BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

silenttullip

Great progress ladies, I was sleeping on this thread but I'm still trying to get bsl. I think in the back I'm almost there. I'll post a length check in june.

Seamonster

You guys progress is amazing!!! I dont know if I should stay in this challenge now after my trim and after seeing all these length checks. Im not even sure I'll make bsl this year now. I have to get back to APL first which is about a good two inches away. But at least this time I make APL my front will most likely be SL.

Girl, I know how you feel. I was getting my courage up. :blush: Looked at all these long haired Women, and quickly put my shoulder length hair into a protective hairstyle :look:

KurlyNinja

So i figured that if im going to keep using my WnGs as my go to style that i should step my product game up. Used Giovanni products for the first time tonight. I used smooth as silk shampoo which I LOVE. It actually worked as a great detangler as well as a cleanser. I also used the 50:50 conditioner as well but I used it as a leave in. I made some flaxseed gel tonight and used it to plop my hair. My hair feels super moisturized and looks great so far. My hair isn't 100% dry yet but I can already tell that my hair looks different than normal. And my curls are actually clumping together and weighed down. I think I'm going to keep using flaxseed gel and Giovanni products.

ProtectiveStyling

Hey ladies, here are some update pics. Im thinking about doing a trim this tuesday. I may cut 1/2 inch since i havent trimmed since my 2 inch cut beginning of january. The first pic is my hair now and the second is from last month when i made APL again. :yep:

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2012-03-30 23.40.13.jpg
    2012-03-30 23.40.13.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 85

CurlsBazillion

Checking in, gonna try out something new to replace joico k-pak reconstructor in my regimen. I'm trying henna tonight for the first time...I have no idea what I'm doing and I hope my hair benefits from this. I really wanted to try Cassia Obovata but my mom only had regular henna on hand (whatever that meant). Well I'm off to read a few henna threads and watch some yt vids!

DivaJones

Sorry ladies I missed the check in but I have Singalese Twist and I am hiding my hair until My BIRTHDAY 10-11-12 So pray for me that I make BSL!!!

SmilingElephant

Here's my lenf check:grin:

I flat ironed with a heat protectant and Crisco on Thursday...this pic was taken yesterday. And i live in Florida so...i think my hair is holding up pretty well!:D

Its also posted in my album if you want to see closer...for some reason it won't let me attach it.:perplexed

sajjy

I'll working toward BSL on the sidelines since I didn't join in january I honestly didn't think I'd retain APL this year. I'd get really close in the prior years and then experience a set back. I'm hoping to be full APL by June... here's my current length[URL=http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/24_148/9_246/IMG_0666106.jpg][IMG]http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/24_148/9_246/IMG_0666106.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

ImanAdero

I don't want to break down... But I just might buy some new products soon! I just love the way Giovanni Direct Leave in makes my hair feel and my bottle seems to be running low.

I also need to make a hair Appointment with a Braider soon because I am looking like a troll doll out here with this messy but not protective bun lol.

I gotta get it together or I'll NEVER make it to BSL.

SincerelyBeautiful

image-1463934790.jpg

This is how the new "mini cut" turned out. I'm back at SL but I know I can still make my goals in due time. I'm getting ready to protective style like crazy. I have been praying on retaining some length. I will CONQUER lol

KurlyNinja

My siggy pic is my hair in a WnG after the cut I got. I have no heat damage from the straightening (thank God). I actually like the way the front looks about the same length as the back. I may go back at the end of the year and get a blunt cut to get rid of these natural layers. I love hair that's all one length.

naturalagain2

Just updating. I DC'd last night on dry hair with DB Pumpkin Seed condish and HV CoCasta Shikakai Oil for an hour. Then cowashed with WEN Cucumber Aloe. Then I did a flexi rod set. Thought I would enjoy this because next weekend my hair will be in braids for the summer.

Charla

Is APL in the front the same as APL in the back? I can't tell, and have no one to takes pics for me right now. When I pull down my nape-area hair, it reaches to about 1-1.5" above APL in the front.

On another note, my bang now reaches my chin!:yay:

RegaLady

WARNING: My brastrap is put up a little higher, so this is not the location it always is. I happened to be wearing my bra higher than usual this day:lol:

I still have about 3 inches to go to get to BSL.:spinning: I will trim sometime this fall. I am in box braids right now and I intend on wearing them the whole summer to retain length

Last edited:

Charla

Thanks, Seamonster! Guess it's time for braids to just hide it away and not stress about it! I skipped this April check-in, but I'll gear up good for the August one!

With all the exercise and topical growth aids I'm doing, I should at least have a flat stomach, reduced back fat and APL hair by then!:lachen:

ETA...I know this is crazy, and I know I'm a little obsessed today, but my baby took a pick for me, and I discovered that APL and BSB are really close together!:party:

To get to under the shoulder blade, which is below the bone knob (correct me if I'm wrong) is only about 2.5-3"!!!

So once I finally hit APL, this goal will be a snap!:yay::yay::yay:

So my obsession is over...for the moment:look:

Attachments

• IMG_3965.JPG
    IMG_3965.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Missdelicious1

UPDATE: I know I'm a little late for the April 30th update, but I wanted to wait for my relaxer today. Here's my update including progress pics from the beginning of my journey:

1st pic: My damaged APL hair in March 2011
2nd & 3rd pics: My hair after I cut off the damage on March 15th 2011; start of my hair journey.
4th pic: My starting pic for this challenge in Nov 2011
5th pic: Today's relaxer update :grin:

Attachments

• 3-2011.jpg
    3-2011.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 59
  • the cut4.JPG
    the cut4.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 45
  • the cut2.JPG
    the cut2.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 42
  • nov 2011.JPG
    nov 2011.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 44
  • may11relax.jpg
    may11relax.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 59

Skiggle

I'm officially tired of my hair. As it grows longer, I'm getting extra lazy. I'm surprised theres hair on my head.
Welp, today I got called a 'fake' natural, by another natural b/c I stay in braids/twists extension for most of the year. I was like wth? She told me I haven't bonded enough w/ my hair. All I could do is laugh in her face. Is this how others are acting now adays...its not 'that' serious....really.

faithVA

[USER=107337 said:
Skiggle[/USER];15919729]I'm officially tired of my hair. As it grows longer, I'm getting extra lazy. I'm surprised theres hair on my head.
Welp, today I got called a 'fake' natural, by another natural b/c I stay in braids/twists extension for most of the year. I was like wth? She told me I haven't bonded enough w/ my hair. All I could do is laugh in her face. Is this how others are acting now adays...its not 'that' serious....really.

Ok, so what do real naturals do during this bonding period? Is it legal? moral? can it be done in public? :lol:

How was she wearing her hair?

Glad you laughed because she really has a good sense of humor.

RegaLady

I'm officially tired of my hair. As it grows longer, I'm getting extra lazy. I'm surprised theres hair on my head.

What tha?! Well this natural thing is starting to be some sort of religion for some so:rolleyes:

MzSwift

Fortunately, the crazieis/extremists don't represent ALL naturals so it's cool. They'll be alright. I probably would've laughed too. I may have even added how it was a shame that she wasn't PSing more.

skraprchik

I'm dropping out of this challenge. I'm going to focus solely on even APL this year. I don't think I'd reach BSL before the end with the trimming I'll have to do.

Good luck everyone! I'll still lurk :yep:

Skiggle

What tha?! Well this natural thing is starting to be some sort of religion for some so:rolleyes:

I actually never met a militant natural until now.. All I can do is :nono:.

Ok, so what do real naturals do during this bonding period? Is it legal? moral? can it be done in public? :lol:

How was she wearing her hair?

Glad you laughed because she really has a good sense of humor.

I was at an unofficial hair meet up, my good buddy introduced me to some other naturals. I came for the experience....since down here in S.Florida being natural is still kinda a new thing.. so it was nice meeting other naturals too. But this group is too militant.

The "ring leader" the one who made the snarky comment was preaching about only using 6 products, being anti-weave and says when her hair breaks she breaks inside too.
I was like WTF at the last statement :perplexed:ohwell::lachen:, its like she's a slave to her hair. She was wearing a gorgeous chunky twist-out, I can't lie there!

Fortunately, the crazieis/extremists don't represent ALL naturals so it's cool. They'll be alright. I probably would've laughed too. I may have even added how it was a shame that she wasn't PSing more.

Too the bold, she actually doesn't believe in the quest for length.. I gave her the side coz all the popular YT'ers she mentioned as being her hair idol *naptural89,haircrush etc* all have long hair. She was a bit salty when another girl showed us progress frm APL to MBL. She mumbled something about the girl needing to trim her dead ends. *side eye*

All in all it was semi-decent experience, will I join them again..hellz no. I'll stick w/ the ladies of LHCF.:drunk:

faithVA

I actually never met a militant natural until now.. All I can do is :nono:.

I was at an unofficial hair meet up, my good buddy introduced me to some other naturals. I came for the experience....since down here in S.Florida being natural is still kinda a new thing.. so it was nice meeting other naturals too. But this group is too militant.

The "ring leader" the one who made the snarky comment was preaching about only using 6 products, being anti-weave and says when her hair breaks she breaks inside too.
I was like WTF at the last statement :perplexed:ohwell::lachen:, its like she's a slave to her hair. She was wearing a gorgeous chunky twist-out, I can't lie there!

Too the bold, she actually doesn't believe in the quest for length.. I gave her the side coz all the popular YT'ers she mentioned as being her hair idol *naptural89,haircrush etc* all have long hair. She was a bit salty when another girl showed us progress frm APL to MBL. She mumbled something about the girl needing to trim her dead ends. *side eye*

All in all it was semi-decent experience, will I join them again..hellz no. I'll stick w/ the ladies of LHCF.:drunk:

ooh I went to one of those but mine was an official meet-up. It was painful. People had attitudes, causes, stories, issues :look: I just wanted to know what to put on my hair. I wasn't trying to join any social movement :nono:

MzSwift

I have done Natural meetups with ladies from another board and we have a good time! We play in each others' hair and help to style. We go shopping for hair products. We talk hair. We eat, A LOT! We also update the other board members who couldn't make it. It's so cool to meet ladies from the board and to see hair in person that we've drooled over in pictures.

I don't think I would be interestd in a random meetup w/non-hairboard members. Because I feel like we know how to be serious about hair in a fun way -- it's a hobby. Lots of ladies who go natural without the hairboard, IME, seem to be the ones with the cause/movement mentality.