DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Aggie

Darn! This DC is still in my hair, I haven't had time to wash it out yet so I'll steam my hair in the morning while it's till in:yep:, that's what I'll do. I'll oil rinse it then too.

Finally my hair is done - all soft and detangled using Taliah Waajid mist. Worked like a charm but I still had a bit of a rough time clearing it out as it was tangled REALLY BADLY from the henna and indigo treatments. I have to find an easier way to do these treatments to reduce tangling:ohwell::look:.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
OMG, I miss you ladies so much. I will be DCing my hair with something moisturizing tomorrow after my henna. I am not sure what yet though......

Aggie

I will be DCing tonight with Joico K-Pak DPR first followed up with Alterna Hemp Hydrate conditioner and maybe sleeping with it in my hair as I am getting really tired now and don't feel like washing anything out anymore tonight.

Last edited:

Pooks

I've only had the style in my avvi in for 3 days, and I'm already itching to DC. I'm gonna have to hold out like the pre-HHJ days though, 'cause this style will not hold up under a full cowash/DC. I will spray with conditioner and water when it gets unbearable.

Ozma

DCd Saturday with ORS Replenishing Pak (2 hrs, no heat)
This was following a garlic/evoo pre-poo and a protein co-wash.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I've only had the style in my avvi in for 3 days, and I'm already itching to DC. I'm gonna have to hold out like the pre-HHJ days though, 'cause this style will not hold up under a full cowash/DC. I will spray with conditioner and water when it gets unbearable.
Your hair is very pretty.

Aggie

The Alterna hemp Hydrate did a great job of softening my new growth a lot. I like it but I think it softened my hair a little too much. I don't think I will need to keep it in my hair very long from now on. Overnight was too much, 30 minutes was quite enough I feel. This stuff is intense moisture.

Aggie

I agree with ms_b, the style in your avi is really pretty.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
After rinsing the henna out this morning, I have added SE MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment. This is my first time using it....I may leave this on for a while since the last time I DC was a month and a 1/2 ago. Have any of you ladies ever used it, how did you like?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
After rinsing the henna out this morning, I have added SE MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment. This is my first time using it....I may leave this on for a while since the last time I DC was a month and a 1/2 ago. Have any of you ladies ever used it, how did you like?
My waves were popping with this DC....

Attachments

• 1 001.jpg
    1 001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17

Aggie

I'll be doing my ayurveda tea rinse of kalpi tone, shikakai, and brahmi powders mixed in a tea of rosemary, thyme and green tea leaves that I will be pouring over my hair as soon as it cools down enough.

I'm gonna DC with some Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner and maybe use some EMB as a leave-in conditioner today.

I have some of the herbal tea left over that I put in the fridge to cool and use as a final rinse to close my cuticles. I may add some ACV to it as well.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I went old school tonight.

Shampooed with Creme of Nature, did a light protein with Keraphix by Nexxus for 45 minutes. Rinsed and applied the last of my Redken Real Control Moisturizing Mask (I love the scent of it) and sat under the steamer for 30 minutes. I'm covered with a plastic cap and I'll let it cool down for another 30 minutes while checking in with you ladies and other internet surfing activities. :grin:

I'll use my beloved Wen Fig w/ Oil as a leave in and air dry.

I'm 1 week post relaxer after a 15 week stretch.

ETA: Didn't use the Wen, but decided to go with the Nexxus Humectress Luxe Moisturizing Leave-in and a bit of Headress.

Last edited:

SCarolinaGirl

I have really been neglecting my hair lately but I'm back on track. I dc'd today with aphogee 2 min reconstructor mixed with joico k-pak for 30 mins. Then I dc'd all day with lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol mixed with EVOO. My hair seems back to normal now. But I've been having a lot of shedding lately.

Aggie

I went old school tonight.

Shampooed with Creme of Nature, did a light protein with Keraphix by Nexxus for 45 minutes. Rinsed and applied the last of my Redken Real Control Moisturizing Mask (I love the scent of it) and sat under the steamer for 30 minutes. I'm covered with a plastic cap and I'll let it cool down for another 30 minutes while checking in with you ladies and other internet surfing activities. :grin:

I'll use my beloved Wen Fig w/ Oil as a leave in and air dry.

I'm 1 week post relaxer after a 15 week stretch.

15 weeks stretch JN! Congratulations honey. Oh my, you really have gone old school with the CON for sure:grin::yep:.

Aggie

:grin:

Did you receive your conditioners? They should be there by now.

I just got the notification that they have arrived. I can't pic them until Monday though becuase the Mail Office is closed tomorrow. I can't wait to pick them up and use them next wash day:grin:. I will be updating for sure:yep:.

Aggie

I have really been neglecting my hair lately but I'm back on track. I dc'd today with aphogee 2 min reconstructor mixed with joico k-pak for 30 mins. Then I dc'd all day with lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol mixed with EVOO. My hair seems back to normal now. But I've been having a lot of shedding lately.

I guess your hair might be going through it's shedding cycle right now. You know you could slow it down with a garlic and evoo prepoo mixture.? There is a recipe for it in my fotki if you need it. You can also just put some garlic powder in a cheapie conditioner and leave it on your scalp for about 30 minutes or so as a prepoo. That works too.

jayjaycurlz

DC overnight with NTM Condish. I'll poo with LANZA Healing moisture and do Mega Tek for protien tomorrow followed by a steam with Shescenit Banana Brule DC.