♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
October 3rd length chk (left & right side):

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

I haven't even made full apl and I already can't wait to be bsl lol

I think I'll have apl for sure end of this month though

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Rozlewis

I am on track to APL and possible beyond by the end of the year. I will be doing a length check with my next relaxer which is not until December 20th. I will post pics then.

IslandMummy

my current PS

The small picture on my phone was nice but this is sooo cute! Fits you perfectly

~~~~~~

Kanechom + Silicone Mix is my holy grail :yep: My hair has slip, super soft, and is so easy to detangle. I will be using this from now on. I want a hard top hair dryer now or a steamer for deep conditioning.

Last edited:

snoop

Down side: I don't think that I'll make APL by the end of the year. :nono:

Up side: This month marks 2 years since my last BC. I'm so happy with my hair so far. :yep: My hair is the healthiest and longest it's EVER been. My longest ever before was neck length and not for lack of trying.

Attachments

• 20131006_091605.jpg
    20131006_091605.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 47

alanaturelle

Hi ladies, I've been MIA since March mainly because I got frustrated with my hair not growing at a rate that I would like, lol. At one point, I thought I hit the dreaded hair plateau. But when I flat ironed my hair the past July, I noticed that it had grown from December which brought my motivation back. I'm a slow grower and suffering from anemia doesn't help my case either. To be honest, the July picture is the longest my hair has ever been, :yep:. I will not be able to make BSL this year but APL is within range.

I had DH taken the following picture tonight. I rarely take stretched hair pictures because I want my hair to be at that length when flat ironed but had to do it because I started applying a sulfur mix and needed a starting picture. So here is my length as of tonight. It looks like I'm APL but I want to be at #4 on my length check t-shirt by Christmas. So hopefully, the sulfur will boost the growth, :grin:

Attachments

• Oct 7th 2.jpg
    Oct 7th 2.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 85

hairqueen7

Someone please help my whole entire hairline plus edges are thinning not breaking thinning, and I have a huge bald spot in between my temple area please tell me what to do.

ForumRunner_20131008_004602.jpg

snoop

So I wore my hair in a fro this weekend. Unfortunately, I haven't yet braided it up. I'm dreading having to detangle (pun intended). I think I'll jump into the shower this morning and cowash with some almond and macadamia oil added.

tapioca_pudding

I used a new brand of color and omg I'm having issues.. :nono: *kicking and screaming* WHY did I do that?!?? :wallbash: I'm giving it a lot of moisture this week then I'll do a hard protein treatment over the weekend. I'm hoping I wont' have to cut.

snoop

So I wore my hair in a fro this weekend. Unfortunately, I haven't yet braided it up. I'm dreading having to detangle (pun intended). I think I'll jump into the shower this morning and cowash with some almond and macadamia oil added.

It was really easy to detangle and probably the least amount of hair lost in a long time. Last wash I'd detangled before AND after the wash. It seems to have helped a lot.

beautyintheyes

I got a trim and now my sides are back to cbl and I'm an inch away from apl in the back so idk were I'm going to be at the end of the year but I'm gladthat I have blunt ends and its healthy

snoop

Washed with Mud Puddle Mud Wash today. Kept it on ALL day. Now my hair feels soggy and my scalp is super flaky which which hasn't happened in years. I'm hoping that by the morning my hair will be dry and back to normal.

Might DC tomorrow and do an oil rinse for my scalp.

yaya24

This has been such a lazy hair week. Monday I did a protein treatment on dry hair for a few hours then hopped in the shower, shampooed and then did a quick condition with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny daily treatment.

After the shower, I used my leave ins and then did a thorough detangling session with my hairsense bone comb.

After detangling, I added additional moisturizer and then sealed and have been rocking a top bun all week.

I do not think I have even done a moisturize and seal session since my Monday evening wash. :blush3:

I am planning on doing a prepoo-cowash-DC session tonight and then next week I am back to cowashing daily.

alanaturelle

I did a yogurt protein treatment last night that I washed out this morning. Then I shampooed, applied my deep conditioner. And I've just finished my wash day with detangling, rinsing out the DC, and braided my hair in six plaits.

snoop

Washed with Mud Puddle Mud Wash today. Kept it on ALL day. Now my hair feels soggy and my scalp is super flaky which which hasn't happened in years. I'm hoping that by the morning my hair will be dry and back to normal.

Might DC tomorrow and do an oil rinse for my scalp.

My scalp wasn't as dry and flaky this morning and my hair not as soggy. I won't be leaving it wet for that long again, if I can help it. I moisturized and detangled this evening, so I'm hoping my hair will be back to normal within the next day or two.

yaya24

Just finished my wash routine.
Re-evaluating my protein treatments. Really thinking about only doing them 1st wash post TU & 1 week before before TU.

I want to ask my stylist if during the next TU, I can leave with the final neutralizing shampoo still in my hair... so I can rinse it out & handle the rest at home. :scratchch

I'm sure she is going to think I'm crazy... but its my hair.
I have some time to decide how I'm going to explain it to her lol.

BEAUTYU2U

I don't know why but I thought there was one this month lol. Yay cause I was dreading doing one

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

There was :lol: in September. I dreaded this last one too. I don't think I've retained at all this year. I'm about ready to put this hair up for awhile.

mbib0002

image-1468884194.jpg

Length check from August 3rd to October 10. I used the mole on my back (upper left) as a marker for comparison :yep:

Wore weaves and braids for most of my adult life while trying to grow my hair out, hair grew but continued to break and thin out, and had a few setbacks form braiders and "weaveologists". Decided to wear my real hair out since July 5, 2013, and so far I don't think I'm doing bad :). Had ALOT of breakage initially, but I think I've finally learned to deal with my hair daily.

Since July 5th, I wash, condition, blowdry, then flatiron with my sedu 1 to 2 times a week (usually Wednesdays and Sundays). My goal is to relax every 6 weeks. I've done touch-ups twice since July 5: once I relaxed at 5 weeks and once at 7 weeks.

Last edited:

pearlific1

I had a lovely hair pampering day yesterday. I had a good detangling session prior to clarifying my hair. I followed with an aphogee 2step protein treatment and DC'd overnight. My hair feels lovely. I will moisturize, seal, and bun for the workweek.

I haven't noticed any spectacular growth and retention but hopefully there will be something to show in Dec.

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
It's been 3 weeks since I got my twists. What I don't understand is why my hair can be so soft and moisturized in twists but so hard and dry when loose?? My new growth is pretty soft and moisturized... Still not sure if I will make APL this year...

And sew ins will be my choice of ps from here on out more than likely.. I can see that the twists have put a bit of strain on my edges even though they werent super tight.

Last edited:

yaya24

Did an overnight prepoo with parachute coconut oil.
I will shampoo and do a fenugreek mix DC for 30 minutes under heat today.

This weeks game plan: Cowashing nightly & bunning all week.

I started hardcore bunning in August & my hair is singing its praise.
Once the weather gets cold, I'll be back to my wig regimen... But I think I will cowash year round.

snoop

Just came back from Thanksgiving Dinner (yay Canada!) and I was fully weave checked!!! I'd read posts on here where people complained about having it done to them, but I was sure they meant subtle eyeing or something. I on the other hand had full-hand-massages-looking-for-the-tracks! Heh! I like the person so I don't care, but it totally caught me off guard. Especially since I'd just told them that it was all real. (Secretly: It made me feel good! Like my efforts are being appreciated by someone other than myself.) :lol:

I sprayed it this morning with water/Giovanni 50-50 spritz, but other than that I hadn't moisturized since Friday. My hair is so soft! Hopefully, I can maintain this softness through the winter.