2016 Wig Challenge

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Kyra Shea Buttercream on ends.
DC'd with Aunt Jackie's In Control for 6.5 hours under plastic cap & 1 hour under heat cap.
CW'd with Honey's Handmade Black Soap, Honey & Avocado.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
Rinsed Out ACV & Bye Bye Parabens Conditioner.
LCOB'd with CON Strength & Shine, SM Yucca & Baobab Growth Milk, NJoy on scalp & Kyra Shea on ends.

For Fall & Winter, I will alternate between doing my weekly regimen on loose hair and beehive braids. I started off the month wearing my Fab Autumn wig and I think I will wear her again before switching to another style.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
So one of the wigs that I bought wasn't the one that I meant to buy. The Outre natural yaki one. I meant to buy the lace front, but I bought the full cap one (BUT WHY DO THEY BASICALLY HAVE THE EXACT SAME NAME) which has no part in it and looks horribly wiggy. It's been designated as a "winter only wig" because it looks pretty good with a hat on, but only with a hat. Still haven't tried out the Taraji yet.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got a new lace wig yesterday. It's an ombre with light blond ends and bangs. I darkened it to an ash blonde, because the color was too brassy before. I love it so much. The texture is a loose wave and I'll be wearing it straight occasionally.

I'm taking great care of my hair underneath the wig. I wash or cowash every few days and alternate between protein and moisture dc. I'm using Nioxin on my scalp daily and I try to moisturize my ends daily as well.

jasmyne14

Yesterday I wash my hair

Shampooed:- crime of nature moisturising shampoo

Deep conditioner :- Aussie moist and oil mix under plastic cap for 2-3 hours

Leavins:- aphogee pro vitamin leavin and creme of nature leavin conditioner

Airdried canerows

When I got home from work after 1am I sprayed my canerows with aphogee leavin conditioner and moisturising spray mix , oiled scalp with jbco and peppermint oil , moisturised with African pride moisturising hair lotion and sealed with shea butter, it's not a lot sounds like it .

Last edited:

Smiley79

Wig Update: My routine is weekly poo/DC and daily massages with a tiny bit of JBCO. Rotating protein and moisture DC. And I apply Naturelle Grow No-grease grease to my edges on days that I wear wigs.

Last edited:

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I only have one full wig and I'm slowly falling for it. I saw another that I like at the BSS but ima have to wait for some extra $$$ (won't be anytime soon). It still very much looks like a wig at the part like obviously but I'm starting not to care :lol:

BOBBI UMA in 1:

20161015_002354.png

How long do you ladies get your synthetic wigs to last? I wear mine daily.

trclemons

I only have one full wig and I'm slowly falling for it. I saw another that I like at the BSS but ima have to wait for some extra $$$ (won't be anytime soon). It still very much looks like a wig at the part like obviously but I'm starting not to care :lol:

BOBBI UMA in 1:

View attachment 376481

How long do you ladies get your synthetic wigs to last? I wear mine daily.
I have about 25 synthetic wigs and I rotate them every 2 weeks, so I wouldn't be a good source for how long they will last. A couple of years ago, I was wearing them for a month before switching and a couple of them were done after a month's wear, but the rest of them are still kicking.

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Ojon Damage Reverse.
DC'd under heat cap for an hour with a mix of Bhringraj powder and Honey's Handmade Yucca Mango & Honey.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with As I Am Coconut, Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair, R/O with ACV & Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
LCOB'd with CON Strength & Shine, SM Yucca & Baobab, NJoy on scalp, Sarenzo Creamy Vanilla on length & Kyra Shea's Buttercream on ends.

I will be rocking my Sky wig for the next 2 weeks.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
@morgandenae

If you take it off at night it can last a long time.
When I sew mines down it would last about 6 weeks.
The wig before this 1 I didn't sew it down & it lasted 2 months.
I have about 25 synthetic wigs and I rotate them every 2 weeks, so I wouldn't be a good source for how long they will last. A couple of years ago, I was wearing them for a month before switching and a couple of them were done after a month's wear, but the rest of them are still kicking.

Thanks ladies :2inlove:! I do take mine off as soon as I get home. It looks just like when I got it and it's been about 3 weeks.

How do you usually know when it's done?

trclemons

Thanks ladies :2inlove:! I do take mine off as soon as I get home. It looks just like when I got it and it's been about 3 weeks.

How do you usually know when it's done?
You can tell when the ends start to look a little ratty. But, you can keep cutting off the ratty ends until you can no longer salvage the wig.

ms.tatiana

Just used this ORS scalp scrub on my edges.
Then I will be washing & conditioning my hair.
Moisturizer & put some oil on it, then back to my ponytail.
Put wig on in morning, take off at night; repeat.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
So yall know I hate how fake my part looks. Tried on a long staight full lace top wig today and it looked very good. I had to have it.

Lady talking about $90+tax aka $100 for some synthetic hair. Needless to say I wasn't going. It was the last one so she offered me $5 off the floor model. What's $5 off $100 yall? Yeah basically $100. I told her I'll do it for $10 off but she was acting like her pockets was hurting she couldn't do it.

Tell me why I walked out and looked up the exact same wig online brand new for $49.95? Tuh they better holler at the next sucka. I got her :love:

Janet Whole LACE elf wig. I'll be waiting for her at the dooro_O

natural2008

So yall know I hate how fake my part looks. Tried on a long staight full lace top wig today and it looked very good. I had to have it.

Lady talking about $90+tax aka $100 for some synthetic hair. Needless to say I wasn't going. It was the last one so she offered me $5 off the floor model. What's $5 off $100 yall? Yeah basically $100. I told her I'll do it for $10 off but she was acting like her pockets was hurting she couldn't do it.

Tell me why I walked out and looked up the exact same wig online brand new for $49.95? Tuh they better holler at the next sucka. I got her :love:

Janet Whole LACE elf wig. I'll be waiting for her at the dooro_O

Lotta Wigs cheaper online.

trclemons

Pre-poo'd cornrows overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd with Aunt Jackie's In Control for an hour under the heat cap.
CW'd with Honey's Handmade Black Soap, Honey & Avocado.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
Rinsed Out with ACV and Paul Mitchell's The Detangler & Suave Shea & Almond Conditioners.
LCOJB with CON Strength & Shine, BBB Sweet Milk, NJoy on scalp, KJ Natural's Jamaican Jelly & Kyra Shea's Buttercream on ends.

Will rock my sky wig until October 31st.

toinette

Tricking the president
I haven't worn a wig or any type of fake hair in over 3 years...but y'all I had to break down and get those Outre BBH wigs. I ordered 4a kinky and 4c coily in 1b. Ended up ordering them off Amazon cause none of the sites I went to had both of them in 1b and the shipping costs were ridiculous.