Did her hair really grow that fast?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyKaypnyc

aww thank ya mama!

Whats an SD card?

I just think you took her literal when she wasnt being literal and us folks up in here need literal or we will be literally tryin to figure what she meant , like we just did :lol:

It's a Camera memory card, when you take pictures, some cameras or cellphones save it to a memory card, then insert into their computers to retrieve the pictures.

:lachen: ITA with the bold

LadyKaypnyc

:yep:I believe it was her hair, because like others said she started with more than 2 inches, because she never stretched it out at the start, and then she had it blown out, her curls are more loose, either way her hair is just beautiful to me, some people hair just grow fast and then add a growth aide that might help to, it is possible.

She doesn't have photos of her BC, she lost her SD Card, so she couldn't post those, all the others are photos of hair growth from 2 inches, but taking into account the blown out hair, I'm beginning to see the other side...maybe :lachen:

sydney100

I personally know and seen a couple of individuals cut their hair and in less than a year their hair was down their back. One girl I was in college with cut her hair in a bob (it was MBL) and the next year she was past bra strap. I think some people hair grows really fast....faster than the normal growth a person gets in a year.

Irresistible

It's a Camera memory card, when you take pictures, some cameras or cellphones save it to a memory card, then insert into their computers to retrieve the pictures.

:lachen: ITA with the bold

oh ok so she is saying she never took pics of it at 2 inches so it WAS at that length literally?, so she WAS being literal! oh well that puts a whole other spin on things literally and we can just toss it , because we literally have no pics to document what she is saying one way or another, so we all now can just literally form our own conclusions or not even bother to form one at all, because who knows now? :look:

SignatureBeauty

She doesn't have photos of her BC, she lost her SD Card, so she couldn't post those, all the others are photos of hair growth from 2 inches, but taking into account the blown out hair, I'm beginning to see the other side...maybe :lachen:

Okay:grin: I am with you on this! I guess cuz mine don't grow like that I could be hatin:lachen:

LadyKaypnyc

Okay:grin: I am with you on this! I guess cuz mine don't grow like that I could be hatin:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Girl who you tell, I'm green right now, :lachen:

Seriously though, I don't begrudge anyone their growth, but I was like :shocked:, I'm not touching that MTG though, so if that was part of her success, I'll stick to my own reggie.:yawn:

Forever in Bloom

Maybe I'm interpreting this differently, but I don't think she's saying she started with 2 inches :look:

In the beginning of the video it says, "This picture was taken in March, my hair had grown like 2 inches from the bc in January".

The question is, "How much hair did she have when she did the bc?" She could have had 4 inches stretched and in March (2 months later), received an extra 2, which is 1 inch per month. Four months later, if she's averaging 1 inch per month, that would give her 10 inches of hair, right?

I started out with 1/2 inch-1 inch of hair in December and now have 4 1/2 inches. (At the beginning of June I had 4.5-5.5" and cut off 1-2" last month and flat ironed; the back of my hair was shoulder length. At this rate I'll be APL by December.)

I think my shrinkage is more extreme than hers, but when I blow this hair out like she did, my family is like 'where did all that hair come from'? I just smile. :grin: She should have taken a picture of the first picture as a blow out for an accurate comparison...

People are going to start drizzling MTG and Wild Growth on their toast in the morning to get close to her growth rate now!

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I think her estimates are a lil off. She said she had started with two inches in jan, and the first pic is two inches growth since that BC, so the first pic should be about 4 inches. She looks like she has more than 4 inches to me. Regardless...pretty hair... and good growth. :)

Nice & Wavy

Looks real to me. My hair grows just as fast with NO growth aids. My mother's hair grows even faster. She went from middle of her neck to about 1 inch from armpit length in 3 months.:yep: Won't have believed it if I wasn't the one doing her hair every week.

Hi sweetcashew:wave:

LadyKaypnyc

I think her estimates are a lil off. She said she had started with two inches in jan, and the first pic is two inches growth since that BC, so the first pic should be about 4 inches. She looks like she has more than 4 inches to me. Regardless...pretty hair... and good growth. :)

ITA, that's why I was like huh? She probably just measured it wrong, or she measured her hair unstretched, either way it's pretty!

LadyKaypnyc

Looks real to me. My hair grows just as fast with NO growth aids. My mother's hair grows even faster. She went from middle of her neck to about 1 inch from armpit length in 3 months.:yep: Won't have believed it if I wasn't the one doing her hair every week.

SC, your hair is GAWGUS!!! So I'll take your word for it :notworthy

CurlyMoo

Ok, so I was on youtube watching a few videos, when I came across this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcR_EUpJ0k

Now, According to her, she did the BC in January 2008, leaving only 2 inches of hair. Now, 6 months later, she is dang near APL...is it just me, or do I smell something fishy?:perplexed

Now, don't leave any mean comments guys, we are just trying to do some innocent :detective:work :giggle:

Now if it did, I want whatever she's been using!

ETA: I don't dispute that her hair is real or that is beautiful, I'm just curious about the growth rate...:perplexed
Furthermore, :lachen: She doesn't have photos of her length directly after BC (2 inches) , b/c she lost the memory card to her camera (that's what a SD card is). All the photos are of her growth from 2 inches.

I did see the video and at the end she says that she hopes that her hair will be APL at the 1 year anniversary of the BC. But if flattened her hair would be past her shoulder. But in her 2 inch BC pic it looks like a curly 2 inches wereas her longer growth pics show what appears to be a semi blowout. 2 inches curly is 2.5 or 3 inches with a blowout. So it is possible that she did get the growth. But it is confusing because with our curly hair you have to be consistent with documentation. Don't show a before curly pic with shrinkage and then the after pic is a blowout or flat iron. Not unless you are very specific about what you are trying to show. She should have shown blowout and curly before pics then did the same with the after pics. Hopefully she will do this when she finds her SD card.

Duff

I love her hair! but my question is why cant someone say this pic is from March 2008 when really it's from October 2007. I thinks it's all her hair, but the timing may be off. I just have never known anyone whose hair grew that fast--but I know I could be wrong.

Menina Preta

Dang. Must be nice. That's like what - 3 inches a month? :lachen:

Is she REALLLL short, or something?

I couldn't keep up with my hair if it grew that fast! Is she natural? You'd have to get a touchup every 3 weeks!! :lol:

It seems like in the 2 inch part of her video that her hair was in a shrunken state, whereas the later part that showed growth showed hair that looked like it had been blow-dried.

charmtreese

Dang I wish my hair grew that fast where someone would question it!!!!:lachen:Maybe after I get my touch-up next Thursday someone will start a thread about how fast my hair grew and wonder if it's a weave or not....Maybe someone will even ask for a scalp shot.:grin: ...I ain't play'in one of ya'll better start that thread!!!!!:look:

AngelDoll

Lost SD??? :rolleyes: Oh pls... hard 2 believe!

This could happen. I lost my whole camera before. When I cut my hair off to about 3 inches in 2004. I did not take pictures to document anything :wallbash::wallbash:I didn't even know what a BC was at that time and I did not understand the importance of photo documentation:perplexed; until I started here at LHCF. I just started taking pictures of my hair from the back in March to start documenting my journey to waist length.

So maybe she did lose her SD.:look:

Chameleonchick

You're right she did say that.

BostonMaria

It could be true. Its hard to tell because she brushed out her natural hair. If I did that I'd look like a lion, my afro would reach the ceiling LOL

This is a 6 month comparison picture that I took in Nov. 07 and then again in May of 08. This is about 3 inches of hair, give or take. 3 inches of growth can look pretty long.

http://public.fotki.com/mariag002/monthly-pics-07-08/april/comparison.html

I'm wondering if the last picture on Youtube is of her before the BC? I have no idea. She has beautiful hair.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
She's got great growth! It looks real too me. I mean she did start out with 2" unstrectched.

JustKiya

Okay, now I can see it, and yeah, her hair was just plain on not stretched at the beginning - she had about ear length hair, then, at the least.

:yep: That's all hers - she's got a good natural growth rate, and I'm sure the MTG helped.

justNikki

The beginning photo shows more than 4 inches of shrunken hair, IMO. There's room for different interpretations of her wording.

BrooklynSouth

Whatever she did it is BEAUTIFUL!! The curls, the gloss..she has it going on and you best believe she is doing more than MTG..bet lots of good moisturization...looks real to me.

aja1121

Lady, her hair was longer than 2 inches from her scalp to begin with. She didn't stretch it in her first pictures. She had at least 4 inches of hair in that first pic and stretched it would have been ear length.

Still amazing growth.

Right...2 inches unstretched is like 4 inches and then she said her before pic was was 2 inches later after her BC, so really with a blow out she was already at 6 inches. I think it is very possible even with an average growth rate of 1.5"

Filmatic

From experience seeing my mom's hair grow like a weed, I can believe it. I suppose some people just have it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.