4b/ 4c Naturals Growth Thread

LdyKamz

So rinsing my hair this morning was actually perfectly fine. My hair just laid down in the shower and I ran my fingers through it a couple of times. Super easy. If I can make wash and gos look decent I might do this again.

In other news I'm noticing every time I twist now I can grab a bit more hair on the sides and back. I can see now that one side definitely grows faster than the other even though both sides are coming in fast with that oil. I need to remind myself to stay consistent. Nightly scalp massages have also been good for my stress level.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
So rinsing my hair this morning was actually perfectly fine. My hair just laid down in the shower and I ran my fingers through it a couple of times. Super easy. If I can make wash and gos look decent I might do this again.

In other news I'm noticing every time I twist now I can grab a bit more hair on the sides and back. I can see now that one side definitely grows faster than the other even though both sides are coming in fast with that oil. I need to remind myself to stay consistent. Nightly scalp massages have also been good for my stress level.
*even more amped to try that oil*

LdyKamz

@I Am So Blessed have you bought it yet? How long is your hair? I can't wait to see the kind of results you get. I will admit I was a bit down about my hair and the cut before I got the oil. I talked about it all over the board! Lol I'm a slow grower. The front of my hair is the only part that appears to grow fast. I can cut my bangs and they grow right back to where they were in 3 months or less. So this oil has been really encouraging.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!

Doing an overnight pre-poo treatment as we speak: I used Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Coconut Breeze. It's only my second time using it, it left me unimpressed the first time I used it. I'm hoping this time will be different. Also using the Scalp Mask (far right) on my scalp. It's been 2 months since my prescription drugs were lowered and my dandruff seems to be better + my hair has grown but thinned out, unfortunately.

Currently eyeing the Njoy Hair Growth oil (thank you ladies:love:) and a cheap handheld hair dryer with comb attachment on Amazon.com.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
WNGs have been my goto style for about 3 months. I used to do twistouts all the time but they somehow became more trouble. It has taken a while to get the right product combination so I don’t go broke...I have to wet and reapply product daily. I think my hair is thriving on the daily moisture. I have more shrinkage at the nape (about 70/80%) and around the sides than I do in the top (40-50%). I usually get crochets for vacation but I’ve gotten so comfy with my WNGs that I’m not doing it this year.

oneastrocurlie

View attachment 430929 View attachment 430925

I'm joining this thread because I got my first hair cut 2 weeks ago. A Deva cut, from the curly hair salon.

She said my hair was 4b.
I was surprised, because I thought I was 3c/4a, because of coils and clumpage.

I then worked a hairstyling event the same week, and the head hairstylist of Garnier Canada also stated that my hair is a 4b. (I'm not certain how much experience he has with black hair though)

But who am I to say if these 2 'experts' one of which who did my hair say that I'm a 4b?

Any thoughts and insight are welcome.
I am interested in finding my hair twin so that I can share product recommendations and try new things.

ETA: I was waistlength natural until Sept. and then I chopped it all off. I've worn my hair in a wash n go for the last 8 months. I'm very 'product-lazy' ...shampoo/condition/leave in/gel.

I just remembered to add the pic of the salon 'curl care plan' where the stylist circled that I am 4b type with super curly hair. Just for reference.

I saw your other hair pics in the wash and go thread and I think we're hair twins or close lol.

Recent wash and go pics of mine:

PhotoGrid_1530301226394~2.jpg

I'm joining in here as well. I'm going out a tapered cut after having it for about 4 years. Can't do much outside of wash and gos at the moment.

I got it cut back in April because my hair was oddly shaped from having shaved sides and a much longer top. Hoping I can resist cuts as I grow it out.

Last edited:

GGsKin

While wearing my hair flat ironed, I took the opportunity to give myself a trim of about 2-3 inches. I had so nany splits that it was necessary. I've been wearing braid n curl braidouts but I'm missing fresh hair now. I think wanna try a twist out when I wash my hair. Don't fancy putting in twists though lol

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed have you bought it yet? How long is your hair? I can't wait to see the kind of results you get. I will admit I was a bit down about my hair and the cut before I got the oil. I talked about it all over the board! Lol I'm a slow grower. The front of my hair is the only part that appears to grow fast. I can cut my bangs and they grow right back to where they were in 3 months or less. So this oil has been really encouraging.
I just purchased it and went back and purchased again LOL. So I bought two! The regular ones with sulphur w/no scent added. I'm excited!

Ya'know...Im really greedy. My hair is past WL and thick/dence/heavy. I think I'm whip length now, but that oil review though. Im so excited for you. I hope your hair flourishes! Thank you! I certainly will keep you posted with my reviews.

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!

Really debating whether I should cut my hair or try to grow it again. In all honesty, I never did reach my goal the first time around: I was vying for MBL but only got to BSL. So I want to give it a second go, but I just lack the patience and dedication I once had. Has anybody struggled with this also? Quite frankly right now, I would just be happy not to have a bunch of hairs everywhere in my bathroom :nono:. My hair is also extremely dry and I only do the bare minimum to keep it alive. Buying a bunch of products again is also not something I'm looking forward to. But everyone keeps telling me that long natural hair really suits me well. And to be honest I enjoyed the versatility of it. LeSigh.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Today I did BIG CHOP #4 (I think).
The last time I big chopped was October 2014 right before my 30th Bday.
Tried a product that contained aloe vera juice as the 2nd ingredient for the past 2 weeks, and after washing today, I had mattes and locs throughout my hair.
Set back- hello.

My hair grew to almost APL since my 2014 BC, but today I decided its too hot and I was TIRED aka frustrated.

Cheers to new beginnings. My hair is now 1.5 inches all around …

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have been literally using 3 things on my hair and I’ve been wetting it almost everyday in the shower (sometimes twice a day)too. I be sizzling like a steak at work.
The three things are:
-Warm water
-Curls Blueberry Leave in/APB Cupachu leave in
-Haitian Black Castor Oil

That’s it. I cowash with either the coconut and hibiscus or the APB conditioner.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I have been literally using 3 things on my hair and I’ve been wetting it almost everyday in the shower (sometimes twice a day)too. I be sizzling like a steak at work.
The three things are:
-Warm water
-Curls Blueberry Leave in/APB Cupachu leave in
-Haitian Black Castor Oil

That’s it. I cowash with either the coconut and hibiscus or the APB conditioner.
I'm sorry for your loss. You will now have to buy another jar of castor oil. I hate when I spill things!

oneastrocurlie

These tapered sides are going to annoy me. I'm considering that njoy oil. I let my cart sit and got a coupon.

Switched up my products slightly this week. Used Mielles Organics twisting souffle to go my wash and almost go. Also tried out a new conditioner, Maui moisture bamboo fibers. I like it.

naturalagain2

These tapered sides are going to annoy me. I'm considering that njoy oil. I let my cart sit and got a coupon.

Switched up my products slightly this week. Used Mielles Organics twisting souffle to go my wash and almost go. Also tried out a new conditioner, Maui moisture bamboo fibers. I like it.

Hey if you annoyed with your tapered sides try out askproy on youtube. She has some good styles for tapered hair.

charmtreese

Because I always wash my hair in sections, I rarely get a chance to see what my loose hair looks like when it’s wet. So yesterday, before I completely rinsed out the clay from my hair, I took down all 4 sections to see what a wash-n-go would potentially look like on my hair, and I got this! I’ve never done a WNG before, and honestly I’m not sure where to start, but I’m finally starting to think I can achieve that style!
1a.jpg 1b.jpg

NowIAmNappy

Because I always wash my hair in sections, I rarely get a chance to see what my loose hair looks like when it’s wet. So yesterday, before I completely rinsed out the clay from my hair, I took down all 4 sections to see what a wash-n-go would potentially look like on my hair, and I got this! I’ve never done a WNG before, and honestly I’m not sure where to start, but I’m finally starting to think I can achieve that style!
View attachment 432489 View attachment 432491

What did you end up doing with your hair? It looks so good, I think you can try a wash n go.