Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

Babygrowth

I forgot to mention that I've been using Hairveda pHinishing rinse weekly. Sometimes 2x weekly but this stuff is awesome!

Lita

Lita - I've been away for a minute so I apologize if this was discussed but how does the Black Coffee compare to Jar of Joe. I love everything about Joe. :yep: Softens ng and smells great.

IDareT'sHair, I'll be sure to report back and thanks for welcoming me back. :grin:

divachyk Hi! Black Coffee is smoother in texture & a lot richer then jar of joe...Also,a little goes a long way...I still use Jar of Joe but my fav out of the two is Black Coffee..

*They both make your hair nice/soft & scalp flake free..The scent makes you want to eat it..

Save Black Coffee for fall/winter.,.

*Jar Of Joe is my baby & Black Coffee is my babies daddy..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I forgot to mention that I've been using Hairveda pHinishing rinse weekly. Sometimes 2x weekly but this stuff is awesome!

Babygrowth, I am using it also. How do you use yours?

I use mine undiluted. I put a small amount in a tiny travel size spray bottle and spritz my entire head after shampooing or co-cleansing. I then rinse it out with warm water and continue with my regi. I was scared to use this product with being low porosity but I absolutely love it. I feel it makes the cuticles lay down and hair detangles better.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I NEED to relax. Doing my hair is relaxing.

Gonna try and fit this in:
-another cocoa henna to build up the darker chocolate color to my strands.
-Aphogee 2 min if necessary
-nettle burdock and ceramide oils rinse (sunflower and grapeseed)
-AO BC DC<---that even make sense? :lachen: (DC on top of rinse)
-ACV

Babygrowth

Babygrowth, I am using it also. How do you use yours?

I use mine undiluted. I put a small amount in a tiny travel size spray bottle and spritz my entire head after shampooing or co-cleansing. I then rinse it out with warm water and continue with my regi. I was scared to use this product with being low porosity but I absolutely love it. I feel it makes the cuticles lay down and hair detangles better.

Hey lady. After I do everything I do this as my final rinse. Apply, massage it in then rinse with cool water. Makes my hair soft and shiny. Never thought to use it as a mid wash rinse... I will try it this way too! divachyk

Ms_CoCo37

Good morning!

Nothing new or exciting to report, but I'm still spritzing my twists with my tea mixture and sealing my ends with my concoction of oils.:lick: My twists are so soft!

Ms_CoCo37

IDareT'sHair, it just dawned on me that I posted to the wrong thread last week. :spinning: I thought I was posting my find to this thread and posted to the oils, pomades, etc. thread. HA! Either way, here is my post.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Tea/coffee/coconut milk rinsed during my cowash. ..although I forgot that I don't need coconut milk until several weeks post.

justhavingfun

Tonight I will cowash my hair.

Cowash, rinse
Spritz hair with tea rinse, then top with more cowash
Shower
Rinse
Apply leave-ins, moisturize, seal

That's it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will use Columbian Coffee under my DC'er
Hairveda's ACV Rinse
And a Blend of: Burdock Root, Nettle, Horestail Teas with my Leave-In

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Using My N'Joi CreationS Ayurvedic Hair Butter =
Shea Butter
Shikakai
Amala
Brahmi
Castor
Mustard Seed
Lavendar
Tea Tree
Rosemary
Peppermint

mshoneyfly

I finally made a moisturizing spritz inspired by Shalinda1 and FGrogan on YT. It has AVJ, glycerin, rose water, cocoveda oil, shea moisture damage repair hair & scalp serum (has keratin), water and vitamin e. When my SAA comes, i will add some of that too.

A lot of people on LHCF say that their hair hates glycerin, so i was afraid to try it but then I realized that they are probably natural girls.

I sprayed some last night to moisturize my 2 day old bantu knot out and my hair just drank it all up. My scalp and edges felt really quenched. Tonight my hair is still moist and it smells good! I might put a dab on the ends before pin curling.

This stuff is my newest staple! Yay!!

Last edited:

Lita

Heritage marshmallow to moisturize,applied Heritage Black Coffee,Rice bran oil to seal..Pomade shop peppermint on my scalp.

Happy Hair Growing!

karenjoe

Tea rinsed today on dry hair with hibiscus, horsetail, marshmallow root, chamomile and oolong. My hair prefers tea rinses this way so from here on out I will do it on dry, "dirty" hair 3x week probably under my DCer or before I cowash. I'm still rinsing with coconut milk but I save it for my shampoo wash days... @Nix08 you use coconut milk every wash right? Do you ever worry about moisture overload or protein overload since its known for both moisture and protein? I want to use it every wash (3x week) but I'm scared! Lol...

ETA: also doing avj spritzes instead of rinsing
hi,
did u see a difference in shedding w the dry tea rinse?

Ms_CoCo37

Last night I was too lazy to go back downstairs to get my tea out of the fridge.:look: So I mixed water, glycerin, and tea tree oil in a spray bottle and went to town. Then I sealed my ends with my oil concoction (olive, castor, almond, avocado, jojoba, vitamin e, lime eo, and grapefruit eo). My hair LOVES this stuff! my ends are baby soft man...:lick:

Babygrowth

hi,
did u see a difference in shedding w the dry tea rinse?

Hi! I sure did! But it was a combination of my awesome DC and the tea rinse! My hair soaks it up like water. I prefer my tea mixes on dry hair and the pre made bought mixes on wet hair. I alternate between dry DC's and wet DC's with tea and the results are equally awesome!

Sorry for rambling...

Aggie

This morning I cowashed with a combination of kalpi tone powder, evoo, SAA, Aussie Volume conditioner and warm water. I followed that up with Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. Loved it!