2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

beauti

Prepoo'd last night, dc'd under dryer for 40min with naturellegrow marshmallow root, slippery elm dc. It smells soooo good and I like it overall but I wasn't wowed enough to repurchase. Didn't give me the slip I look forward to in my deep conditioners although it did leave my hair soft after rinsing it out.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I'm IN.

Deep conditioners I will be using:
Moisture
APB UCS
APB Blueberry Cheesecake DC
SSI Sugar Peach Conditioner
ST Can't Believe It's Knot Honey Conditioning Hair Caramel

Protein
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
ApHogee 2 Minute Reconstructor

Yesterday I did a protein DC (15 mins) followed by moisture DC (30 mins) under my conditioning cap.

Time to next DC: 2 weeks.

Aggie

I'm doing a henna gloss on my hair this morning with:

3 heaping Tbsp of Henna Sooq Moroccan Henna,
3 oz of BRB Chai Hair Tea, an ounce of Banyan Botanical Healthy Hair Oil,
an ounce of EVCO,
2 Tablespoons each of Amla and brahmi powders

I'll be using the remainder of the Chai Hair tea to wash out the henna gloss and deep conditioning with CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner followed with APB Buriti Moringa Hair Mask

Aggie

This morning I used the 22nd Century Peppermint shampoo bar and it sud up really good plus it cleaned my hair without stripping it. I now have some Annabelle's Moisturizing Conditioner on my hair.

One thing I should make a note of. After I rinsed out the 22nd Century Conditioner and washed with the shampoo bar and rinsed that out, my hair felt light and it clumped beautifully. I do like how the 22nd Century DC feels on my hair though.

These I will not use to detangle with but they work well together to clean and condition the hair. Hence my reason for using the APB DC.They do have that herbally smell to them but not in a bad way to me.

Curls&Justice417

I didn't have time to DC this week :( but I did use the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey rinse out conditioner with the coordinating shampoo. Shampoo is definitely a winner so far. I've used it the last 5 wash days. The conditioner was okay. I wasn't too impressed until after I T-shirt dried. My hair was extremely soft, moisturized, and all I had to do was lightly finger detangle before putting it in some two strand twists.

I am pleased to say that my hair is still feeling good after my protein treatment last week. Way less breakage for sure.

sparkle25

I'm deep conditioning overnight with Sereniti's Bath Body and You moisture rich cupuacu DC. I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how it went, but so far my scalp feels amazing and I noticed when applying, this melted right into my hair. I'm super heavy handed using at least half an 8 oz jar of condish and I always DC on dry hair, but I didn't end up using half a jar with this stuff and it instantly softened my super dry & hard hair ( I had to wash with a clarifying shampoo due to the previous products i used to DC and moisturize that I loathed) immediately. See you ladies tomorrow with an update.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Deep conditioned with my DIY coconut milk conditioner under the dryer for 30 minutes last night. My deep conditioner soaked into my hair. I put my cheap conditioner on top to help with slip.

Jade Feria

On (consecutive) day 5 of MHM today. This weekend I DC'ed with Mielle Organics Babassu & Mint DC on Saturday, diluted SSI Curl Moist Conditioner Sunday, and diluted NG Slippery Elm & Marshmallow today.

Aggie

Just got done dcing with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, I bought it after watching a favorite YT put it in her favorites. I'm going to probably leave it in for at least 8 hrs overnight with my plastic cap, bonnet and bon bon cheveux candy bonnet.

There are too many good reviews about the bolded. I will eventually get my hands on some of this :yep: and when I do, I'll probably get 3-4 large jars of it.

sparkle25

I'm deep conditioning overnight with Sereniti's Bath Body and You moisture rich cupuacu DC. I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how it went, but so far my scalp feels amazing and I noticed when applying, this melted right into my hair. I'm super heavy handed using at least half an 8 oz jar of condish and I always DC on dry hair, but I didn't end up using half a jar with this stuff and it instantly softened my super dry & hard hair ( I had to wash with a clarifying shampoo due to the previous products i used to DC and moisturize that I loathed) immediately. See you ladies tomorrow with an update.
This was my first time using it and it was a hit. Soothing to my irritated scalp and it smelt like a mild sweet creamy peppermint patty. My hair was soft and lovely upon rinsing and dried nicely too.