COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 (January 1- March 31, 2012)

Onhergrind09

I want to join part 2!!! I have like 20 bottles of conditioner that are half used, I wish I was exaggerating:nono:.

How many times per week will you cowash?
My goal is 2xs week. Once on Mondays and once on Thursdays after I DC (which I'm doing regularly anyways).

What conditioners are you planning to use?
Everything in my stash

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
My goals are 1) use up my stash, and considering that summer is in full effect in Jacksonville 2) Up my hair's moisture, retain length & just generally have fabulous hair

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
I shampoo with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo or a diluted sulfate shampoo once every 2 weeks

Attachments

• 20120315_163722.jpg
    20120315_163722.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 16

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
^ ^ thanks for bumping...I will be cowashing using Millcreek biotin conditioner and ending with AOHSR.

Ogoma

co-washed with CJ Smoothing Conditioner and CR Jansyn's Moisture Max (used up the little left in both)

fiyahwerks

My last cowash for this quarterly challenge tonight: Tresemme Moisture Rich w/warmed EVOO.

I'm posting my end picture now because I have back to back weddings to work this weekend and I don't think I'll see my computer all weekend. I'm doing the no heat challenge also, so no flat ironing or blow out, just stretching to show length since BC.

Before:

BC on 1/4/12 after 16 month transition. I did a very nice raggedly butcher cut to my head. I couldn't even get the moon shape right on my head. :ohwell:

After:

Braidout before my last cowash for this challenge. I noticed my hair texture has changed. Hair survived a mild winter here in Michigan. So no super dryness or anything weird.

Welp, I'm very very very happy with my progress. On to the next quarter of cowashing goodness.

Last edited:

Ogoma

Co-washed yesterday and today with Just Bee Natural Invigorating Conditioner or something like that. I bought it for $4 at the local drugstore. It is okay and I will use it to wash out henna treatments in the future.