Setting to Success 2013

Blairx0

All rolled up and under thw dryer. I am trying a new serum this week and incorporated a protein spray I found in the back of the closet. I will post result later this afternoon!

Blairx0

ForumRunner_20131026_175454.jpg

ForumRunner_20131026_175504.jpg

Rollers are out. I have no errands to run, so I threw it into about 8 or 9 braids for a curly braid out!

Love the versatility of stretched hair

Blairx0

All rolled up and under the dryer. I may do an hour under and then air dry the rest. I'm already hungry and this timer just started.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Blairx0 When you take out the curls, how do you do that so that it doesn't mess up your hair? You just use the rollers to stretch your hair to do other styles with the stretched hair right? Not really to wear it out?

Blairx0

Blairx0 When you take out the curls, how do you do that so that it doesn't mess up your hair? You just use the rollers to stretch your hair to do other styles with the stretched hair right? Not really to wear it out?

Let me try to answer:

When I take the rollers out I uncoil them. So I basically do the process in reverse. This keeps them intact. I prefer this for sectioning purposes.

I use rollers primarily for strecthing. If there is no humidity out then I can wear the curls. I have done this maybe twice. I am still on the for a holding product that allows the curls to last.

My go to style is a bun because I am into PS for the moment. But I will also rock a twist out or a braid out. I can occasionally flat iron the roots and wear it down either on curls or some other style.

I have pillow rollers and flexi rods that I bust out when I want to persevere the curls because I haven't mastered pin curls.

Hope that covers it. How are your sets going?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Let me try to answer:

When I take the rollers out I uncoil them. So I basically do the process in reverse. This keeps them intact. I prefer this for sectioning purposes.

I use rollers primarily for strecthing. If there is no humidity out then I can wear the curls. I have done this maybe twice. I am still on the for a holding product that allows the curls to last.

My go to style is a bun because I am into PS for the moment. But I will also rock a twist out or a braid out. I can occasionally flat iron the roots and wear it down either on curls or some other style.

I have pillow rollers and flexi rods that I bust out when I want to persevere the curls because I haven't mastered pin curls.

Hope that covers it. How are your sets going?

Thanks. That makes sense. I think I will use them to stretch as well. I had to readjust my expectations. :look: Anyway, I haven't sent in about a month and a half. I have been pretty lazy. I will try it again toward the end of the month. I will use the sets to stretch out my hair once a month and do some cute twist out styles etc.

Blairx0

Thanks. That makes sense. I think I will use them to stretch as well. I had to readjust my expectations. :look: Anyway, I haven't sent in about a month and a half. I have been pretty lazy. I will try it again toward the end of the month. I will use the sets to stretch out my hair once a month and do some cute twist out styles etc.

Readjust your expectations will give you new life when it comes to setting.

I know my sets will never be liked relaxed ladies, but that okay because I am natural for a reason. Having the freedom to style my natural hair up or down, big or flat, is all the expectation I can have. It is more about Rollerseting giving me that freedom as opposed to giving me a style.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Readjust your expectations will give you new life when it comes to setting.

I know my sets will never be liked relaxed ladies, but that okay because I am natural for a reason. Having the freedom to style my natural hair up or down, big or flat, is all the expectation I can have. It is more about Rollerseting giving me that freedom as opposed to giving me a style.

Girl, my sets will never be like relaxed ladies and I'm still processed. My hair is big all the time, thats why i wear buns all the time. Wearing my hair down is not the move for me.

back2relaxed

Rollersetting weekly at the moment. Set out on gray, purple, and black rollers on Friday night pin curled. I'll probably end up in a bun by weeks end.

theprototype

My Gold N Hot tabletop dryer stopped working a couple of weeks ago, so have been airdrying. Really missing my weekly rollersets. :(

Ordered the Babyliss Ion Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer on Amazon tonight. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Lissa0821

I am weekly rollersetting as usual and I used Nairobi foam wrap lotion for the last set. I am in love!!!!! I have rediscovered my Holy Grail foam wrap lotion for my rollersets.

Babygrowth

Hey ladies. Did the nairobi foam make anyone elses hair hard to come thru? It tangled my hair. Between having the wrong size rollers and the product that used to work not work anymore I gave up but next year I'm back in.

back2relaxed

I am weekly rollersetting as usual and I used Nairobi foam wrap lotion for the last set. I am in love!!!!! I have rediscovered my Holy Grail foam wrap lotion for my rollersets.

Lissa0821 how would you say your hair feels in comparison to the foam you were using before, and what foam was that. I love Nairobi foam, it is just sooo dang expensive. It does last forever and is super moisturizing. I like my sets to have some hold to them though, do you think that Nairobi provides any hold or just shine and moisture?

Lissa0821

@Lissa0821 how would you say your hair feels in comparison to the foam you were using before, and what foam was that. I love Nairobi foam, it is just sooo dang expensive. It does last forever and is super moisturizing. I like my sets to have some hold to them though, do you think that Nairobi provides any hold or just shine and moisture?

back2relaxed I was using the Bonner Brothers foam wrap, which I liked because it detangled my hair so easily. But my curls would fall a little more than I liked on day one and my ends would start to get dry by day three. I got the Nairboi from Amazon for $11.00 ( I think it was $7 plus 4 shipping) the other day. It really has kept my hair soft, moisturized since day one. I can easily comb through the curls and they keep formation, a little too well. I think Nairobi has a better hold, softness and shine compared to Bonner Brothers foam wrap. That will be my back up whenever I am low on Nairobi.

Lissa0821

Nairobi…. Y'all got me wanting to try it, but y'all know I love me some CHI Silk Infusion.

I like the shine and the smell of Chi Fusion but I can't moisturize and seal when I have it on my ends. It created a barrier that nothing could get through other than to wash it out.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I like the shine and the smell of Chi Fusion but I can't moisturize and seal when I have it on my ends. It created a barrier that nothing could get through other than to wash it out.

Really? I am heavy handed with that stuff and still can. It's the only thing that works on my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF