anyone have natural BUN pics?

PaperClip

My hair isn't quite long enough for a bun on it's own so I add a piece of hair. I haven't done a bun on my hair straightened as a natural yet. Here's some pictures:

Glamazon, what type of hair did you use to make this bun? It blends/matches well....

glamazon386

Glamazon, what type of hair did you use to make this bun? It blends/matches well....

Who knows... I used something different for each one of those buns I posted. It was a random piece of hair I had left over from an old weave. Instead of throwing the hair out when I'm done with it I keep it in a bin for ponytails and buns should I need it in the future.

Thanks Sparkle and BKQ. I think I might go try to bun my flat ironed hair now. Anybody have any tips?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Yall sure do have nice and fancy buns. My bun is just me wrapping a ponytail holder around my hair then not pulling my ponytail all the way through.

ebzonix

All of these buns look so pretty. All the different textures and different styles. You ladies are very creative.

jenteel

lol! thanks kiya!

[B said:
glamazon386[/B];4717949]Who knows... I used something different for each one of those buns I posted. It was a random piece of hair I had left over from an old weave. Instead of throwing the hair out when I'm done with it I keep it in a bin for ponytails and buns should I need it in the future.

Thanks Sparkle and BKQ. I think I might go try to bun my flat ironed hair now. Anybody have any tips?

now u know u don't need no damn help
ur hair is always fiyah!:grin:

JustKiya

This thread is so fabulous, I had to show my one (and only) bun.... two strand twists, twisted and tucked under themselves. I think I had one hair pin in there to hold it down.

It only worked because my ends were a different color. I've tried with all the same color hair, and it looks like a pimple, or something. :lachen: :nono: *sigh* I'll have to wait til my hair is longer to pull off a bun now - MUCH longer.

glamazon386

lol! thanks kiya!

now u know u don't need no damn help
ur hair is always fiyah!:grin:

Thanks but girl IDK about this straight hair. :nono: I haven't worn my own hair straight on a regular basis (longer than a week at a time) since I was in high school. I don't even know what to do with it. It's just up there.

For ladies who bun on straight hair do you add any product to your hair when you pull it back? Especially on the edges? I don't have a problem with my edges when my hair is in it's natural state bc they blend in. But with it being straight my edges can look nappy in comparision to my straight hair. I don't want to put gel on it bc I don't want my hair to revert. I was thinking maybe some type of pomade?

justNikki

1) borrowed from southern tease and made a side pony with a braid in the front....I just pinned my ponytail by piling the curls on top of each other.

2) this looked much better in person, I promise...I brushed out the pony using coconut oil. 3 sections....brought the middle up of the pony up and pinned it and then pinned the two sides under. Saw a photo on the internet somewhere, it was straight hair though.

3) puff that I pinned under (3 pins total)

4) twists...braided from both sides and then twisted and clipped with the flexi8 clip.

5) dried my hair in 5 braids overnight...in the AM, split hair in two sections using my fingers, made two ponys and pinned the loose pony hair at the center. Added a flexi8 clip.

In addition to these, I've done the typical side donut or sock bun and the side low curly bun. I'm always looking for something new to try as an updo, so, this is a great thread.

curlee q, I'm definitely trying that soon...and I love the big buns too...Irresistible and zzirvingj, those are my goal buns...beautiful :) and tthreat08, I'm inspired to make my buns look much neater...so pretty.

Attachments

• frontbraidbun.jpg
    frontbraidbun.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 362
  • flowerbun.jpg
    flowerbun.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 372
  • puffbun.jpg
    puffbun.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 365
  • twistbraidbun.jpg
    twistbraidbun.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 327
  • doublebun.jpg
    doublebun.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

lilsparkle825

1) borrowed from southern tease and made a side pony with a braid in the front....I just pinned my ponytail by piling the curls on top of each other.

2) this looked much better in person, I promise...I brushed out the pony using coconut oil. 3 sections....brought the middle up of the pony up and pinned it and then pinned the two sides under. Saw a photo on the internet somewhere, it was straight hair though.

3) puff that I pinned under (3 pins total)

4) twists...braided from both sides and then twisted and clipped with the flexi8 clip.

5) dried my hair in 5 braids overnight...in the AM, split hair in two sections using my fingers, made two ponys and pinned the loose pony hair at the center. Added a flexi8 clip.

In addition to these, I've done the typical side donut or sock bun and the side low curly bun. I'm always looking for something new to try as an updo, so, this is a great thread.

curlee q, I'm definitely trying that soon...and I love the big buns too...Irresistible and zzirvingj, those are my goal buns...beautiful :) and tthreat08, I'm inspired to make my buns look much neater...so pretty.
very creative. i like your hair color :yep:

where do you get the flexi8 clips?

ladylibra

Yall sure do have nice and fancy buns. My bun is just me wrapping a ponytail holder around my hair then not pulling my ponytail all the way through.

that's all i did, but instead of leaving the ends underneath at the bottom, i twist my wrist and the ponytail holder on the last pull-thru and reach under... so the coilies ends up on the top. :yep:

Thank you. It is actually a modified version of the "The Southern Tease Bun" I saw her video on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q_-XBalPjVg

awesome, thank you! :grin:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
This is my bun in 2002, when my hair was short enough to create a mega size bun like this. Yes, I said short enough LOL

This bun is created by putting your hair in a ponytail and then bending the ends outwards and securing them, piece by piece, with hair pins. When you're finished, blend the pieces to create the look of a huge bun. Just like a sock bun, but without the sock.

Nowadays, my hair is too long so that this type of bun would flop and just create pain all over. New lengths = new buns.

Last edited:

ladylibra

^^^i know what you're talking about... we did buns like this one year in winter guard, and we had a white girl with THICK tailbone length blonde hair who couldn't do it. :lol: