2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

Aggie

This is my 2nd week with my walking partner and we went a longer distance because we got so engaged in our conversation.

My eating has been relatively good and I have been craving salads for dinner for the last couple of weeks, but I fell off the wagon when a co-worker brought in some Krispy Kreme donuts. :badgirl:
Girl @trclemons,

I gatta give a shout out to you girlfriend. You deserve it. I see your diligent posts everyday and sometimes, even when I don't want to, your posts just push me so well to get to my goals. Keep it up. We are watching you, anyway, I am watching you for sure. You are one of my daily motivations.

BellaRose

Good to hear about your improvement @HappyAtLast .
Congrats on the house @Prettymetty

This week, I've done my 3 workouts but I'm moving up to 5- 4 weights and 1 cardio. Although i was told it maybe an overkill i was bored and since school hasn't started as yet wanted to use my free days. I have improved with my eating, my water is still at 1.5 litres though. I tried a green smoothie for the first time this morning. Not sure how i feel about it as yet...

Patriciabp

Live in Your Truth ....
Hi All

Hope everyone is doing well, here we go with an update.

Last update was 11.48 stone, just got on the scales weight is now 10.96 stone.

Will start swimming and dry body brushing from September, I have be fairly consistent with the intermittent dieting and my walks and the acv which I have only been taking once a day I find this much better than three times a day, my appetite is smaller now then when I started this challenge will be continuing to take acv every morning.

Hair wise, DC Thursday, will do a length check end of September and an update on weight.

Take care all.

assiyrabomb

I've been taking 3000mcg of biotin for the past month and I noticed recently that my nails are longer and haven't been breaking off. I can only hope that my hair is also growing. I'm still in a sew in so I can check my length quite yet.

Aggie

This morning I

Prepooed
with Pumpkin Seed Butter mixed with Biolage Aloe Hydrasource Conditioning Balm for 25 minutes
Clarified with Elucence Clarifying Shampoo
Exfoliated my scalp with Nixion Scalp Renew in preparation of using my Netwurks 21 Hair Revitalizer later today
Currently Deep Conditioning with Bekura Cocoa Bark mixed with Bekura YAM Nectar for 30 minutes
Plaiting my hair up in 4 big plaits and wigging it for the day
Moisturize much later with Bekura Honey Latte
Seal with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Hair Syrup

No Exercise today though.

BellaRose

Ok so my instructor is not feeling well today so he cancelled our session. So i'll be doing P90x plyometrics today.
Also, i took out my crochet braids last night. Waiting another week felt like torture so decided to remove them. Measured hair this morning and i am full APL now. :spinning: So i guess i would have to look towards bsl for December now.

Aggie

I walked and did yoga with my workout partner last week. I have been doing well with my eating and drinking water. A few days, I didn't eat enough food, but when I weighed, I was down 3 pounds. :wiggle:
Congrats on your small accomplishments. Every pound matter. I wish I had lost 3 lbs this week. I will be putting more effort into my dietary goals this coming week.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Fell off baaaaad on my workouts but still was able to lose a pound or two.

Will up my workouts to 4 a week to make up. Down 2.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'd like to join! It'll be good to post about hair and fitness all in one place. :smile:

Hair Goals
Current Length:
Not-yet armpit length
(picture enlarges upon click)
WP_20160817_019LengthCheckMod.jpg
2016 Goal Length: 2 inches past armpit length
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
How you will achieve goal:
  • design/nail a wash-and-go regimen with these guidelines/goals:
    • wash at most twice a week (more cowashes and clay washes than poo),
    • hydrate hair and capture the hydration,
    • maintain moisture, and
    • maintain elasticity
  • determine how to minimize knots and tangles
  • search-and-destroy versus getting trims
  • drink Beautifully Bamboo Tea (may add in their vitamins I have)
  • keep my iron levels good/high
Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight:
141.8 pounds
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 123 pounds . . . flat stomach
How you will achieve goal:
  • eat greens or smoothies for at least one meal a day
  • do weights and abs work on M,W,F; do cardio and interval activity on T,TH,Sa; rest on Su
  • keep diet heavy on veggies, fruit, and protein . . . low on carbs and sugars
  • drink at least 64 ounces of water each day

Last edited:

BellaRose

Did my second workout on Wednesday. i didn't have the energy but i still pulled through. today is day three weights. Tomorrow is cardio. i reversed my decision and returned to 3 days weight training one day cardio. It's easier on my body. Hair is in two strand twists until last week of August. Then it's back into crochet braids.

Aggie

Today I:

Color
with Matrix Demi Permanent color in black
Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Condition with NG Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm Conditioner - I really need some more of this conditioner and I will purchase the large jar next with the Mango and Coconut Conditioner as well.

Bunning damp hair using CRN Curl Maker under Wetline Xtreme Gel.
Seal with HQS Coconut Lime Oil

trclemons

This week, my workout partner invited this other lady with us. Well, she didn't tell me that this lady was on a much higher level than we are.

I didn't think I would make it, but I did. It was very challenging, but it gave me great determination to enhance my cardio stamina.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Tonight I'm prepping my hair for tomorrow's wash by detangling and braiding my sections.

My weight has crept up again, so I need to watch my sodium intake. I'll take a prescription water pill in the meantime.

BellaRose

Downloaded the my fitness pal app to assist with tracking my calories. Do you think that 1250 is a low amount of calories daily? I only did it for two days so far and I feel hungry at night. While I have a desk job I go gym for the 4 days. Want to tone and trim down.

Aggie

My current length:

Beany

Started the 17 day diet yesterday. I work nights and though there is a section for shift workers, the schedule doesn't exactly fit my life. I'm hoping I still lose some (alot of) weight. I'm back on the treadmill as well, 20 minutes on an incline.

I washed and DC'd over the course of 2 days and today I'm planning to twist my hair small enough to last two weeks (hopefully).

BellaRose

Ok so the scale did not move but my clothes feel a bit looser. Everyone's commenting how i look good and asking if I'm going gym. I'm not really seeing any major change but everyone else can. Hmm...

BellaRose

***I realised I was not seeing my name in the list of challengers. So maybe my original post to sign up got overlooked. I'm reposting it. I'm full APL now.

Hair Goals
Current Length: Layered- Neck, Collarbone and Arm Pit Lengths
2016 Goal Length: full arm pit length
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
How you will achieve goal: Protective styling, finger detangling, moisturizing with Carefree Curl activator, deep conditioning, trims, multivitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 156.2 lbs, 5'5"
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 140 lbs
How you will achieve goal: Starting weight training again in August, aim to drink 2 litres water daily, eat more vegetables

Aggie

Already cutting back my food intake but not enough so I'll do a little better moving forward.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got on the scale this morning and it said 166.8. I have to do something about my weight, because it is depressing me. This morning I had a cup of coffee with coconut oil (great for weight loss). I'll have dinner when dh gets home. He made a tomato based crockpot dish with chicken and vegetables.

It's hard to avoid the temptation of eating fatty foods on days I work. I either eat free or at an amazing discount, so it's easy to eat the bad stuff. My off days are a little more structured. I spend most of my day cleaning the house and running errands. It's a lot easier to meal plan on my off days too. I'll weigh in again tomorrow and hopefully I was just retaining water.

Aggie

Right now I have some Redken Extreme Builder Plus mixed with AVJ and Avocado oil on my hair for maybe 20 minutes as aprepoo/DC on dry hair.

Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo

Possible Oil Rinse with hot Avocado oil

Moisture DC with NG Marshmallow Root DC mixed with SSI Riche Moisture Masque. I only have a little of the NG Marshmallow leftover so I have to make it up to fit my whole head.

Leave-In using NG Hibiscus & Honey Leave in conditioner.

BellaRose

I pledge to do better this month. My hair is in crochet locs for the month but i think i may keep it for 2 weeks instead. I ate crappy last week so have to cleanup now. Have to switch my exercise days a bit as school has started.