Buy Nothing til Jan 09 Challenge!

msdevo

Aww c'mon You can do it sis. YES YOU CAN!!!!

I just failed this challenge MISERABLY:cry3:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I went on a binge! I bought some aphogee products and a relaxer.... I feel so ashamed...:spank:
No need to feel ashamed. Just acknowledge and move on. Besides that's only 1 pass used and you have 2 more if needed. I was looking at hair barretts a few weeks ago and just on Monday looking at headbands. I had to remind myself about the challenge. You can do this!!

dinaaike

No more "buy nothing" challenges for me!

While I don't buy things that often, I find that the concept of restriction is doing more harm than good.:look:

I might have overdone it with conditioner pre-challenge to make sure I wouldn't run out.

Then, I probably got a little miffed when I realized that something I might want will have to be postponed for a later date.

Next, I could have stopped paying attention to hair products altogether, leading me to overscrutinize other areas of my life. This may have led to houseware purchases that weren't exactly urgent.

That old "forbidden fruit" will getcha in trouble every time. :grin:

loulou82

I went into the BSS yesterday to "window shop" despite my better judgement. But I resisted the temptation :grin:. That Elasta QP Fortifying Conditioner and Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructuizer were calling me! They're now on my list :rolleyes:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay it seems I can't multiquote from my work computer....

dinaaike--Funny, but not really.

loulou82--Great job!

ajacks

OK, I used a pass today to make an Ovation purchase (OCT, Creme Rinse, and Color Therapy). I want a progress Tee but I can wait until January for that.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
OK, I used a pass today to make an Ovation purchase (OCT, Creme Rinse, and Color Therapy). I want a progress Tee but I can wait until January for that.

Noted. I think I may get a progress tee at some point. It will actually help me believe my hair will grow. Looking back at some pictures from work I noticed I was SL in April of this year. I'm just wondering how many times can my hair break off and I grow it back bf it puts its foot down.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
We have made it through a month :grin:! Only 6 people used passes. Not bad!
:clapping: :bouncy: :cup: :congrats: :circle:

How was it?
It was okay for me. I didn't struggle. I had to remind myself a time or two but otherwise no issues.

What worked for you?
Actually browsing the hair care aisle in the store, continuing to visit this website as usual, reading the hair care blogs I like to, making lists for January, reading the hit or miss thread, and what did you buy this week thread. I know, I know just immerse myself all in this stuff. It works for me.

Do you think you will make it through the remaining two months?
I know I will. I may have to use a pass though but we shall see.

Butterfly08

Whew, I get faint just thinking about joining this one.

Good luck ladies. :up:

Hey, you said the same thing about the make up no buy. :rolleyes::lachen:

Besides that, this should be child's play as long as I don't see anything I want and nothing goes on sale. :look:

That sale will getcha every time! :perplexed
:lachen:I just placed my order. When I said that my daughter said "no, you are not suppose to buy a thing," she's 12. I was like "dag, you the challenge police? It is for your hair too and the challenge don't start till Wednesday." then I rolled my eyes.

Sounds just like my dd!! :rolleyes:

One day down! How was it? No probs here.

One thing I know I will need to keep an eye on is that my spending in other areas doesn't get out of hand while I'm not spending on hair products. I do know that I need to buy some skincare and body products.

This is exactly what happens. If I'm not buying make up then I splurge on shoes or clothes, or makeup, or body products, or hair supplies.....:look: I just completed a mu no buy and that was the FIRST time I didn't splurge on other things. I will join this and work on a EVERYTHING no buy through the end of the year...um with a couple passes of course. ;-)

I always ask myself do I really need that for my hair? Right now I feel like I am wasting time with some of the products I'm using bc I need to use them up before moving on to what I really want to use. That's why this challenge hasn't been that bad for me bc I never want to go through this again.

^^^This is what I hate about being a PJ as well, trying to use up crap. :wallbash:

Butterfly08

Alright, I was scared about this, but go ahead and add me please! I bought nothing (that I can recall) in September, and I definitely bought nothing in October, so I still have all 3 passes.

If I make it through, I will reward myself with a Chi or Fhi flat iron.

I doubt I'll need to use more than 2 passes. :grin:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
:giggle: Yeah, um no buy anything (skincare, bodycare, etc) I would so fail that one but good for you! Something I am definitely working on right now. Paying off my credits cards and only using cash/check/debit.

Hey, you said the same thing about the make up no buy. :rolleyes::lachen:

That sale will getcha every time! :perplexed

Sounds just like my dd!! :rolleyes:

This is exactly what happens. If I'm not buying make up then I splurge on shoes or clothes, or makeup, or body products, or hair supplies.....:look: I just completed a mu no buy and that was the FIRST time I didn't splurge on other things. I will join this and work on a EVERYTHING no buy through the end of the year...um with a couple passes of course. ;-)

^^^This is what I hate about being a PJ as well, trying to use up crap. :wallbash:

ETA: OOps it didn't quote your whole post.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
:welcome: I will add you!

Alright, I was scared about this, but go ahead and add me please! I bought nothing (that I can recall) in September, and I definitely bought nothing in October, so I still have all 3 passes.

If I make it through, I will reward myself with a Chi or Fhi flat iron.

I doubt I'll need to use more than 2 passes. :grin:

ajacks

I need to drop out of this challenge. This is really not for me. I already used one pass and I still need to make a Hairveda and Progress Tee purchase...:sad:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I was hoping I would get through this entire challenge without using a pass. I will use one in December. I plan to relax on Jan 1st after a 16 week stretch. I want to add Silk Amino Acids (SAA) to my relaxer. I will need to buy that in December. There will also be a new product coming out in December I want to get. I won't beat myself up bc I will get through two entire months without buying anything. Something to be extremely proud of. I think I will take a no buy break in January and February then do a 3 month no buy challenge again March-April. My lists:

Jan
Hair steamer
Bentonite clay
organic unrefined coconut oil (2)
organic raw apple cider vinegar (2)
distilled water (3)

Feb
Flat iron (probably a sedu)
reup on anything needed to get through 3 month no buy stretch--most likely just conditioners
more distilled water if needed

Rapunzel*

i used one pass but it was discounted and i didnt have to pay for shipping. i saved 8+ dollars
i also want to buy an ao honeysuckle rose conditioner and use it as a dc but i wont buy that until the middle of december

for my hard work and dedication i will reward myself with a table top dryer so i can get my dc/ roller set on:grin:
if its on sale at the end of december i will buy it but im trying to hold out because im in a wig until the end of this year so far so good:grin:

I'm thinking I need to read this thread for inspiration. Sometimes I go to the BSS and just walk around. It's so ridiculous. I just can't help myself. I have so much crap, I need to open my own BSS.