COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 (January 1- March 31, 2012)

Diva_Esq

Okay Ladies, let's kick off the New Year right!!
:woohoo: We're going for maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses!!!​

Grow your hair and retain inches by joining the 2012 Cowash Challenge! This Challenge will run in segments as follows:
Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st
I will begin a new thread with each segment.​

With that, let's grow, grow, grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance7:Part I of this challenge begins January 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012!!:dance7:

RULES:
Cowash at least 1x/wkly. More if you'd like!
Report what conditioners you used and how your hair is responding.​

MUST:
Post a starting pic and ending pic​

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
How many times per week will you cowash?
What conditioners are you planning to use?
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?​

You can join by answering the questions in a post and posting a starting pic & tagging me in the thread or by PMing me. :grin::yep: I will acknowledge by tagging you in the initial post on this thread in the challengers list and thanking your post.​

Feel free to ask questions, share videos, recommend products and discuss all other things helpful regarding cowashing!​

Last edited:

youwillrise

I'm down! I've found that I condition rinse very inconsistently, but when I do I usually love it...I always end up going back to that method, so I might as well stay on it, eh?

Ill be doing it 2-3x a week with aubrey organics conditioners (hsr, gpb, wc)...I use ao conditioners for everything lol

I hope I can boost my moisture levels. Perhaps help me retain some length!

Oh, forgot to answer one! - I use natural, sulfate free shampoos...when I feel like I need too. Could be once a week, could be 2 weeks...I don't have a real spot for it in my regimen where I absolutey do it on this or that day. For deep cleansing...I use bentonite clay.

Ill do pics later or tomorrow...depending on my mood : P

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

How many times per week will you cowash? 1-7x depending on styling
What conditioners are you planning to use? Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle is my staple! :drool: ! My staple leave-ins are KCKT & Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie. My staple DC is Joico Moisture Recovery Balm.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Continued healthy ends, length retention and shiny moisturized curls. Also, a non-flaky, healthy scalp has been a nice benefit that I hope to continue!
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? I only poo about once every 2-3 weeks or after a twistout because the Curl Smoothie is a heavy product that can cause build up.

Starting pic:

Ogoma

This is the last challenge I join, but I am in.

How many times per week will you cowash? 3-6x a week depending on my workout schedule.
What conditioners are you planning to use? I have quite a few conditioners I need to use up so it varies; I'll post what conditioners I am using up as I go along.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? "Cleaning" my scalp after a workout and my hair seems to thrive with regular co-washing and minimal product application post co-wash.
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1x a week I will cleanse with the Terressentials mudwash or a shampoo bar (until supplies last).

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How many times per week will you cowash? 2-3X per week
What conditioners are you planning to use? Wen
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? moisture, retaining length, overall health
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? I dont use shampoo right now...just Wen but if I ever need to it would be cream of nature argon oil shampoo

Pic below was a failed flat iron attempt on my natural hair lol! :drunk:

ETA- Sorry forgot to mention I will also be using Organix coconut milk & tea tree conditioner! (just bought some day b 4 yest & I like it)

Attachments

• 1324004047998.jpg
    1324004047998.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 1324004276735.jpg
    1324004276735.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

NaNaEternally

count me in !!!

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:

at least 3x a week....hopefully daily once i get used to the routine

nexxus conditioner, cantu rinse out, and i plan to experiment with others. i DC'd today with ORS replenishing pak and i like the way my hair came out so i think i may stick with that. for my protein i use aphogee two step treatment. i use that once every 4 to 6 weeks.

i hope to retain many many inches... and healthy beautiful hair that is much easier to handle

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?

whenever i feel like i have buildup...thats usually about once a month

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm in.

4-5. I co wash daily, but I also shampoo and DC regularly

I'm currently using up my stash, so I have a combo of HE, Suave, and Pantene conditioners to get rid of.

More moisturized hair for better length retention

I shampoo twice a week, but once I run out of my current shampoo, I will probably co wash exclusively

Starting pic attached below

Attachments

• 676A0131.jpg
    676A0131.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 42

greenandchic

~2 times a week

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine (the rest of my bottle)
Aussie Moist (the rest of my bottle)

Better retention and moisture/protein balance.

I use a soapless shampoo right now. I also planning on using clay based hair washes. I may use a regular conditioner every few weeks at this point if my hair even needs it. I may just end up shampooing before each henna treatment.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm in:yep:.

2 days a week.

For this 1st Leg, I'll be using a variety (heavier):

Oyin Honey Hemp
Curls Sublime Coconut
Claudie *various*
Jessicurl Too Shea!
Camille Rose Jansyn & SOYlicious
Darcy's Pumpkin Seed
CJ Strengthening Conditioner
CJ Argan & Olive
CJ Smoothing
Kyra's Ultimate Indulgence Hemp Conditioner
SheScentIt Pomegrante
SheScentIt Avocado

Cleansing Conditioners

Enso Naturals Green Tea
Darcy's Cleansing
CJ Daily Fix
Jasmine Shea Butter
ASIAN Coconut Cowash
ASIAN Cleansing Pudding
Bear Fruit Hair Cleansing Conditioner

Hope to Accomplish Healthier Scalp & More Moisturized Hair

Shampoo's only after Relaxing:

Neutralizing
Chealating
Acidifying

Last edited:

brownsugarbaby

3 x/ week
Anything Aubrey Organics
Moisture
Every 8 wks

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Co washed with VS Beauty Rush conditioner. Jury's still out on how I feel about it on my hair.

youwillrise

Gonna rinse & condition sometime today with ao white camellia. My hair is in braids (my own hair of course)...ill do pictures of my braids after I condition rinse them and ill take a couple of braids down to show the stretched length. Ill probably do it in the evening sometime...we'll see.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in! I will start the Curly Girl Method on Saturday.

I will cowash daily

Cleansing Conditioners
Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner
Claudie's 3-1 Cleansing Conditioner
Silk Dream's Whip My Hair

Conditioners
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
SD Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner
Hairveda's Moist PRO
Hairveda's Moist 24/7
Hairveda's Methi Sativa Step 2
Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner
Claudie's Kpangnan Coconut Conditioner
Shescentit's Avocado Conditioner
Shescentit's Pomegranate Conditioner
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
Shea Moisture Yucca & Boabab Conditioner

Moisture, length

I will not be using shampoo

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

Thanks for joining, ladies! I haven't cowashed yet this week!! Thanks for the updates!

Challenge is still open! JOIN!!!!

gabulldawg

I think I can handle this challenge. :yep: I usually cowash 1x weekly with a cheap conditioner. Right now I think I have been using the Suave Coconut conditioner.

ETA: I think my last cowash was Thursday.

GoodMernin

I would love to join this challenge!

2-3 times per week.

Tresemme Curl Hydration thinned with water and mixed with EVOO.

Moisturizing, softness, and growth.

How often (if ever) will you shampoo?
Once per week with black bar soap.

Just took this pic of a co wash and go a few days ago.

Last night I washed with black soap, conditioned with my Tresemme/EVOO/water mix, pH balanced with aloe vera juice and water spray, then moisturized with my Mixed Silk leave in, EVOO, and water spray.

It is so cold in the ATL today that I just wrapped my hair in a satin scarf and sported a knit hat so I will be cowashing tonight since my hair has been covered and dry all day.

Attachments

• wash n go fro2.jpeg
    wash n go fro2.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Nix08: You joining the challenge?? :yep::yep::yep:

:giggle: I could have sworn that I signed up:look: Yes, I am definitely in:yep: I was co washing regularly and my hair did very well and since slacking off my growth has slowed....

No set schedule just as often as I can. I aiming for every other day to a minimum of 3 times a week. I always start with PC puritas and end with a variety of cons from AO and Prairie Naturals.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
@Diva_Esq I'm in

Starting Pics:

How many times per week will you cowash?5-6 days a week, every morning

What conditioners are you planning to use? Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Nature's Advantage Honey and Almond, Giovanni Wellness System and Aussie Moist

Leave Ins: Darcy's Botanicals, KCKT, Afro Detangler, Giovanni leave in, Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Leave-In, Jane Carter Nourish and Shine and Oyin BSP to seal, Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner and Hemp Seed oil on the scalp

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?Retaining more moisture,Healthier hair...no more itchy, dry scalp.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a month when I take out my braids.

Last edited:

GoodMernin

@Diva_Esq I'm in

Starting Pics:

How many times per week will you cowash?5-6 days a week, every morning

What conditioners are you planning to use? Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Nature's Advantage Honey and Almond, Giovanni Wellness System and Aussie Moist

Leave Ins: Darcy's Botanicals, KCKT, Afro Detangler, Giovanni leave in, Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Leave-In, Jane Carter Nourish and Shine and Oyin BSP to seal, Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner and Hemp Seed oil on the scalp

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?Retaining more moisture,Healthier hair...no more itchy, dry scalp.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a month when I take out my braids.

What a good idea of the braids! I like the size and curl of yours too!

I've been thinking of doing that but I may wait until summer since it will be hot and my scalp will need the cooling off.

Happy co-washing! :grin:

I'm a huge cowasher (even in braids) In feb I'm going to get a full weave (first one ever lol) Can I still cowash 1-2x a week? even with a full weave? I work out and do yoga at least 3 x a weel...

KaramelKutie803

I would like to join please if it's not to late.

2-4 times

As I Am Naturally Coconut CoWash
Suave Natural's Tropical Coconut
V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream Moisturizing Conditioner
V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie Moistruizing Conditioner
V05 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner

Better length retention, more moisturized hair, and overall hair health

Depending on build up and how my scalp reacts I'll try and go every 2 weeks. I'm trying to find a good cleansing conditioner so I can go longer without shampooing even though I use sulfate free shampoos.

Gone see if I can track growth as well with my new growth color VS my colored hair

Last edited: