Blow Drying Support Thread

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by LiLi, Dec 31, 2018.

1. faithVA

faithVA Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Yay, I'm glad it worked for you.

2. leona2025

leona2025 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This is the one I use. I detangle with a wide toooth comb first and then use the dryer. I dont detangle with the actual brush.

One step

TopShelf likes this.
  3. icsonia22

icsonia22 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    My hair has gotten bigger since blowing it out but it's still super stretched IMG_20190518_122212-612x816.jpg IMG_20190518_122327-1008x756.jpg
    The undercut part of my hair grows the slowest but at least now it's long enough to be elongated by the revair. I would probably give up on my hair if it weren't for blow drying. It's cuts down the time I spend having to do my hair and I rarely ever find a single strand knot nowadays

prettyinpurple, faithVA, LiLi and 4 others like this.
  4. LadyRaider

LadyRaider Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Does anyone use the Soleil heat brush? Do you think it's better for your hair than a flat iron?

faithVA likes this.
  5. Prettymetty

Prettymetty Natural/4b/medium-coarse

Blog Posts:
    I know straighteners have a shelf life, but what about blow dryers. I’ve had mine for a few years. It was only $20 at the grocery store. I think I may need to replace it. Replacing my iron was a major key. My hair hasn’t been this sleek in years. Literally

faithVA, LiLi, rileypak and 2 others like this.
  6. TopShelf

TopShelf Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal

Blog Posts:
    thank you, I just bought and used it today.
    I used the TGIN green tea leave in (found at Marshalls) and the Shea Moisture smooth and tame thermo protect milk. It was an awesome trio!!!!

7. icsonia22

Blog Posts:
    Anyone else blow out there hair and realize later on in the day that your hair has collected stuff that you were unaware of? I walked under a tree and apparently came out with a head full of small flowers that my sister in law had to tell me about

8. LiLi

LiLi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    That is so funny! I am just scared of bugs flying in my hair. Lol.

9. icsonia22

Blog Posts:
    Is blow drying still working for everyone? Anyone have any setbacks? I feel like for me it just keeps getting better and better. My hair is reaching new lengths and I'm discovering new ways to keep moisture in my blown out hair for several days without reversion.

LiLi and imaginary like this.
  10. Dayjoy

Dayjoy Old School Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    I’m still blow drying. I like the convenience of it. One problem is that my roots don’t seem to get as stretched and the rest of the length. Then with the heat and working out it’s almost like new growth with a relaxer. It also seems like by the time I finish my last section of hair the first has gotten frizzy. I love feeling like there is less damage to my hair though. I haven’t straightened my hair so I’m not sure if I’ve had growth or not. So @icsonia22 what are you using to prevent reversion?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    LiLi, prettyinpurple and icsonia22 like this.
  11. icsonia22

Blog Posts:
    When I first blew out my hair I used tgin green tea leave in and sealed it in with whipped Shea butter. I felt like my hair was a little dry after a few days so I sprayed some s curl activator spray on my hands and scrunched it into my plats with tgin buttercream daily moisturizer before sealing the moisture in with whipped Shea butter. Both products have glycerin so I was expecting my braid out to poof up and lose definition but surprisingly it never did. My hair felt so soft and moisturized and the definition remained. Maybe squeezing the products in versus completely saturating my hair made a difference in my hair not reverting.

12. Dayjoy

Dayjoy Old School Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Ooh, thanks! Great advice!

icsonia22 likes this.
  13. imaginary

imaginary Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Awesome advice!

I've been blowdrying with my Revlon brush between cool and low. It's been great for manageability and I really don't see me going back to the rollers life anytime soon. The only time it feels damaging is when I put it on Hot and then it feel like I'm baking my hair off.

I still really dislike that the whole blowdryer is a brush, I wish they had just made it with attachments, so that when the bristles get all bent and weird it could be changed out. It'd also be nice if they had bristles without the pins at the end. Kind of like the Dyson kind but without the Dyson price tag.

LiLi, Dayjoy and icsonia22 like this.
  14. Fine 4s

Fine 4s Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I used the RevAir for the first time on Wednesday and fell in love. The process was so easy I can’t wait to do it again.
    I sectioned, applied AphoGee spray and heat protectant, set the dryer to 5 and let it do its thang. In.love. Might keep my hair straight going forward. ETA- It's still easier for me to keep it in twists. I feel like I actually have to STYLE my hair when it's straighter.
    Anyone seeing heat damager with blowdrying? I'm paranoid. My set back set me back way back for years....

Image-1.jpg

Yay I know how to resize pics now!
    Here are the after trim pic...trim cost me $100. I got GOT....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  15. LiLi

LiLi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It’s working great for me. I have only been using it twice a month but I plan to start using it more again because my hair doesn’t break as much when I blow dry vs. when air drying.

16. icsonia22

Blog Posts:
    That's a whole lot of gorgeous hair!!! I have experienced absolutely no heat damage. I just took this photo a little over a week ago and I've been using the revair since December 2018. I normally never let my hair shrink but I got lazy after giving birth. I'm going to incorporate more strong protein treatments since my individual strands are fine but that's moreso a preventative measure.

Attached Files:

GraceandJoy, rileypak, Dayjoy and 3 others like this.
  17. Fine 4s

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the confirmation. I get nervous, my hair is fine too (hence the name :)

18. Fine 4s

Blog Posts:
    I suspect this might be true for me as well.
    Oh snap, operation full WL in full effect!!!!
    I still want a wig.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  19. imaginary

imaginary Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Beautiful hair!

Fine 4s and GGsKin like this.
  20. Colocha

Colocha acne cream and afro dreams

Blog Posts:
    Popping in to say that I still love blow drying.

I still use the RevAir. I use high heat and a tension of 4 or 5 now, which gets my hair straight but not dry-feeling.

I flat ironed (on like 365) with blow drying every week for maybe a month or two (I don't remember). Never got any heat damage.

Got bored and started trying wash and goes and did that for maybe 3 weeks (again I don't remember). That messed up my hair as predicted and I just trimmed, detangled and kept it going.

Back to blow drying (still RevAir) and flat ironing. I did 450 this time around and have been maintaining for a little over a week. My hair hasn't reverted much at all despite the summer heat.

I attribute that to aveda's simply straight line, and paul mitchell super skinny. For water-based mositurizer I used another product from the paul mitchell smoothing line and keracare overnight masque. I also keep my hair in a little bun like 99% of the time. I gel my flyaways with a tiny bit of ecostyler and the very edges with got2b glued, and that has the very top of my hair a little wavy but it's nothing much.