Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Spritzed. Think Im gonna remove the lavender flowers. My hair is complaining a little. She likes it old school with just nettle, oolong and burdock as her leave in. Gonna hand the lav version over to dd.

My hair is such a picky b+++h.

Aggie

I did a kalpi tone cowash this morning and I still like this powder. Too bad they don't make it anymore. I only have a few of them left and will be sad when they're all done.

mshoneyfly

Okay!! I mixed my henna before I left for work this morning. All I have to do is add my conditioner, honey, hibiscus, oils and maybe moringa powder.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used a Cup of Columbian Cofffee under my Enso DC'er.

Did a Tea Rinse with:
Rosemary
Burdock
Nettle

Will use Pomade Shop's Growth Fundamentals Coffee Pomade after it dries

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Two words:

Cocoa Henna!

So sick of the bright red/copper tones, esp on my greys :look: Briefly read that cocoa will tame the red a bit and bring it down to brown. So, I mixed:

~1/4C Henna
2tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (Hersheys in this case)
1 tsp Tulsi powder (holy basil for my scalp)
bottled water

I didn't leave it on long-2.5 hours with 30 min under heat cap. It worked!!!! I can tell my hair needed more time as the grey new growth was barely covered--but at least it wasnt bright copper. My hair came out soft and moisturized and is still so 3 days later. Next application I'll leave it on for 4+hours for better grey coverage.

In the short haul, I'll keep letting the cocoa build up on the strands to make my hair a chocolatey-red until I can get to the local Indian Town for Indigo (wanna go black).

Caution: Beware that cocoa is alkaline so will open the cuticles--follow with ACV for porous hair!

lovelycurls

Brewed

Horsetail
Sage
Rosehips
Earl grey
Will be used for final rinse after henna gloss treatment.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

mshoneyfly

Bought a coffee grinder to make my herbs into powder form. I like em better that way. Spent the morning grinding nettle, dandelion, fenugreek and ginger. I still saved some for tea rinsing though.

What herbs are good to mix with fenugreek? And what about nettle?

Last edited:

D.Lisha

Stupid question:--> Where is everyone storing their tea after use?
For example, last weekend I did my FIRST black tea rinse and poured the tea into a spray bottle then spritzed it on my scalp before rinsing it out.
Since this is my first experience with tea I was unsure of where to store the access so I threw it in the fridge lol.
Is this what everyone else is doing? Or is it not recommended to preserve the tea after initial use?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Stupid question:--> Where is everyone storing their tea after use?
For example, last weekend I did my FIRST black tea rinse and poured the tea into a spray bottle then spritzed it on my scalp before rinsing it out.
Since this is my first experience with tea I was unsure of where to store the access so I threw it in the fridge lol.
Is this what everyone else is doing? Or is it not recommended to preserve the tea after initial use?

Fridge works.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have been making a gallon of tea each time I steep and it is very lasting and quite convenient having tea readily available when I want to rinse. I'm steeping marshmallow, moringa, burdock, red, slippery elm, green and a few others for my next batch.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk Welcome Back Ms. D! Give us an update on the Beer Rx (after you test it out).

tiffers About to rub some Black Coffee on my scalp..Love how it feels..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita - I've been away for a minute so I apologize if this was discussed but how does the Black Coffee compare to Jar of Joe. I love everything about Joe. :yep: Softens ng and smells great.

IDareT'sHair, I'll be sure to report back and thanks for welcoming me back. :grin:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Brewed my leave in blend. I think instead of 3 blends I'll make 2 and use my dc blend in my rinse blend...ahhhh..scratch that:nono:..... I'm not changing anything. ..my hair is doing so well i'm not going to chance it. I'll brew my dc blend today.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@divachyk

The Black Coffee is a Creamy like the Horsetail, Green Tea, and Macadamia Creamies.

It smells a little like Silk Dreams Mocha Bling. Kinda like that Latte/Maple-y thing going on.

As of today, for me, between the two Jar Of Joe will always be #1

justhavingfun

Hello

New member here. I know it's far into the challenge but I was wondering if I could join you all? I am currently using ayurvedic powders and right now the only teas I have are black, green, chamomile and peppermint teas. I plan to go to The Vitamin Shoppe later this week to get Hibiscus, Saw Palmetto, Burdock Root, Catnip and Horsetail teas. I love tea. I drink it daily.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hello

New member here. I know it's far into the challenge but I was wondering if I could join you all? I am currently using ayurvedic powders and right now the only teas I have are black, green, chamomile and peppermint teas. I plan to go to The Vitamin Shoppe later this week to get Hibiscus, Saw Palmetto, Burdock Root, Catnip and Horsetail teas. I love tea. I drink it daily.

justhavingfun

Sure! Welcome:welcome3:

Just Jump right in Start postin' and start havin fun!:lol:

justhavingfun

Thanks IDareT'sHair

I just applied a mix if Shikakai, Amla and Neem powders to my hair. Then after I rinse it out I will add a tea rinse I made (black and chamomile teas) to my hair with my deep conditioner on top and sit under dryer for 30 minutes.