try to lose 20 by the end of year so 150lbs
How you will achieve goal: eating smaller portions and counting calories. Working out at least five days week.

I am gonna confess, what with GMAT prep and getting ready to start law school I have not been on track exercise-wise. I really need to get motivated. Okay, I said it here folks. I AM GOING TO DO YOGA TONIGHT. For at least 30 minutes. I'm gonna check in tomorrow, and if I didn't do it, yall have permission to :hammer::slap::spank:

I just need to get back into the groove. I'll talk to my husband about sparring too. Hopefully staying accountable to you guys will put me back on the straight and narrow. :supergrin:

I am so motivated by my weight this morning. I've been weighing myself about every 2 weeks, and this morning I was hoping it would show 217, but it showed 215.4! No wonder my jeans were sliding down! I'm so psyched! I weighed myself 3 times to make sure it wasn't a fluke!
:dance7:

I've been tracking my weight since 5/11/16.
May 11 - 225.2 (day I joined the gym)
May 27 - 220.8
June 4 - car accident
June 17 - 218.2
Today July 1 - 215.4

My exercise has been paltry since my car accident, so I knew I had to be more diligent about my calories. I'm on an 18 day streak on MyFitnessPal and I've lost a total of 5.6 lbs in those 18 days. Calories matter! I'm really understanding now CICO (calories in/calories out).

@HappyAtLast Congrats! :congrats:I've been trying to be more diligent about my intake of sugar and fatty foods, and I've been taking vitamins regularly. I think I need to follow your lead and get a gym membership so I can do classes. I'm just trying to figure out what's most convenient right now, since I'll be moving back to Manhattan for school soon.
Also, I hope you're okay after your accident!:bighug:

@HappyAtLast Congrats! :congrats:I've been trying to be more diligent about my intake of sugar and fatty foods, and I've been taking vitamins regularly. I think I need to follow your lead and get a gym membership so I can do classes. I'm just trying to figure out what's most convenient right now, since I'll be moving back to Manhattan for school soon.
Also, I hope you're okay after your accident!:bighug:
Thank you! You have a heavy load coming with law school - sounds like you're heading for Triple Threat status with your goals - Brains, Beauty, Brawn! YesYes!

Day 1 is nearly complete, I got in over 11k steps today, eating not so great but I've made my shopping list for tomorrow

Hope you all got off to a great start

I'm going to get an earlier night than yesterday sleep for me makes a big difference

Stats
SW 221.8. It's tom so hoping some of its retention

My neighbor is a trainer with Camp Gladiator and she convinced me to drop in on one of her bootcamps this weekend. If I decide to sign up, she's offered to knock on my door if I miss a class. Wonderful... :swearing:. I feel like God is not giving me any excuse to give up this time around.

In other news, I've put together a few healthy recipes and meal ideas and will grocery shop tomorrow. I need to clean out my pantry of the junk today, so I don't have anything tempting me in the house.

Hi All,

I do hope its not to late to join this challenge, here are my starting goals.

Hair goals
Current length: WL - 23 inches
Goal length: HL - 25-26 inches
Hair texture: Natural
How will you achieve goal:
Protective styling, two strand twists or braids done weekly
Co-washing and oil rinses weekly
Shampoo, deep conditioning, applying black seed oil to massage scalp all done monthly

Weight/Fitness goals
Current weight: 76.20 kg, 12 stones
Breast measurement: 36 inches
Waist measurement: 32 inches
Hip measurement: 40 inches
Height: 5ft 7inchs
UK size: 14-16

Goal Weight: 66.67 kg, 10.5 stones
Beast measurement: 34 inches
Waist measurement: 28-30 inches
Hip measurement: 36-38 inches
UK size 10-12

How will achieve goal: 2:5 diet plan - intermittent fasting (mon and wed only 500 calories a day the other days normal eating plan, drinking acv with lemon, honey and cayenne pepper after each meal)
1L of filtered water daily
Walking 5 days a week (mon-fri only) for around 15-20 minutes a day
1-2 sessions of Yoga a week
Body brushing x 5 (mon-fri only)
Swimming and steam/sauna once a week

I know this challenge is from July 2016 until December 2016, but I am looking to go on into 2017

Thanks

Last edited:
Just finished my 3/3 routine this week and I'm done with my first dance routine. I swear I love love love Shaun T's Cize. Does not seem like a workout at all but I'm literally dripping sweat.

I also added the ab routine today and my lord was it tough. Could no way shape or form get through the whole thing non stop but I'm excited to see how I improve as these weeks go by.

We can/will do this ladies !!!

I'm in...(sneaking in just under the wire even though I have been lurking since this thread was started and I got my workout in this morning)

Hair Goals
Current Length: Hip Length (I guess I'm officially claiming it today)
2016 Goal Length: Tailbone Length
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural 4b4a
How you will achieve goal: I will continue with my current routine....weekly cowash, deep condition with heat, leave-in, gel and bun....I'm all about that Bun Life!!

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 186 (5ft 7in)
bust: 38
Waist: 31.5
Bellybutton: 33.5

Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 160
Bust: 36
Waist: 28
Bellybutton: 30

How you will achieve goal: Working out 4-5 days a week alternating cardio (running and elliptical) with strength training. Drinking a gallon of water a day and getting my diet back under control. I will reduce sweets and increase protein and veggies.

Today I exfoliated my scalp with Nioxin Scalp Renew

Shampooed with Redken Time Rest Shampoo (this shampoo has exfoliating properties in it) I felt a really good tingle on my scalp with these first two products.

I used semi permanent color in black for gray hair for the first time. I will see how well this works.

I will be oil rinsing with a coconut oil/aloe vera juice combo.

Deep conditioning with Hea Moisture Anti Breakage Strengthening Masque followed with Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque for moisture.

Leave in - Aunt Jackie's Quench

Moisturizing with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter gel and sealing with some natural butter/oil combo.

Back