Clay Washing And High Porosity Hair

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I still have Naturelle Grow's Australian Pink Clay Mask I need to try out.

I'm thinking about grabbing x2 more of J.Monique's Bentonite & Rhassoul Treatments before the 50% ends. The con is they are only 8oz's.:ohwell:

ETA: I still have several jars of SM's Purification Hair Mask (original) that I use too for Cleansing, which was one of the only things I ever purchased from them on a consistent basis.

NatrulyMe

- Are you high po? Have you ever used clay in your hair?
I am high porosity. Yes. Aztec Bentonite Clay.
-Did/do you like it?
Yes. It makes my curls pop. The only thing is that you will have to follow up with a deep conditioner because it will make your hair dry. Once deep conditioner, hair will feel soft.
-Whats your favorite clay?
If you need that extra moisture and softness then Rhassoul clay is the better, but is expensive.
Do you just add water or add other things?
I add ACV & mix oils (coconut, castor, avocado & sunflower)
ETA: Do you use it as a cleanser, mask, all in one?
I use it all in one. It can be a face mask cleanser and for clarifying the hair.

Last edited:

Alma Petra

I am high po. I use clay regularly

-Did/do you like it?
I like it a lot.

I have only tried bentonite and rhassoul. Rhassoul is my favourite of the two because it is much less drying. It can even be conditioning.

I make sure that I first dissolve it in sunflower oil. After that I add water. This cancels out the drying effect and makes the mixing process quick and smooth. I don't need to follow it with a DC or a rinse out. I just apply my leave-in and go about styling. It's that good. Also letting it stand for 24 hours after mixing seems to make it more moisturizing for some reason.

ETA: Do you use it as a cleanser, mask, all in one?
I use it solely as a curl defining and clumping agent for my wash and gos (similar to the usage for MHM)

Alma Petra

I told y'all I'd be doing this soon. I just ordered my powders from www.essentialwholesale.com and ebay.

I bought:

-Rhassoul clay
-Moroccan Rhassoul Clay - Bought 2 types to compare for research purposes :look: I think think this -one is red
-Bentonite Clay
-Green French Clay
-Activated Charcoal Powder
-White Kaolin Clay

Happy belated birthday Aggie!
I have ordered kaolin clay me too and it's due to arrive soon. We can then compare notes.

Aggie

Happy belated birthday Aggie!
I have ordered kaolin clay me too and it's due to arrive soon. We can then compare notes.
Thank you sweetie.

:yay:, I have company. Yes let's compare notes. I am really excited to try these out. I am looking for the all in one effect from these clays - cleansing, moisturizing, strengthening, curl clumping and definition, etc.

Alma Petra

Thank you sweetie.

:yay:, I have company. Yes let's compare notes. I am really excited to try these out. I am looking for the all in one effect from these clays - cleansing, moisturizing, strengthening, curl clumping and definition, etc.
I mainly do it for curl definition but more conditioning is always welcome. Only thing I wouldn't care for is cleansing on this dry hair of mine. I actually mix my clays with oil lol. But everybody says that kaolin is very gentle. Can't wait to try it. I will let you know when mine arrives.

Aggie

I mainly do it for curl definition but more conditioning is always welcome. Only thing I wouldn't care for is cleansing on this dry hair of mine. I actually mix my clays with oil lol. But everybody says that kaolin is very gentle. Can't wait to try it. I will let you know when mine arrives.
Me too. I will see how it goes with the cleansing before I commit to it completely. If it's too drying, then no, no cleansing. I heard that the kaolin is very cleansing. I may try the Kaolin pink rose clay next - I hear that's also gentle enough for faces of persons with sensitive skin.

Aggie

Whoa! nice haul lady :yay: I didnt know there was more than one rhassoul clay. Looking forward to your research findings :yep: I will be joining the researh team shortly :look:
Thanks mama. I can't wait for you to join us. I was always using the ready made one by JMonique's Naturals but now I am ready to make my own concoctions. :yep:.

Aggie

Is there a difference between the pink and white kaolin other than colour?

Here ya go @snoop

White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays: Benefits & Uses

Kaolin Clay Varieties
Kaolin Clays constitute ingredients which can be used in many different ways in natural skincare. The clay varieties can be incorporated into body powders, soaps, scrubs or a number of other skincare creations. The clays come in a variety of colors which add to their desirability. Kaolin is the oldest treatment the mankind has available and it effectively and naturally treats many disorders depending on its mineral content, properties and color.

Read on learn more about the White, Red, Yellow and Pink Kaolin Clays, their properties, uses and benefitsfor skin and different parts of the body.

White Kaolin Clay Benefits & Uses

white kaolin

White kaolin clay is rich in silicon and aluminum silicate and it is known to be the mildest of all clays. It provides a silky slip, a property that makes it ideal for sensitive skin and this mainly why it is often used in soaps and shave-creams. Following are more White Kaolin clay benefits and uses.

• It acts as a mild exfoliant when used in a cleanser or scrub. This exfoliation action helps in renewing, and remineralizing the epidermis while cleansing the skin.
  • It is versatile clay that can be used in combination with almost any wetting agent including purified water, hydrosols or aloe vera.
  • Helps stimulate circulation while purifying the skin and closing dilated pores.
  • White Kaolin clay does not draw oils from skin hence can be used on dry skin types
  • The clay is also used externally in form of beauty and anti-wrinkle mask for the whole body.
Studies have shown that White kaolin clay possesses medicinal value.

• Internally it works against fermentation and intestinal intoxication.
  • It absorbs bacteria, viruses, gases and toxins present in the digestive system
  • It plays a role of gastric protector by relieving pain from acidity, heart burn and ulcer; it also regulates pH and acidity.
  • It reduces inflammation and protect mucus.
Red Kaolin Clay Benefits & Uses
What distinguishes the Red Kaolin from the other Kaolin Clays is its stronger drawing power or ability. This power makes it ideal for acne-prone and oily skin types. It makes a handy add-on to acne masks or detoxifying body wraps.

This clay is rich in iron oxide and copper and low in aluminum and it was traditionally used in treating joint pain and washing to protect oneself from infections and disease. Red Kaolin clay has anti-inflammatory property good in treating skin that is inflamed and gums. It relieves pain caused by contusion, hematoma and bruises. It’s also reduces swelling on affected areas. Like the other Kaolin clays, it also stimulates blood circulation.

Its exceptional red-orange color makes it a perfect additive for coloring heavy duty soaps

Yellow Kaolin Clay Benefits & Uses

Yellow Kaolin

Yellow kaolin clay is soft in texture and has a mild absorption that is slightly stronger than that of the white Kaolin. It is safe on most (dry, sensitive or normal) skin varieties and hence an adaptable skin care item. It can be used to in skin care products such as soap and body powders. It is rich in titanium, potassium and silicon. These elements catalyze for formation of collagen. Yellow kaolin clay protects the skin against formation of radical cells of aging. When used as facial scrub, it acts as a gentle cleanser and exfoliant, stimulating circulation while leaving your skin fresh and glowing.

It also helps in relieving pain in cases of bone problems and fatigue, it repairs muscles and ligaments

Basing on its earthy gold appearance, it can make a great additive for honey themed facial masks or skin care products.

Pink Kaolin Clay Benefits & Uses

Pink Kaolin Clay

Pink kaolin clay is a skillfully balanced blend of the White and Red kaolin. It is rich in aluminum oxide. This clay is ideal for normal skin types due to its unique balance of properties. As you may have noticed the Red Kaolin clay provides a profound absorption of toxins and clogged oil from the skin while the mild White clay combats skin irritation and dryness. Pink Kaolin combines both of these properties.

It helps in stimulating circulation on the skin, exfoliating and cleansing. It does not draw oil from the skin so it’s suitable to use it on dry skin.

Compared to other cosmetic clays, the pink color makes this clay stand out meaning that it can make an amazing addition to scrubs, dusting powders or soaps.

Kaolin Clays Usage Tips

• To make life more interesting and exciting with the Kaolin clays, attempt to apply the different kaolin clays to different sections of your face and discover how it feels like. At the same time, you can also try to blend the clays to attain a tailored or personalized balance of properties. Being creative won’t really cause any harm, it is a very basic way to find out what works for your skin type.
  • If you are a natural skincare artist, Kaolin clays will provide you with striking colors and enough properties to draw from. When blended together, the diverse colorings of these clays are quite amazing. Whether used for presentation, or in treatments, taking advantage of Kaolin clays similar natures and beautiful colorings present an opportunity to be creative as a formulator or home spa enthusiast.
The medicinal and therapeutic values of the Kaolin clays make a useful ingredient in almost all natural skincare items. If you have tried one of the Kaolin clays, please feel free to share your experience in the comment section. If you haven’t, please give it try and let us know your experience. Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

All this information can be found here https://durablehealth.net/kaolin-clay/white-red-yellow-pink-kaolin-clays-benefits-uses/

charmtreese

I have High porosity hair with fine strands. In the past I’ve used Rhassoul and Bentonite. I normally keep my mix pretty simple with just AVJ and clay. More recently I’ve been using Terressentials (pre mixed clay washes)

-Did/do you like it?

I like the results of using clay even when I was mixing. But I prefer the ease of pre-mixed clays. I use them as cleansers.

Currently Terressentials, and I think they use Bentonite Clay in their products.

When I was mixing I just would add AVJ

I like clay as a cleanser and I always follow up with a deep conditioner. Not because my

Aggie

Rhassoul Clay for Hair-Mask, Recipes, Benefits, Wash & Shampoo
What are the unique Rhassoul Clay hair benefits and uses? How is Rhassoul clay hair mask prepared and applied? Can Rhassoul clay be used for washing hair or as a deep hair conditioner? Read on to find out.

Rhassoul Clay for Hair-Mask, Recipes, Benefits, Wash & Shampoo
What are the unique Rhassoul Clay hair benefits and uses? How is Rhassoul clay hair mask prepared and applied? Can Rhassoul clay be used for washing hair or as a deep hair conditioner? Read on to find out.

Rhassoul Clay Hair Mask Benefits

Clay hair mask

Rhassoul clay, also commonly known as Ghassoul or Moroccan Red clay, is more than just any other ordinary hair cleanser. This Morrocan nutrient- rich clay has many uses which are beneficial for your hair. First, let us examine the contents and properties of Rhassoul clay that make it good for the hair

Presence of Silica in Rhassoul Clay
According to Mountain Rose Herbs, Rhassoul clay is rich in minerals which include: silica, magnesium, iron, calcium, sodium and aluminum. As compared to other minerals, Silica takes the highest share of the minerals (58%) followed by Magnesium (25%),

Research has shown that silica stimulates hair growth. Professor Adolf Butenant, after conducting a research on Silica in 1972, came to one of these conclusions “Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.

Silica for Hair Growth. How does it Work?

Firstly, silica helps to regenerate lost or injured tissues. At the base of each hair follicle is the papilla. Surrounding the papilla is the hair matrix – which is a collection of epithelial cells. This hair matrix goes through cell division to produce cells that form hair follicles.

Therefore, if silica is infused into the hair, it helps regenerate the epithelial tissue which in turn helps to stimulate formation of hair follicles. Hair grows from hair follicles. Stimulating formation of hair follicles leads to hair growth. Thus, silica aids in hair growth.

Secondly, silica helps to strengthen the connective tissue of the hair. The papilla which is at the base of each hair follicle is made up mainly of connective tissues. When silica is infused into the hair it helps in the formation of collagen.

Collagen is the basic element that makes up the connective tissue. The primary function of collagen is to add strength to the connective tissue (University of Western Australia, 2009). When the connective tissue is strengthened, it enables hair follicles to grow strong and long because they are supported by a strong connective tissue.

Presence of Magnesium in Rhassoul Clay
An increase in magnesium in the body builds up strong hair follicles and strong hair. On the other hand, a deficiency in magnesium causes hair loss. Ghassoul clay contains 25.2% of magnesium. Therefore, when Rhassoul clay is used as a hair cleanser, it helps to add magnesium in the hair follicles and thus making hair strong and able to grow.

In addition, magnesium cleans calcium deposits off the scalp that may be blocking hair follicles. When these calcium deposits are cleaned off the scalp, hair follicles are aerated enabling the growth of hair. Rhassoul clay contains 25.2% of magnesium! Therefore, rhassoul clay indeed aids in the growth of hair.

Rhassoul clay ability to cleanse hair without removing all of its protective sebum
Rhassoul clay is effective in hair growth in that it is able to clean hair without removing all of its protective sebum. Sebum is an oily matter produced by sebaceous glands. Sebum is important in that it lubricates the scalp preventing formation of dry flakes on the scalp.

Dry flakes on the scalp cause inflammation and itching. When the scalp is inflamed, it cannot support growth of strong long hair. Therefore, Ghassoul clay, through its ability to clean hair without depleting sebum from the hair and scalp, makes hair growth possible.

In a summary here are Rhassoul Hair Mask Benefits

1. Rhassoul clay is very gentle to the scalp and hair and thus makes hair washing pleasant.
  2. Ghassoul clay cleanses hair without removing all of its protective sebum thus preventing hair breakage.
  3. Rhassoul clay leaves hair soft and shiny.
  4. Ghassoul clay increases hair volume and the quality of your hair texture.
  5. Since Rhassoul clay can be used as a hair cleanser for washing hair, it removes dirt, odor, and excessive oil from hair as well as detangling it
  6. Moroccan Red clay eliminates dandruff from the scalp and hair leaving hair’s appearance looking clean.
  7. Because of its effectiveness in hair washing, Rhassoul clay gradually reduces the need for frequent hair washing.
  8. Rhassoul clay is a natural product. It is free of chemicals, preservatives and fragrances.
Rhassoul Clay Hair Mask Recipe for Natural
A hair mask is a treatment done on hair to clean it, moisturize it, and to make it soft and shiny. It is good for natural. What are the ingredients and procedure for preparing Rhassoul clay mask? How is the clay mask applied? Continue reading to find out more about the Moroccan red clay mask.

How to Prepare Rhassoul Clay Hair Mask

1. The items you will require include; Rhassousl clay powder, warm water, non-metallic container and a non-metallic stick for stirring.
  2. Put Rhassoul clay powder in the non-metallic container.
  3. Add some warm water into the container
  4. Mix the Ghassoul clay powder with warm water using a non-metallic stirrer until you get a gel-like consistency. Note: If mixture is too thin, add some more Rhassoul clay powder. If mixture is too thick, add some more water until you get the gel-like consistency.
This gel-like consistency is Rhassoul clay hair mask and it is now ready to be used on hair.

How to Apply Rhassoul Clay Hair Mask

Below are the steps to follow when applying Rhassoul clay mask for your natural hair.

1. Wet hair.
  2. Divide hair into sections.
  3. Starting with the back sections moving up, apply a generous amount of Rhassoul clay hair mask from the root to the ends of the hair strands. Apply on the edges of the hair strands too.
  4. Repeat the same process for each section.
  5. Ensure all hair on the head is thoroughly covered with Ghassoul clay hair mask.
  6. Cover the hair with a plastic cap.
  7. Leave the hair mask on the hair for 15 – 20 minutes.
  8. Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water.
  9. Dry hair.
  10. Style as desired
Rhassoul Clay Hair Wash Recipe
Rhassoul clay is a great product for washing hair. It is pure, gentle on the scalp and hair and it leaves hair soft and shiny after washing.

Hair Wash Recipe
Ingredients
  • Moroccan clay 2 tablespoons
  • water 4 tablespoons
  • 10 drops lavender oil
  • 1 tsp grapeseed oil
  • 2 tsp aloe vera gel
Directions
  1. In a non-metal bowl, Add whole amount rhassoul clay in a bowl( ensure it is non-metal)
  2. Add the water and grapeseed oil and mix to a fine consistency
  3. To the mixture, add aloe vera gel and stir untils it is all mixed.
Note: In place of water you can also use coconut milk.

Washing hair with rhassoul clay homemade shampoo
  1. Wet your hair in the shower and squeeze out the excess water.
  2. Divide your hair into manageble sections (about 3 or 4)
  3. Take rhassoul clay shampoo and spread it on your hair using your fingers.
  4. Ensure to massage part of the shampoo on your scalp.
  5. Allow it to stay for a couple minutes to absorb dirt and grease
  6. Using warm water, wash off. You may need about 8 rinses for a complete wash off. Do your last rinse with cold water.

Aggie

Bentonite Clay for Hair Benefits & What it does

What does bentonite clay do for hair?
Bentonite clay hair treatments are quite a mainstay in most women’s hair recipes. The clay has many benefits that can be applied for natural hair, damaged hair, dry hair and many other hair conditions. Some reviews have also shown that bentonite clay hair growth results are actually true and pleasing.

But is all this true? Can one use bentonite mud for hair loss? Can the treatment help improve natural hair, black hair and other types of hair? Let us start with the benefits of using Bentonite clay for hair as an alternative to other treatments such as the traditional hair staple, henna.

Bentonite clay for cleansing, clarifying, moisturizing and conditioning hair

Benefits of bentonite clay for hair
You’ve definitely heard and tried many hair masks, but what exactly are the benefits of bentonite clay for hair? There is a lot that is done to hair to keep it in good condition, including shampooing, conditioning, cleansing and even moisturizing.

In a unique way, this bentonite compound that comes in the form of calcium bentonite, potassium bentonite, sodium bentonite and aluminum bentonite can provide quite a long list of benefits to your hair. Here are the most important:

Cleansing Hair
This clay or mud is highly absorbent and will help clarify your hair without making it feel dry or stripped of moisture. If you have curly hair that is typically dry, this should be a great pick for making your hair soft and supple.

Clarifying Hair
Another of the important benefits of bentonite clay is in its ability to clarify hair by attracting and binding impurities and dirt in hair, leaving your mane looking pure and naturally silky.

Moisturizing and Conditioning Hair with Bentonite Mud
Are you tired of that dry feel that makes your hair tangled and frizzy? Well, sometimes hair breakage comes from dryness and poor conditioning. One big solution to this is to use bentonite clay as a moisturizer and conditioner.

Bentonite Minerals for Hair
Nourishing hair is no easy task since there is a long list of minerals and vitamins that are good for hair growth, healthy hair and even long hair. But what can you gain by using this clay? Well, important of the bentonite clay benefits for hair is the mineral elements such as calcium, potassium and sodium that are found in the clay.

Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Recipe & Overnight
Most of the bentonite clay benefits for hair can be found in a well done recipe of bentonite clay hair mask. (See section on recipe below). If your hair is suffering from the damage of itchy scalp and breakage, a natural clay hair mask can help restore its health.

Bentonite clay hair masks treatment are mostly used to cure or get rid of eczema, or dandruff from the scalp. This is a DIY bentonite mud hair treatment that you can do at home my mixing a few ingredients in your recipe to enjoy the benefits, some of which can be achieved with an overnight bentonite mud hair mask treatment.

Recipe & Overnight Uses
From a quick look at the various recipes found on the internet, it is clear that you can modify the mixture as you want depending on the type of hair you have. Some people have black hair, others naturally oily hair, some looking to get rid of dandruff with a bentonite clay hair treatment recipe, others to stop hair loss with this clay, etc.

When using the hair mask, you should allow the mixture to sit on your hair for about 15 to 20 minutes. Most people cover the hair being treated with a plastic cap to help condition the hair and prevent it from drying.

Recipe#1 Hair Mask Detox
Ingredients:

1. One cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar)
  2. Aloe vera juice (two-three tablespoons)
  3. Three drops of tea tree oil
  4. One cup of bentonite mud
  5. Extra virgin olive oil-two tablespoons
Directions

Mix together all the above ingredients in a bowl of glass using a wooden or plastic spoon. Mix until you come up with a consistent paste-not too thin or watery and not too thick. At this point the contents ought to appear like grey wet mud. If you find that your mixture is too watery, add more clay.

Apply the mud mixture to your scalp down the hair shafts. Leave on for10 minutes and rinse off

Caution/Tip

Do not let the clay mixture to get dry on your hair.

Use a few drops of olive oil to get rid of any bits of clay left in your hair. ACV helps reset your hair’s pH balance and gives great shine.

When working on your recipe, avoid using metal equipment and bowls because they will destroy the properties of the bentonite clay that are beneficial to your hair

Bentonite clay powder hair mask recipe #2
What you will need;

1. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  2. 1/2 cup bentonite clay powder
  3. 1 additional cup apple cider vinegar
  4. 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
  5. 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
Directions

1. Mix the powdered mud, aloe vera gel, Rosemary essential oil, and 1/2 cup ACV together in a glass bowl using a wooden or plastic spoon.
  2. Apply just like in the previous recipe
  3. Wear on a shower cap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
  4. Rinse thoroughly for the first time
  5. Use the remaining one cup of ACV and then let it sit for 1-3 minutes
  6. Shampoo
Bentonite clay hair mask overnight treatment is highly recommended for those men and women who use too much of hair styling products and butters that are heavy.

Most results and reviews of bentonite clay for hair have shown that proper use can prevent the formation of dandruff. For people who have had dandruff and a lot of buildup in the hair, the clay is recommended for removing dandruff and

How to use Bentonite Clay for 4c Hair, Natural Hair & Afro

Bentonite clay natural hair treatment

Natural hair has its own natural oils. Most of the time, we strip the strands of these oils and moisture when conditioning, treating and even styling. Bentonite clay natural hair treatments can really help improve your hair’s texture, growth and thickness. As you will see shortly below, yet another of the uses is bentonite clay for hair loss.

Well, this beneficial clay is not just good for people with hair problems. Even those with natural hair can apply it as a treatment to improve their hair in different ways. Bentonite clay on natural hair will make it soft, and clean. This is when you specifically use it to wash your hair.

Bentonite and 4c Hair
Most black women have type 4 locks. This therefore means that Afro-textured hair, the natural hair texture of certain populations in Africa, is actually type4

It is known to be driest thus very fragile. some describe it as kinky, wiry and with tight coils. The hair strands are thick and packed together. According to thatSister.com, type 4 is further categorized to 4A, 4B and 4C.

Hair types chart- thatsister.com

Without going to the details type 4c is said to be the most coil and fragile which basically implies requires more care and protection. As you will learn shortly bentonite clay is one best ingredients to protect type 4c hair.

Although, while applying the mud, you will feel some awkwardness especially with the hair being weighed down by the mud, the results of applying it will help since the clay removes frizz and buildup. Some people have noted that natural hair that is tangled up can be easily detangled when you use this mud on it.

Bentonite Clay Hair Wash
Below is a video tutorial on how to use bentonite clay for natural 4c hair, wash plus and afro

How to use/ mix Bentonite Clay for Natural Hair Growth/Loss
Can bentonite clay help hair loss prevention? Is it good for hair growth? Some premade commercial clay products are commonly used for hair growth and bentonite clay for hair is one of the most commonly sought after and marketed. So, what is the logic behind using bentonite clay for hair growth?

Premature hair loss is sometimes associated with the problem of toxins accumulating in the scalp. Dandruff too is one of the major reasons for hair loss. As discussed in the benefits of bentonite clay for hair above:

• The mud helps get rid of toxins in the scalp
  • It also gets rid of dandruff
How effective is bentonite clay for alopecia or baldness? Alopecia areata is condition in which hair is lost from mostly the scalp or other parts of the body. Bentonite can be a possible remedy for this condition since, as we already seen, it removes toxins from your scalp leaving it free of infections, parasites and chemical buildup.

It is from this point that bentonite clay hair growth powders are sold because they are known to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Therefore, you can try a bentonite detox for the body and scalp to see if it helps stop hair loss.

Bentonite Clay for Scalp Psoriasis Treatment & Recipes

Recipes depend on your type of hair

As you have already learnt bentonite clay can help in treating a couple of scalp conditions. One such condition is scalp psoriasis. Here are some recipes to help get rid of some of these scalp conditions.

Before getting to the recipes, it is important to note that bentonite clay for hair recipes vary a lot. Most people improvise their own recipes as they make the treatments. Always remember to protect the potency of the mud for best results. Here are two quick recipes with bentonite mud for scalp treatment

Bentonite Clay and Honey
For this honey recipe, mix the mud with a little honey and apple cider vinegar. Ensure you make a consistency like that of yogurt to make it easy to apply. If you have dry hair, add a teaspoon of almond oil to help moisturize it.

Bentonite Mud + Egg Yolk Hair Treatment Recipe
Egg yolk is one of the best ingredients for hair masks. Mix about 5 tablespoons of this natural clay with water. Add a single egg yolk and mix to a fine consistency. This is a great recipe for treating dry oily hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Bentonite Clay for Hair Benefits & What it does

What does bentonite clay do for hair?
Bentonite clay hair treatments are quite a mainstay in most women’s hair recipes. The clay has many benefits that can be applied for natural hair, damaged hair, dry hair and many other hair conditions. Some reviews have also shown that bentonite clay hair growth results are actually true and pleasing.

But is all this true? Can one use bentonite mud for hair loss? Can the treatment help improve natural hair, black hair and other types of hair? Let us start with the benefits of using Bentonite clay for hair as an alternative to other treatments such as the traditional hair staple, henna.

Bentonite clay for cleansing, clarifying, moisturizing and conditioning hair

Benefits of bentonite clay for hair
You’ve definitely heard and tried many hair masks, but what exactly are the benefits of bentonite clay for hair? There is a lot that is done to hair to keep it in good condition, including shampooing, conditioning, cleansing and even moisturizing.

In a unique way, this bentonite compound that comes in the form of calcium bentonite, potassium bentonite, sodium bentonite and aluminum bentonite can provide quite a long list of benefits to your hair. Here are the most important:

Cleansing Hair
This clay or mud is highly absorbent and will help clarify your hair without making it feel dry or stripped of moisture. If you have curly hair that is typically dry, this should be a great pick for making your hair soft and supple.

Clarifying Hair
Another of the important benefits of bentonite clay is in its ability to clarify hair by attracting and binding impurities and dirt in hair, leaving your mane looking pure and naturally silky.

Moisturizing and Conditioning Hair with Bentonite Mud
Are you tired of that dry feel that makes your hair tangled and frizzy? Well, sometimes hair breakage comes from dryness and poor conditioning. One big solution to this is to use bentonite clay as a moisturizer and conditioner.

Bentonite Minerals for Hair
Nourishing hair is no easy task since there is a long list of minerals and vitamins that are good for hair growth, healthy hair and even long hair. But what can you gain by using this clay? Well, important of the bentonite clay benefits for hair is the mineral elements such as calcium, potassium and sodium that are found in the clay.

Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Recipe & Overnight
Most of the bentonite clay benefits for hair can be found in a well done recipe of bentonite clay hair mask. (See section on recipe below). If your hair is suffering from the damage of itchy scalp and breakage, a natural clay hair mask can help restore its health.

Bentonite clay hair masks treatment are mostly used to cure or get rid of eczema, or dandruff from the scalp. This is a DIY bentonite mud hair treatment that you can do at home my mixing a few ingredients in your recipe to enjoy the benefits, some of which can be achieved with an overnight bentonite mud hair mask treatment.

Recipe & Overnight Uses
From a quick look at the various recipes found on the internet, it is clear that you can modify the mixture as you want depending on the type of hair you have. Some people have black hair, others naturally oily hair, some looking to get rid of dandruff with a bentonite clay hair treatment recipe, others to stop hair loss with this clay, etc.

When using the hair mask, you should allow the mixture to sit on your hair for about 15 to 20 minutes. Most people cover the hair being treated with a plastic cap to help condition the hair and prevent it from drying.

Recipe#1 Hair Mask Detox
Ingredients:

1. One cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar)
  2. Aloe vera juice (two-three tablespoons)
  3. Three drops of tea tree oil
  4. One cup of bentonite mud
  5. Extra virgin olive oil-two tablespoons
Directions

Mix together all the above ingredients in a bowl of glass using a wooden or plastic spoon. Mix until you come up with a consistent paste-not too thin or watery and not too thick. At this point the contents ought to appear like grey wet mud. If you find that your mixture is too watery, add more clay.

Apply the mud mixture to your scalp down the hair shafts. Leave on for10 minutes and rinse off

Caution/Tip

Do not let the clay mixture to get dry on your hair.

Use a few drops of olive oil to get rid of any bits of clay left in your hair. ACV helps reset your hair’s pH balance and gives great shine.

When working on your recipe, avoid using metal equipment and bowls because they will destroy the properties of the bentonite clay that are beneficial to your hair

Bentonite clay powder hair mask recipe #2
What you will need;

1. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  2. 1/2 cup bentonite clay powder
  3. 1 additional cup apple cider vinegar
  4. 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
  5. 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
Directions

1. Mix the powdered mud, aloe vera gel, Rosemary essential oil, and 1/2 cup ACV together in a glass bowl using a wooden or plastic spoon.
  2. Apply just like in the previous recipe
  3. Wear on a shower cap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
  4. Rinse thoroughly for the first time
  5. Use the remaining one cup of ACV and then let it sit for 1-3 minutes
  6. Shampoo
Bentonite clay hair mask overnight treatment is highly recommended for those men and women who use too much of hair styling products and butters that are heavy.

Most results and reviews of bentonite clay for hair have shown that proper use can prevent the formation of dandruff. For people who have had dandruff and a lot of buildup in the hair, the clay is recommended for removing dandruff and

How to use Bentonite Clay for 4c Hair, Natural Hair & Afro

Bentonite clay natural hair treatment

Natural hair has its own natural oils. Most of the time, we strip the strands of these oils and moisture when conditioning, treating and even styling. Bentonite clay natural hair treatments can really help improve your hair’s texture, growth and thickness. As you will see shortly below, yet another of the uses is bentonite clay for hair loss.

Well, this beneficial clay is not just good for people with hair problems. Even those with natural hair can apply it as a treatment to improve their hair in different ways. Bentonite clay on natural hair will make it soft, and clean. This is when you specifically use it to wash your hair.

Bentonite and 4c Hair
Most black women have type 4 locks. This therefore means that Afro-textured hair, the natural hair texture of certain populations in Africa, is actually type4

It is known to be driest thus very fragile. some describe it as kinky, wiry and with tight coils. The hair strands are thick and packed together. According to thatSister.com, type 4 is further categorized to 4A, 4B and 4C.

Hair types chart- thatsister.com

Without going to the details type 4c is said to be the most coil and fragile which basically implies requires more care and protection. As you will learn shortly bentonite clay is one best ingredients to protect type 4c hair.

Although, while applying the mud, you will feel some awkwardness especially with the hair being weighed down by the mud, the results of applying it will help since the clay removes frizz and buildup. Some people have noted that natural hair that is tangled up can be easily detangled when you use this mud on it.

Bentonite Clay Hair Wash
Below is a video tutorial on how to use bentonite clay for natural 4c hair, wash plus and afro

How to use/ mix Bentonite Clay for Natural Hair Growth/Loss
Can bentonite clay help hair loss prevention? Is it good for hair growth? Some premade commercial clay products are commonly used for hair growth and bentonite clay for hair is one of the most commonly sought after and marketed. So, what is the logic behind using bentonite clay for hair growth?

Premature hair loss is sometimes associated with the problem of toxins accumulating in the scalp. Dandruff too is one of the major reasons for hair loss. As discussed in the benefits of bentonite clay for hair above:

• The mud helps get rid of toxins in the scalp
  • It also gets rid of dandruff
How effective is bentonite clay for alopecia or baldness? Alopecia areata is condition in which hair is lost from mostly the scalp or other parts of the body. Bentonite can be a possible remedy for this condition since, as we already seen, it removes toxins from your scalp leaving it free of infections, parasites and chemical buildup.

It is from this point that bentonite clay hair growth powders are sold because they are known to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Therefore, you can try a bentonite detox for the body and scalp to see if it helps stop hair loss.

Bentonite Clay for Scalp Psoriasis Treatment & Recipes

Recipes depend on your type of hair

As you have already learnt bentonite clay can help in treating a couple of scalp conditions. One such condition is scalp psoriasis. Here are some recipes to help get rid of some of these scalp conditions.

Before getting to the recipes, it is important to note that bentonite clay for hair recipes vary a lot. Most people improvise their own recipes as they make the treatments. Always remember to protect the potency of the mud for best results. Here are two quick recipes with bentonite mud for scalp treatment

Bentonite Clay and Honey
For this honey recipe, mix the mud with a little honey and apple cider vinegar. Ensure you make a consistency like that of yogurt to make it easy to apply. If you have dry hair, add a teaspoon of almond oil to help moisturize it.

Bentonite Mud + Egg Yolk Hair Treatment Recipe
Egg yolk is one of the best ingredients for hair masks. Mix about 5 tablespoons of this natural clay with water. Add a single egg yolk and mix to a fine consistency. This is a great recipe for treating dry oily hair.

SUPER helpful. Thank you for sharing. :smile:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
@Aggie thanks I had no idea bentonite can help alopecia as well. This is what im into now, products that make my hair and my body healthy. Clays seem to be very healing :yep:

Honestly I want ALL the clays :chocbunny: but I will exercise self control :cantlook:
I think the 2 I want to try out most are rhassoul and white kaolin. Just knowing how parched my hair can get I wanna start out with the mildest. Im looking for more conditioning than deep clean/detox at this point :yep: