2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Fotchygirl

I seriously have to wash my hair but I am scurred. It is tangly now even before a wash because of the new growth that is coming in and the different textures that I have. Some of my hair is relaxed straight from before LHCF when I wasn't putting Vaseline on my relaxed strands before a relaxer and some is texlaxed and then there's the NG. I will have to comb it really well this weekend before I put water on it. Today I'm wearing it in a braid out and it's hanging lower than it used to. I guess it is growing after all.

Evolving78

@Fotchygirl
How about a pre shampoo? I would use a wide tooth comb, take my time, and apply an oil for an hour at least before my shampoo. That way you can clean your scalp as well as protect your strands.
This will work. I apply and oil, finger detangle, and let it sit for 30-60 mins before I wash. I also have a bunch of detangling sprays. My leave-in is a detangling spray as well, so I apply that with a creamy leave-in before i detangle.

GGsKin

I ended up DCing overnight on Wednesday and using clay on Thursday and putting my hair up.

Yesterday I was bored so decided to blow out the front of my hair for a twist out fringe/ bang. Quite a bit of hair was coming out with the brush (some sheds, some breakage) but it was nice to see my hair so full and to comb through a piece.

Daina

The Alter Ego garlic mask is amazing. I used it as a pre-poo treatment and it cut the wash day shedding I normally see in half! I also did a protein treatment and a moisture DC to try and combat some of this post color dryness. I covered my greys last week with jet black but the color was very drying. Next week I'm going to steam in my DC to see if that helps as well.

beauti

I saw a Naptural 85 video using fresh aloe to prepoo as well. What benefits do you see from using it? I'm thinking of picking up a fresh plant.
I saw the same video and thought to give it a try. I usually prepoo with Lily of the Desert aloe vera gel with great results but as soon as I applied the fresh aloe my curls popped! Very defined, soft, but also strong like a mild protein. I then applied my oil mixture of coconut, olive, and safflower, and sat under the dryer. I have yet to shampoo though. Dont think it's happening tonight :look:

Daina

I saw the same video and thought to give it a try. I usually prepoo with Lily of the Desert aloe vera gel with great results but as soon as I applied the fresh aloe my curls popped! Very defined, soft, but also strong like a mild protein. I then applied my oil mixture of coconut, olive, and safflower, and sat under the dryer. I have yet to shampoo though. Dont think it's happening tonight :look:

Picked up a fresh plant tonight while at the store. Looking forward to trying this as a pre-poo!

Fotchygirl

So ladies I did pre-poo with coconut oil for 2 hours, I then didvided my hair into 8 sections and detangled with a wide tooth comb, then washed and DC'd as normal. Afterwards I applied my leave-ins and detangled again. I then put my hair in 8 braids which I have now. My hair is tangle free and so yummy thanks to my Joico Moisture Recovery products. Tonight I will take them down and moisturize and seal my hair and put them back up again. on my scalp I apply the oil mix of coconut, castor, lavender, tea tree and vitamin e that I found on the indianspot website.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today was a "Wild card" wash day. I used all samples. Once my hair was partially dry I added some Curl Ideal cream and detangled. My braids are nice and tight.

I'm currently shopping around for a new Keratin treatment. I like Uncurly, but the pj in me wants to explore other brands. I have Moroccan Keratin in my cart...20170215_172056.jpg

Eta I got scared at the last minute and ordered more Uncurly Keratin. Their customer service alone is worth a repeat purchase.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was really anxious to try my new Babyliss pro flat iron, so I straightened my hair and immediately braided it back. I'll be wearing a wig for another 3 weeks until I do another bkt. My new growth was very tight, so straightening it helped see a little progress. Since my hair is straight I'll be using an oil based growth aid instead of Xcel21 until next wash day. My blend consists of grapeseed oil, peppermint, lavender and rosemary oil. It smells sweet and gives my scalp a nice tingle.

Fotchygirl

I also had a good wash day on Saturday. It really helps to wash your hair when you are relaxed and not anxious about other things. My DH was watching our kiddies so I was able to give my hair the pampering it needed, this time I did prepoo with warm olive oil but I didn't detangle before washing it which I was scared about. I detangled in the shower and had no tangles afterwards. I want to really master detangling in the shower since so many ladies here swear by it.

GGsKin

For the past two weeks, I've been doing the minimum- occasionally spritzing my scalp with NW21, massaging and adding water and gel and putting it all back up in my banana clip. I want to fit a wash day in tomorrow or Friday but I'm enjoying the fullness, and everyone keeps giving me better things to do.

Daina

I also stretched my wash day for two weeks this time as well! Been using the Xcel 21 and my growth oil and M&S every few days then back in a bun I go. My hair has really thickened up a lot, especially in the top, crown and front area which I'm excited about. I think it's mostly due to the Xcel 21 as I have been hit or miss with my vitamins and supplements the last 2 months. This weekend I am going to co-cleanse and deep condition and will either do a WnG or wet bun. Next Friday 3/3 I'm getting my hair done and will do my March length check as well.

Daina

If I could photoshop these love handles I would :look: I am 2 weeks away from a bkt and 3 weeks away from the Spring Equinox trim. I will trim an inch from my longest layer so that the sides can catch up. Overall I'm happy with my progress so far.

Again. Sorry about the rolls:pView attachment 389831

@Prettymetty, beautiful hair and great growth! Your hair seems to be responding well to BKT's.