2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

Beany

I haven't had a proper workout this week (this heat is draining me), but I've been keeping my calorie and carb count low.

I sprinkled my hair with a little bit of water, used CRN fresh curl, and Sarenzo creamy oil and I'm gonna baggy for ~16 hours under a head wrap at work (this is my last set of double shifts for awhile). Tomorrow I have my consultation with Shannon at Reniece and Co.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Our family vacation is in less than 2 weeks and I'm not ready. I need to do a cleanse and a boot camp style workout asap. I have a lot of new swimwear, but I need to buy a few sundresses. I plan on doing a lot of walking on the beach and dancing all night.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Was ill this week and missed the last two bootcamp workouts. I'm still recovering, but I'll be back to camp on Monday morning. Monday is also the beginning of a keto challenge I joined. I'm hoping that joining a challenge and discussing online will help me stay on track.

Shelew

My scale was wacky so I bought another one and the number is not pleasing. Not sure if it the scale or all of my horrible eating. On a more positive note I have been doing my exercises. I have a routine going But have to get eating in line for sure.

Hair has been good. I dusted yesterday with my wash. Hair is still healthy even with my relaxed edges. They still look good anyway. Thought it would fallout from that. So far still good.

BellaRose

Since I'll be joining the gym tomorrow I decided not to do any exercise today. Will take as much rest as I can today. Been going to bed late these days. My hair is in crochet braids so all I'm doing is moisturizing the hair underneath. Saw Solgar HSN in the pharmacy the other day. Has anyone tried these and was successful with it? Can I take it with a multivitamin? Thinking of trying it for the rest of the year. See how much growth I can get.

Aggie

Just completed day 1 of my inversions for the month of August, massage 5 minutes, no oil.

I will be re-starting my exercise routine tomorrow morning - doing cardio with weights.

Last edited:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Regarding the vitamins, I would just be careful of getting overdoses, for example too much vitamin A has consequences and some people break out with too much biotin. Other than that, if you take both, I'd take one in morning & one in evening.

Since I'll be joining the gym tomorrow I decided not to do any exercise today. Will take as much rest as I can today. Been going to bed late these days. My hair is in crochet braids so all I'm doing is moisturizing the hair underneath. Saw Solgar HSN in the pharmacy the other day. Has anyone tried these and was successful with it? Can I take it with a multivitamin? Thinking of trying it for the rest of the year. See how much growth I can get.

Aggie

Day 2 of my inversions for August is complete with massage, no oil

Plus I did an hour of Cathe Freidrich's Superset - weights only!

Last edited:

trclemons

This is my 2nd week with my walking partner and we went a longer distance because we got so engaged in our conversation.

My eating has been relatively good and I have been craving salads for dinner for the last couple of weeks, but I fell off the wagon when a co-worker brought in some Krispy Kreme donuts. :badgirl:

Aggie

Day 3 of my August inversions complete, no massage, no oil - too lazy today for all that.

No workout today but will be working out with Cathe Freidrich again tomorrow. I am still going to do her Supersets workout but a little heavier.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I completed my 3rd boot camp of the week, today. Will do another session tomorrow. My goal is to do Mon-Fri consistently.

Hair wise I'm doing my usual routine. Haven't had any setbacks.

BellaRose

It's the end of the first week of August and my 3rd gym workout day! Will be doing cardio today. Been doing total body weights on my other 2 days. My water intake has moved up to 1.5 litres. Will see if I can go up some more this upcoming week. I'm getting a bit fed up with my crochet braids- ready to play with my own hair. lol. But I will stick it out to 6 weeks which will be 2 more weeks again. How are you ladies going?

Aggie

Prepoo - AVJ and ST Sweet Potatoe Pie hair Cream
Shampoo - Macadamia Natural Oil Moisture poo
Deep Conditioner - NG Mango and Coconut Deep Conditioner
Moisturizer - Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer
Sealant - ST Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Butter

No exercise this morning, thought I'd rest and let my muscles recover. I did exercise yesterday doing Jillian Michaels 30DS Lvl 2 followed by the first 12 minutes of Shaun T's Focus T25 Alpha Cardio. It was a tough workout day so I think I deserve a little rest today :grin:

faithVA

Don't know what my hands doing but I'm actively working on my weight loss. I seemed to hVe plateaued for now.

I cycled 22 miles Sunday, pulled weed Tuesday, cycled 10 miles Wednesday, walked 6 miles Friday and cycled 10 miles today.

Exercise use doesn't help me drop pounds but I hope to tone up and get stronger.

My diets decent but I need to keep the nuts under control.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Arggg! I'm so aggravated. Doing only lower body exercises is not effective enough for me. In thr meantime, my biceps & triceps are turning to mush. I've gotta find a way around this.

Regarding hair, I think I may finally texlax this week. I'm 6.5 months post and going strong, but I want one texture to deal with now.

Aggie

@Aggie - well done on your consistent inversions, let us know how you get on, will you measure monthly or do at update at the end of challenge
Thank you @Fab79,

I don't measure every month but I watch the grays and eye ball them. They do shoot out quickly after an inversion session.

I make sure to color my hair before doing the inversions so that's how I know it is growing a little faster than it would normally without them. I hate doing them, but I love the results so I will keep them up for the rest of the year.

Aggie

Arggg! I'm so aggravated. Doing only lower body exercises is not effective enough for me. In thr meantime, my biceps & triceps are turning to mush. I've gotta find a way around this.

Regarding hair, I think I may finally texlax this week. I'm 6.5 months post and going strong, but I want one texture to deal with now.
I understand your frustration so well @HappyAtLast. I actually love full body workouts a lot more because I feel like I get a well-rounded burn for the day.

However there are days when specific body parts should be targeted for optimal growth, toning and strength but I alternate those workouts. Upper, then lower, then Abs, then back to upper and so on.