2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

faithVA

I used Kerastase Resistance mask last night and left it in ovjernight. It felt wonderful going on. It smoothed my hair nicely. It felt so good I was wondering if I could use it to style my hair regularly and just leave it in.

I'm going to rinse in a few. I am expecting it to feel wonderful.

CurlyWhoCrux

View attachment 421605
I’m not feeling great about my hair these days and I’ve been curious to see if there’s been any difference in my hair since trying harder with moisturizing and sealing and DC’ing.

I’m sorry I take such weird pictures lol.

Attachments

• 4E3F029A-DB8A-472E-94C2-CAF50DC844C0.jpeg
    4E3F029A-DB8A-472E-94C2-CAF50DC844C0.jpeg
    992 KB · Views: 35
  • 54F59ACF-82A9-4CF3-88BC-E81CB8C04E48.jpeg
    54F59ACF-82A9-4CF3-88BC-E81CB8C04E48.jpeg
    824.6 KB · Views: 32

Jade Feria

View attachment 421605
I’m not feeling great about my hair these days and I’ve been curious to see if there’s been any difference in my hair since trying harder with moisturizing and sealing and DC’ing.

I’m sorry I take such weird pictures lol.
Give it time. After about 6 months of DCing every week, I saw a drastic improvement in the condition of my hair.

Last edited:

GGsKin

On Wednesday I used CRN Penetrating Hair Treatment for the first time, baggied and used heat from the blow dryer. Hydrolysed keratin is low in the list but it was definitely more moisture than protein. I like how it performed on my hair but I used way too much gel so my hair feels sticky now.

CurlyWhoCrux

DCing overnight with a very diluted mixture of a Suave Conditioner (Everlasting Sunshine) and the SM Lo Po leave in. Very unorthodox mixture, but I’m working with what I have. I dilute it enough so that I can spray it directly onto my hair. Topped it with TMC Butter Than This and braided it up.

CurlyWhoCrux

DCing overnight with a very diluted mixture of a Suave Conditioner (Everlasting Sunshine) and the SM Lo Po leave in. Very unorthodox mixture, but I’m working with what I have. I dilute it enough so that I can spray it directly onto my hair. Topped it with TMC Butter Than This and braided it up.

I think I might be on to something here....my hair is nice and soft and smells good. I didn’t rinse it out. Will tonight when I shower.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
How long do you plan to be in the challenge?
3/3 - 6/3

How often will you DC?
At least once a week

What DCs will you use (top 5-10 if you can't list them all)?
1) Shea Moisture Hemp High Porosity Mask
2) Edens Bodyworks Treatment Masque
3) Red Raj Henna

What's your hair profile?

Natural

What goals do you hope regular DCs will help you achieve?

Healthy appearance, defined curls, increased shine, less breakage, easy manageability, softness, and body.

Starting photo: 03/03 : 06/08
9309DBAF-928D-44FC-9E34-107E4E96A7C9.jpeg

Attachments

• 375F12EF-C2BC-4243-8811-FBD4AACF31B5.jpeg
    375F12EF-C2BC-4243-8811-FBD4AACF31B5.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

GGsKin

Yesterday I DCd on dry hair with CRN Algae Renew (1st try). I left it to marinade for a few hrs uncovered, with the sun as my heat source lol. Upon rinsing, my hair felt soft and sheds were sliding out nicely.

PlanetCybertron

Been deep conditioning with two products for the last month, But I love it. It’s the Cer100 protein coating treatment by Elizavecca.

The slip is amazing, and it has a salon type of smell but I don’t mind. It’s great at giving my fine strands some weight to them, and does a bang up job strengthening my ends as well.

This is the Ichikami moisturizing treatment:

I used this afterwards and it’s so fruity and light smelling. Super moisturizing. Goes on a bit thick though, but it spreads nicely, so I don’t need that much.

These have replaced pretty much all of my other products since I ran out of my stash I bought back towards the end of April/Beginning of January.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
IMG_20180613_015738_329.jpg I washed with Kerastase Extentioniste. And now I'm deep conditioning with the mask from the line. I bought the conditioner too. I may do a final rinse with it.

The Extentioniste line is the blue/green bottles

Eta I only paid $10 for each bottle. They have since fixed the price back to $20

Last edited:

Jade Feria

Been deep conditioning with two products for the last month, But I love it. It’s the Cer100 protein coating treatment by Elizavecca.

The slip is amazing, and it has a salon type of smell but I don’t mind. It’s great at giving my fine strands some weight to them, and does a bang up job strengthening my ends as well.

This is the Ichikami moisturizing treatment:

I used this afterwards and it’s so fruity and light smelling. Super moisturizing. Goes on a bit thick though, but it spreads nicely, so I don’t need that much.

These have replaced pretty much all of my other products since I ran out of my stash I bought back towards the end of April/Beginning of January.
Those look cool! Where do you buy them?

PlanetCybertron

Those look cool! Where do you buy them?

Here’s the link for the first one. I suggest Amazon just because the shipping so like an entire two weeks faster.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=elizavecca+ion+injection&ref=is_s

Here’s the one for the second one:

This one is a different scent from the top one, but so long as it says Kracie, it’s good to go.

Here’s the original site of you want the dark pink instead of the orange bottle:
https://www.yesstyle.com/en/list.html?bpt=48&q=Ichikami+revitalizing+hair+treatment

I just prefer the ones on Amazon since they get here quicker. Just make sure the product info you get is written in Korean or Japanese when you go to look on the back labels. It’s truly sourced from that company if you can’t understand what they’ve written lol. They do have the ingredients list in whatever language you’re fluent in online if you wish to read and check.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Yes... my before is from my Deva Cut salon.... my after was my wash and go.

I think the curly girl technique yielded better definition and volume however my curls are WAY MORE defined and more manageable now.
Is this your before and after? Your hair is looking super moisturized and defined!!

RossBoss

Dc'ed last night. I think I have only DC'ed once since 2018 began, lol. I went to reach for my Queen Helene and realized that I still have half a bottle of Salon Care Cholesterol that a family member gave to me last year. I will use that up then it's back to Queen Helene. I find that adding the EVOO to the Cholesterol allows me to do a hot oil treatment and DC in one which in turn is a timesaver. My hair felt like silk afterwards. I will force myself to stay consistent with DCing.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Currently reverse washing: Doing a dc on dry hair with Kerastase Extentioniste and I'll cleanse with Curl Ideal cleansing conditioner. My hair loves reverse washing. Maybe because it's so fine...