APL`13 Challenge

yuhlovevybz

One more inch.... lately leaving it the heck alone has helped me. I checked it one day and was shocked to see it soooo close to my towel (I usre a towel to measure). So I'm thinking two more months if my hair grows on average, and I'll hit the jackpot, but I still have until january! Fingers crossed that I make it, I don't think my hair has been APL since middle school o_O

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Well I am getting senegalese twists tomorrow at 7 am. I decided to do something different instead of my sew in. Im going to leave these up for at least 2 months.. maybe with a retouch, maybe 3 months. We shall see.. but no more trimming and no more manipulation of my real hair for the remainder of this year.... almost. Lol

Danette1014

Today is a good day for cutting according to the lunar calendar. I will do a light dusting later today. Anyone else trimming today for growth?

WhereItsAt

Well my senegalese twists are finally in and I'm loving them! Now I have a headache but I havent had braids or anything close to them in a long time. My head is sore but not super sore and they were mindful of my edges. They are small and very neat.

The ladies did a good job! Lets grow, grow, grow!!!

IslandMummy

Well my senegalese twists are finally in and I'm loving them! Now I have a headache but I havent had braids or anything close to them in a long time. My head is sore but not super sore and they were mindful of my edges. They are small and very neat. The ladies did a good job! Lets grow, grow, grow!!!

Pictures por favor

My hubner silica gel came today, I just ordered it yesterday, gotta love Amazon

WhereItsAt

A couple of pics of my senegalese twists

ForumRunner_20130921_173859.jpg

ForumRunner_20130921_173916.jpg

Wasnt trying to post the same one twice but it wont delete from my post for some reason.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130921_173709.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130921_173709.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20130921_173745.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130921_173745.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

apple_natural

yep love the length too

--

tried my new keracare humecto (bottle because i wasn't going to invest in the tub just yet). I liked it a lot. I cowashed with Roux porosity control conditioner and dc with the humecto. I didn't use heat only because i was busy. it was on for about the 20 mins that it recommends. my hair loves pH balancing things. i did not seal my dc with oil. i also did not follow up with aloe vera juice. it was still fabulous. i put some chi silk infusion on it before blowing it out. it was a super easy blow out. idk if i'll straighten or leave it in a bun until i braid it up... which should be as soon as the braid hair is in stock at the store and i can find the time.

snoop

Washed my hair this morning in mini braids and then put it in a pony tail to keep my ends from snagging on anything. I took down the pony about an hour ago and it wasn't dry. Go figure. Almost dry now, thankfully.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
apple_natural

I use the Keracare in the tub weekly (still add my fenugreek, cassia and oils) & it is wonderful!! Even without the additions its a really great conditioner.

I was scared about buying a tub that large without first trying it out, but I have no complaints.

tapioca_pudding

Bought a Kerastase leave in to try. I'm excited.

I dusted my ends yesterday and now I feel like my hair is mad short lol. I feel like I need to do a length check just to verify that my hair is okay. :lol:

WhereItsAt

Thanks everyone! So far so good. Low maintenance! I just started back taking my multivitamin. So I guess I'll just wait on my hair to grow... lol

gvin89

I need to get back to streaming and drop conditioning. I need to trim my ends. Experiencing a little post partum shedding. Still protective styling.

yaya24

I have decided to skip any form of direct heat for the rest of the year.

I have only used a flat iron a total of 3Xs this year (I actually have 1 more heat pass for the year), but I have decided to forfeit my final pass in the name of all things hair retention.

Wish me luck! This will really be a challenge since I had originally planned on using heat in 2 weeks for my birthday.

apple_natural

i hate feeling and seeing my ends. i'm an end nazi i think. i cannot tolerate one split end or knot. honestly, i need to do a good dusting, but i'm afraid of the center back of my hair because it feels awful. it got the brunt of me not tying my hair up in my kinky twists laying on my back. i think i have a setback in that section. im going to have to get rid of it, though, and just put it in braids to ignore it. it feels bad.

apple_natural

3 hrs and a severed thumb later... i've clipped. dont think theres really much of a difference actually. can't tell completely though because i haven't straightened completely. i'm going to keep it out for pictures that hubby and i are getting taken in a week, then braiding this stuff back up. this weekend im making satin pillowcases

ChannieBoo3

My new growth has crept up on me , and leave it to me not to have any products to soften it up . I need a good leave-in and a spray applicator bottle ASAP !

pearlific1

Don't we have a check in coming up in the next couple of days?

I've been keeping my hair out of sight for the last month by wearing buns daily. I still think I have about 2" to go before I reach APL. I may have a few strands grazing it by Dec and should def be there or slightly past APL by April. I'm claiming it. :yep:

yaya24

I did a major search and destroy dusting session last night.

I turned on the Food network and spent 2 hours clipping away at any visible splits and distressed ends.

Question for you ladies: Do you trim off your fairy knots?

I opted against do it last night. I focused on my ends only and trimming off any knots would have resulted in a trim vs a dusting.

apple_natural

@yaya24 great question. i definitely do. i think that one knot leads to more knots, but im not too sure that its the most reasonable approach for retaining in the long run. and i have to face it that i'm going to have them. i just dont want to feel a lot i guess.