2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Caramel74

Good morning my gorgeous sweet face beautiful hair sisters! Hope everyone is doing well.

My check in update is:

While I'm doing well rotating my protective styles, I ended up declining to have my hair done in fear that it would be burned at the Dominican Salon. It's been a very long time since I've worn it straight and I'm urging very badly for that soft non-crazy shrunken state.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I am going to buy myself a nice old fashioned curling iron and curl the ends under and see what happens, what I can come up with.

If it comes out like crap.. oh well, at least I got that out of my system and I can always figure out something. For instance put the back in a high fluffy pony w my bangs curled around my face.

Last trim: 21 Dec 2016 where I chopped 1 inch off.

Caramel74

@Prettymetty That sounds like a good plan! I also miss the sleek shine as well as the feathery perfect movement and no kinks what so ever since they get right to the root. I also miss just relaxing and having my hair done. I still have not done it yet. My boyfriend wanted me to cook dinner for once because we always go out to eat, lol. Also I had not been to the gym so I had to catch up and do 2 hours, grocery shopping, home, shower, and cook. By the time I was done he was already here, so I couldn't play with my curling iron but I bought it. I'm going to end up going to the DS anyway when I can find the time.

I still don't feel like doing it. I know I'll never get it perfect myself and it's too much work. A big part of me wants to run down the street to supercuts and have them flatiron it. I can always play with my curling iron after they do the majority of it. After getting use to putting my hair in a protective style that takes like 2 minutes, it's so hard close to impossible to do this myself. You'll know if I bomb because there probably won't be a picture.
:lachen::rolleyes::p:afro:

Caramel74

Update Check In:

Heya Beautiful Sisters :)

The curling iron I bought was a piece of gabbage! Can't even return it because even though I'm such a receipt natzi, I throw them away after I record it in my check register, lol.

I ended up running literally, well walking, down to Supercuts and Simone flatironed my hair. At first I was like eh, but as the day went on, I really really enjoyed having my hair straight. It's a shock to people that always see me with a PS, they always comment how long my hair is. It felt good! Next day I used the garbage curling iron on slept on flatironed hair so I could get another day out of it. It even was so soft on day number 3 but I jumped in the shower anyway, cowashed, M & S, and went back to PS.

Sorry no pic as I have been so busy lately. I know that has to be a once in a great while thing as my hair is so so fine and it has to be handled like antique lace.

GGsKin

I'm back on the bamboo extract from today. I was taking this for a few months last year and I think I stopped around Sept. I definitely notice that my root bulbs from shed hairs feel smaller than they did when I was taking this in the Summer, so I'm bringing it back into the fold.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today was wash day. I washed with Elixir Ultime sample shampoo and did a 1 hour DC with Cristalliste mask. My hair was very soft and easy to detangle. This week's celies are done.20170201_222446.jpgthis is my wet texture after 3 keratin treatments. Still zig zaggy type 4, but much looser

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
Last night used my split ender finally. It wasn't hard to use, but it was a longer process than anticipated. You really have to section off thin parts of hair or the gadget will start pulling on your hair a little.
At first in my mind I thought if I'm taking off .25" at a time and I have to go over my hair 3 times, I'll lose nearly an inch! Lol but I couldn't really see a difference thank God. It only gets the damaged/split ends. It will pass over the healthy hair, not cut it.

Also I am still doing my sub affirmations, each night when I go to sleep. I'm trying a different video this time since the previous didn't do as much as expected after a week. Lord help me with my patience lol. But I'm gonna stick this one out it does seem to do more for me. Let's see how things play out next month for our 1st check in...

beauti

•dc'd with APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle :love3: made my hair incredibly soft
•did a wash and go using curls blueberry bliss leave-in, mielle organics mint almond oil :love: and curls blueberry bliss curl control jelly.
Will keep this wash and go in a bun for the week. My hair feels so good!

Aggie

•dc'd with APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle :love3: made my hair incredibly soft
•did a wash and go using curls blueberry bliss leave-in, mielle organics mint almond oil :love: and curls blueberry bliss curl control jelly.
Will keep this wash and go in a bun for the week. My hair feels so good!
Okay @beauti

Spill the beans on the Mielle Mint Almond Oil please. What did you like about it? Tell me everything :look:

beauti

Okay @beauti

Spill the beans on the Mielle Mint Almond Oil please. What did you like about it? Tell me everything :look:
It smells like a minty-er version of the babassu mint dc. Surprisingly enough there's not alot of tingling considering how strongly minty it is. It's slightly thick in consistency, not at all your typical almond oil.(must be the soybean oil. Ingredients are glycerin,soybean oil, almond oil, and peppermint oil.) I used it after my leave-in, and even applied on gelled hair. My hair drank it up right away, it doesn't just coat the hair. And it's none greasy despite being slightly thick in consistency. No sticky residue. Hth! @Aggie

Last edited:

Aggie

It smells like a minty-er version of the babassu mint dc. Surprisingly enough there's not alot of tingling considering how strongly minty it is. It's slightly thick in consistency, not at all your typical almond oil.(must be the soybean oil. Ingredients are glycerin,soybean oil, almond oil, and peppermint oil.) I used it after my leave-in, and even applied on gelled hair. My hair drank it up right away, it doesn't just coat the hair. And it's none greasy despite being slightly thick in consistency. No sticky residue. Hth! @Aggie
This did help @beauti. Thank you so much. I may get that one later.

WeirdoBeauty

I know I'm late,but I'm still going to join this challenge .My hair is currently braided up in crochet braids until spring break.
Regimen:
spray braid nightly with homemade moisturizing braid spray
oil scalp with coconut oil
apply sulfur oil mix/temple balm 3x a week followed by a scalp message.

Attachments

• IMG_3888.JPG
    IMG_3888.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 31

apple_natural

i deep conditioned with peace rose Shea Moisture. I LOVE the smell. thats about it. it wasn't the worst. it did ok. its not my staple (which i put on my really dry parts) and it's not quite like the cholesterol conditioner which i love and is cheaper and better.

i did like the smell. i have rose extract stuff that i usually put in my glycerin spray (that i havent been using). Today, I mixed in rose water in my scurl spray that i use for my braids, but also because I like the bottle, so I use it up in order to use the bottle for homemade glycerin rose water. I even put it on my face as a moisturizer. It's great and recommended by makeup artists

anyway, i have my clip-ins in today. i feel really weird, but they look awesome

Last edited: