APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

polished07 said:
Hey ladies hope everyone's week is off to a great start ;-) I'm braided up and wigging it until further notice I wanted a short cut so I bought one lol so far me likey!

Anybody on mfp or instagram? I'm back at trying to lose these last Lil 15 lbs I fell off when school started in May my name on mfp is polished07 on IG it's sweetfaceluxe but I'm really random on there lol

I'm on Instagram and trust me...I'm random too! :lol:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

growbaby

Omg I wana follow you guys on Instagram!! My name is Simplytrish on there :)

I'm extra random on there as well lol

mscece1

Ok so here goes, six month progress pic in my journal I'm still trying to figure out how to post here in the thread. I'm using my phone so bear with me

mscece1

OK, so finally here is my six month progress pics.

Attachments

• user56987_pic115689_1341975556.jpg
    user56987_pic115689_1341975556.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 44
  • user56987_pic112139_1328587479.jpg
    user56987_pic112139_1328587479.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 48

mami2010

ronie
I got my hair accessory from a store in south America called giftland, where I am now living.. Soon I will be visiting my mom in the states so I can get some more. Sometimes it's hard finding things here on south America. Most of my hair products I have to ship in when I visit the states.

Last edited:

The Princess

afroette said:
do you ladies know of an alternative to oils for sealing? i tried reg castor oil, JBCO, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. I think they are all too much for my hair. Should I use some sort of butter?

ETA: I need something lighter than oil. I am going to try Chi Silk infusion.

Have you tried safflower oil. I hear it's really light but still pack a punch with nutrients.

I will be trying that next.

Olive oil was to heavy. I'm using African best hair oil and I like it alot, very light.

The Princess

mami2010 said:
Well ladies I will be dedicated to protective styling for the next few months.

Here is my first time putting my hair in a bun, I think I like it because its so easy and quick to do.

Nice bun. I like the flower too.

NikkiQ

I'm snquinn on Instagram ladies. Just a warning. Lots of pics of my puppies :lol:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

kittenz

I just started using JBCO mixed w/ my Argon oil. So far I luv it. It's been controlling the itch. The brand that I have is Tropical Isle. I ordered it from Amazon. Where did you get yours from?
pelohello I got my bottle from a local BSS it's Tropic Isle too (unless Tropical Isle is different). I love how thick it is although I think I was being paranoid about my edges the other day :look::lol:

lovebug10

Laaadddieeeesss !!

I'm struggling over here :( My SL hair is NOT RETAINING! I've been bunning everyday. I M&S almost every night. I try to tie it up ina satin or silk scarf. Sometimes I forget or sometimes it comes off. But for the most part I'm doing a good job.

I apply Bee Mine Sulfur Serum about 1-2 times a week (I don't like the smell so I don't use it more often). I experience lots of shedding and some breakage. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

I think I just might give up and not care anymore. And if my hair grows then great. But if not then its whatever.

Hyacinthe

mscece1 said:
OK, so finally here is my six month progress pics.

Your hair is gorge.
Did you trim or dust during the 6 mnths cuz ur ends have made such a great turnaround.
My hair is looking how yours looked before and I have decided to trim.
Do you think I should wait and see if the lead hair theory is true.

Healthy hair is what I long 4

Hyacinthe

lovebug10 said:
Laaadddieeeesss !!

I'm struggling over here :( My SL hair is NOT RETAINING! I've been bunning everyday. I M&S almost every night. I try to tie it up ina satin or silk scarf. Sometimes I forget or sometimes it comes off. But for the most part I'm doing a good job.

I apply Bee Mine Sulfur Serum about 1-2 times a week (I don't like the smell so I don't use it more often). I experience lots of shedding and some breakage. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

I think I just might give up and not care anymore. And if my hair grows then great. But if not then its whatever.

Have you tried a protein treatment ?

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

NikkiQ

Laaadddieeeesss !!

Can you list the rest of your reggie and the products you use lovebug10? We gotta get to the bottom of this!

lovebug10

Can you list the rest of your reggie and the products you use lovebug10? We gotta get to the bottom of this!

NikkiQ
Reggie:
-Wash 1x a week currently using Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo & the Matching Conditioner. Sometimes I use Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair and the balancing moisturizer afterwards

-After Wash I rollerset 90% of the time using Paul mitchell leave in conditioner & paul mitchell super skinny serum. I don't really experience much breakage from rollersetting. I end up with less shed hairs after rollersetting than if I air dry

-List of Moisturizers I currently use: HE LTR, Hairveda Whipped Ends

-List of Oils/ serums I currently use: Hairveda Vatika frosting, organix macadamia styling oil, organix anti breakage coconut serum, hot six oil, argan magic argan oil

-Topical Treatments/ Growth aids: Bee Mine Oil w/ sulfur about 1-2x per week & i take biotin, hair skin nails & fish oil pills whenever I rememeber but I'm trying to get better at taking them every day

-Protein Treatments - APhogee 2 step, Aphogee 2 min (did the 2 step protein after my relaxer and also 2 weeks after that I used the aphogee 2 min because I felt like my hair was mushy)

-Other DC - ORS Replenishing pak (havent used in a while), macadamia natural oil deep repair masque (haven't used in a while)

I usually relax every 12-15 weeks. I don't use direct heat EVER... I dont even own a blowdryer or a flat iron. I trim my own ends but its hard because its all different lengths and I have shorter pieces near the crown with some breakage. My last trim was around April/ May

I know my hair is growing because I get a lot of NG but the length is staying the same so I am getting zero retention. I dyed my hair about 1.5 yrs ago and its all grown out to about SL but the ends still have some color damage.

I moisturize and seal at least 1 time a day. I am guilty of sometimes not sleeping with a scarf or when I do it comes off. I have been wearing high buns & sometimes low buns everyday. And I only wore my hair "down" 3 times since may

lovebug10 is your hair dry? Breaking? How often are you trimming. And everything nikkyq stated we need ur reggie:)

lamaria211
It seems dry, there are long breakage, short breakage, and long pieces of shed hair. I last trime in april/ may. I trimmed myself. I haven't gotten a professional trim in a while.

lovebug10

lamaria211 I'm sorry but I dont know what wet bunning is. Can you explain what it means?

I usually wash my hair 1x per week and then rollerset. After that I style into a bun for the rest of the week. That is the only time my hair gets wet. I never wet my hair and then bun right after.

lamaria211

lovebug10 said:
lamaria211 I'm sorry but I dont know what wet bunning is. Can you explain what it means?

I usually wash my hair 1x per week and then rollerset. After that I style into a bun for the rest of the week. That is the only time my hair gets wet. I never wet my hair and then bun right after.

Oh im sorry I misread your ealier post:)
Are there sulfates in your poo?

Last edited:

mscece1

Your hair is gorge.
Did you trim or dust during the 6 mnths cuz ur ends have made such a great turnaround.
My hair is looking how yours looked before and I have decided to trim.
Do you think I should wait and see if the lead hair theory is true.

The lead hair theory is so true. I was the biggest skeptic but when my hair broke off I refused to cut it anymore than I already had. I S&D all the splits i could. My friend dusted my hair last week. One side is still longer than the other but it will all catch I hope. I would wait before trimming maybe dust the ends a little or S&D. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

Reggie:
-Wash 1x a week currently using Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo & the Matching Conditioner. Sometimes I use Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair and the balancing moisturizer afterwards

-After Wash I rollerset 90% of the time using Paul mitchell leave in conditioner & paul mitchell super skinny serum. I don't really experience much breakage from rollersetting. I end up with less shed hairs after rollersetting than if I air dry

-List of Oils/ serums I currently use: Hairveda Vatika frosting, organix macadamia styling oil, organix anti breakage coconut serum, hot six oil, argan magic argan oil

-Topical Treatments/ Growth aids: Bee Mine Oil w/ sulfur about 1-2x per week & i take biotin, hair skin nails & fish oil pills whenever I rememeber but I'm trying to get better at taking them every day

-Protein Treatments - APhogee 2 step, Aphogee 2 min (did the 2 step protein after my relaxer and also 2 weeks after that I used the aphogee 2 min because I felt like my hair was mushy)

-Other DC - ORS Replenishing pak (havent used in a while), macadamia natural oil deep repair masque (haven't used in a while)

I usually relax every 12-15 weeks. I don't use direct heat EVER... I dont even own a blowdryer or a flat iron. I trim my own ends but its hard because its all different lengths and I have shorter pieces near the crown with some breakage. My last trim was around April/ May

I know my hair is growing because I get a lot of NG but the length is staying the same so I am getting zero retention. I dyed my hair about 1.5 yrs ago and its all grown out to about SL but the ends still have some color damage.

I moisturize and seal at least 1 time a day. I am guilty of sometimes not sleeping with a scarf or when I do it comes off. I have been wearing high buns & sometimes low buns everyday. And I only wore my hair "down" 3 times since may
QUOTE]

@lovebug10 ~ I am happy to hear that you notice your hair is growing so you know you WILL have long flowing locks ... now, we need to figure out if the bunning is a protective enough style for your hair at this stage.

When I read your post, all I kept thinking was 'hard protein treatment needed stat' but it seems like you have done that. :ohwell: For clarification, when was the last time you did a hard protein like Aphogee 2 step? I know it was after your last relaxer but I am uncertain of when that was. I was getting a bunch of broken hair (while PSing with wigs in June) and realized I was not giving my hair enough protein. What do you think about the possibility of giving yourself another 'hard' protein treatment and doing a lighter one on your wash days to improve the moisture/protein balance of your hair?

In reference to the buns ... do you think a style that allows you to have your hair put away (twists/braids) would be a wise choice until your hair gets in the state that you would like it to be in? I wonder if the daily manipulation of taking the bun down, moisturizing, and sealing is making your hair mad.

{{These are just random shots in the dark ... }}

Oh ... I had to edit to post so I can type what just hit me. Do you think the breakage could be related to a porosity issue? I had (maybe I still do, Ion know) porosity issues-- overly-porous hair that would break, break, break. I began using Roux Shampoo/Conditioner for porosity control and it worked wonders for me. Nonetheless, I hope this helps and that you are able to find a remedy to the breakage. :yep:

Last edited:

NikkiQ

@NikkiQ
Reggie:

@lamaria211
It seems dry, there are long breakage, short breakage, and long pieces of shed hair. I last trime in april/ may. I trimmed myself. I haven't gotten a professional trim in a while.

How often do you do an actual moisturizing DC? I'm seeing lots of protein treatments and not many moisture treatments