Buy Nothing til Jan 09 Challenge!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Checking in: I'm doing so well. I still have 2 passes left but I'll probably buy a Mason Pearson comb. I'm almost done with a bottle of CFCG that I've had since last year, a bottle of BB Oil Moisturizer, and my SO finished up my TJ Nourish Spa Shampoo.

You are doing fantastic! I have 1 pass left. I plan to use it this Friday to buy some stuff. I have used up everything I wanted to except my Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Shampoo. I should be done with it by the end of the month.

How is everyone else doing? The challenge is nearing the end.

flowinlocks

Ok I used another pass to order some herbs to make a tea rinse. Horsetail, Nettle, & Fenugreek. Whew, one more to go.............

loulou82

Thanks Shay. This challenge proves I can conquer my PJism if I want to. I ended up buying 3 Mason Pearson combs though. I can't be bothered with the mechanical damage caused by my cheap combs anymore.

One pass to go..

Butterfly08

1 pass left. I bought a Chi dryer but took it back and exchanged it for a FHI flat iron. So one more left. I think I will use it to get a FHI dryer. :yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I have been complaining about starting this challenge all over this board. I think the last little bit is getting to me....I hope I make it!

ajacks

The OCT deal may be my ultimate demise. A 12 oz bottle of OCT and a 6 oz bottle each of Color Therapy Shampoo & Creme Rinse for 54.95 when the bottle of OCT is usually 56.95 by itself. I wonder how long this deal is going to last.

loulou82

1 pass left. I bought a Chi dryer but took it back and exchanged it for a FHI flat iron. So one more left. I think I will use it to get a FHI dryer. :yep:

Let us know how you like the FHI. I want one but I'm waiting until next year to purchase it.

I have been complaining about starting this challenge all over this board. I think the last little bit is getting to me....I hope I make it!

I think the challenge was a good idea! It's not for the faint of heart though. :drunk:

Rapunzel*

i uses up my last pass
i brought pantene relaxed and natural from target and sweet almond oil from gnc it was a 16 oz for 6.95 couldnt pass it up i only had half oz of coconut oil and olive oil together:yep:

im gonna make it until jan 2009 oh yea i had brought 2 packs of black and gold for my singles too:grin:

loulou82

uPdAtE: I used up all my passes. I bought a conditioning cap, 2 bottles of my favorite oil, and a concentrator for my blow dryer. I messed up on my Mason Pearson order and have to exchange a comb. I mistakenly ordered two of the same and didn't purchase the one I really wanted in the first place.

Sooo... in 3 months I managed to only buy a blow dryer, a concentrator, 2 oils, a conditioning cap, a bag of rollers, and 3 combs.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
uPdAtE: I used up all my passes. I bought a conditioning cap, 2 bottles of my favorite oil, and a concentrator for my blow dryer. I messed up on my Mason Pearson order and have to exchange a comb. I mistakenly ordered two of the same and didn't purchase the one I really wanted in the first place.

Sooo... in 3 months I managed to only buy a blow dryer, a concentrator, 2 oils, a conditioning cap, a bag of rollers, and 3 combs.

As I've said before, great job!

I've used all of my passes as of yesterday. I have bought in the past 3 months: garlic pills, a ton of Hairveda stuff during the black Friday sale, Giovanni leave in, silk amino acids, and wheat protein. I'm very proud of myself and everyone in this challenge. I know I would have bought tons more if not for this challenge.

loulou82

I'm proud of all of us. This was a hard time for a Buy Nothing Challenge especially with Black Friday and Christmas sales going on. I've seen a lot of discounted products and it's very hard to resist not buying.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
^^Me too! All passes are gone for me and if I can just make it through the after Christmas sales I should be good to go :)!

Butterfly08

All my passes are gone. I got the FHI dryer. I tried it for just a sec so I can't say right now how much I like it. It was an incredible deal though - $64.95 for a $150 dryer. Now I just need a comb attachment that fits. I'm tellin' ya right now that if I find one I'll break the challenge. :look: I'm really desperate. :perplexed Other than that, this has been great. :yep:

SimpleKomplexity

I failed this so hard lol. I bought Bee Mine Some hair accessories GVP Shampoo Conditioner Serum and Leave In and a new shower comb Ohhh and some rollers

FLUNKEED

AtlantaJJ

LOL I can join now too. I am certain not to buy anything for my hair before Jan. 1st

Wait am I going to TJ Maxx on Friday....???

Perhaps I should hold off on that declaration..I'm fairly safe though but if I find some of that Amazon condish, all bets are off.

It's kind of mean and evil to have a don't buy challenge during the holiday Black Friday sales :nono:

nubiangoddess3

I'm soo proud of us, I didnt pay anything, just finishing up all the products have, but now I have a long list of things I'm getting.. (well just 4 things)

I promised myself in 09 I will only pay hair products once I'm finished with what I have.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
LOL I can join now too. I am certain not to buy anything for my hair before Jan. 1st

Wait am I going to TJ Maxx on Friday....???

Perhaps I should hold off on that declaration..I'm fairly safe though but if I find some of that Amazon condish, all bets are off.

It's kind of mean and evil to have a don't buy challenge during the holiday Black Friday sales :nono:

I used one of my 3 passes on Black Friday :grin:!! I was good to go.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm soo proud of us, I didnt pay anything, just finishing up all the products have, but now I have a long list of things I'm getting.. (well just 4 things)

I promised myself in 09 I will only pay hair products once I'm finished with what I have.

Not one thing!!! Good for you.

msdevo

Well ladies as the year comes to an end I am happy that I only used 1 pass. If it wasnt for that Black Friday sale I would have been 0 for 3 but it was well worth it. Congrats to all that succeeded and well wishes to those PJ's like me(2009 will be your year).

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Well ladies as the year comes to an end I am happy that I only used 1 pass. If it wasnt for that Black Friday sale I would have been 0 for 3 but it was well worth it. Congrats to all that succeeded and well wishes to those PJ's like me(2009 will be your year).

Only one pass. That is fantastic.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay ladies..................WE ARE DONE!!! The challenge is over. What's funny is I so knew I was gonna go crazy and buy up a whole bunch of stuff but I didn't. I just bought from Hairveda which was planned anyway. I haven't bought anything else yet.

msdevo

Congrats ladies!!! We all did a great job. I am so glad its January!! Off to buy my Hairveda...:grin::lachen::lachen::lick: