Did her hair really grow that fast?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Ok, so I was on youtube watching a few videos, when I came across this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcR_EUpJ0k

Now, According to her, she did the BC in January 2008, leaving only 2 inches of hair. Now, 6 months later, she is dang near APL...is it just me, or do I smell something fishy?:perplexed

Now, don't leave any mean comments guys, we are just trying to do some innocent :detective:work :giggle:

Now if it did, I want whatever she's been using!

ETA: I don't dispute that her hair is real or that is beautiful, I'm just curious about the growth rate...:perplexed
Furthermore, :lachen: She doesn't have photos of her length directly after BC (2 inches) , b/c she lost the memory card to her camera (that's what a SD card is). All the photos are of her growth from 2 inches.
Well, it seems like her growth rate is 1 inch per month. She said her hair grew 2 inches from January to March, so it would make sense for her hair to be as long as it is currently.

JustKiya

Tacky beyond belief. She's a member here and this type of comment is just repulsive.

*sigh* How'd I miss that? That's - so..... wow...... but I guess some people find that kinda thing funny, as long as it's not about them.

:nono:

I was actually thinking that maybe she was pregnant - that would also give her a 'boost' in growth......

:perplexed

20Pearls_Girl

..and that very poster yukin' it up felt bullied just a few days ago.

I am disappointed in the OP as well. With the current climate, she had to know this would turn into something foul...the entire thread is so unnecessary.

*sigh* How'd I miss that? That's - so..... wow...... but I guess some people find that kinda thing funny, as long as it's not about them.

:nono:

I was actually thinking that maybe she was pregnant - that would also give her a 'boost' in growth......

:perplexed

JustKiya

I am disappointed in the OP as well. With the current climate, she had to know this would turn into something foul...the entire thread is so unnecessary.

I don't know - the thread has been pretty cool, and respectful, overall - :lol: And I think it's reminded all of us to take our progress pics the same way! Stretched to stretched, or curly to curly! :lachen:

Danggone it, should have reported that post, and then the mods could have handled it. :nono: I'm not used to being on a forum where that sort of 'active participation' by the members is usually needed to keep things - civil. *sigh*

Southernbella.

I read through that thread about the changing hairboard dynamics and thought, "hmm, I don't see it."

Unfortunately, now I do.:nono: That weight comment was so unnecessary.

LadyKaypnyc

..and that very poster yukin' it up felt bullied just a few days ago.

You know what?? I don't completely disagree with you, after the weight comment, I really regretted starting the thread....now I don't think the entire thread is unneccessary...for the most part, the youtuber was getting her props, which I expected. Most people on this board do know how to act, but considering the climate, it does make me cringe at the thought of even starting it...:nono:

Nice & Wavy

I don't know - the thread has been pretty cool, and respectful, overall - :lol: And I think it's reminded all of us to take our progress pics the same way! Stretched to stretched, or curly to curly! :lachen:

Danggone it, should have reported that post, and then the mods could have handled it. :nono:
I'm not used to being on a forum where that sort of 'active participation' by the members is usually needed to keep things - civil. *sigh*

Exactly....:nono:

Sui Topi

We gotta be more sensitive to the things we say to each other, but to be honest, I don't think the person who commented about her weight was trying to be hurtful. I think shes just doing that good natured jesting thing that people usually do with family and friends. The only thing is since she doesn't know that chick like that, that it was a little bit iffy. But in her defense, I don't think she was trying to be mean and hurtful, just silly, saying that the girl is eating good.

SparklingFlame

You know what?? I don't completely disagree with you, after the weight comment, I really regretted starting the thread....now I don't think the entire thread is unneccessary...for the most part, the youtuber was getting her props, which I expected. Most people on this board do know how to act, but considering the climate, it does make me cringe at the thought of even starting it...:nono:
If we are sincere ( which I believe you to be) one never knows the turn that their thread will take.

Its not your fault.

Nice & Wavy

Well, it seems like her growth rate is 1 inch per month. She said her hair grew 2 inches from January to March, so it would make sense for her hair to be as long as it is currently.

ITA. Hair can grow at 1 inch per month...I'm proof of it:yep:

Sui Topi

If we are sincere ( which I believe you to be) one never knows the turn that their thread will take.

Its not your fault.

Yeah OP, I don't think you were being malicious, trying to make us do the dirty work of saying mean things so you could laugh at work lol. I think you were being legit. And I mean, most people looked at it and gave their honest opinion. Long story short, make sure you come correct with your progress pics or else people will question you. Which is fair! Also, don't jest unless you are cool with said person, or have a feel for their personality.

20Pearls_Girl

I hope the Youtuber/poster isn't highly offened. The weight comment was so off, then others thought it would be a good idea to substantiate it with a giggle. :nono:

IMO, when things are brought to LHCF, it's to critisize and scrutinize not support. That may not have been your total intention but that's how things turn out..simililar situation - the young girl who used grease on her scalp got all types of nasty comments here and on youtube.

Irresistible

We gotta be more sensitive to the things we say to each other, but to be honest, I don't think the person who commented about her weight was trying to be hurtful. I think shes just doing that good natured jesting thing that people usually do with family and friends. The only thing is since she doesn't know that chick like that, that it was a little bit iffy. But in her defense, I don't think she was trying to be mean and hurtful, just silly, saying that the girl is eating good.
erm really thats how I saw it, mabye not totally appropriate but far from malice, more just being silly

she's a big girl so what, she's very beautiful just the same!

SparklingFlame

Seriously though lets be real.

If a person, ANY person is a little overweight, dont you think that person would be offended by comments like that, no matter if they were made in jest or not.

We need to think before we type and consider our words and how they could hurt people.

Nice & Wavy

I'm just going to keep praying for all of us here on this forum. I feel bad that all the newbies have to see this kind of stuff take place and if they are a little heavy, they may now not want to post because they may feel that they will be talked about that way.

I wish we can just all get along...we have so much to be grateful for and thankful for. There are so many of us who don't have friends and have found so many good friends right here on LHCF. Most of us are on here all day long...lol and at night too. We must resist the temptation to allow these types of things to happen because we all know it could happen with any thread topic, so we can't blame the OP for this thread at all, she was just wondering if the young lady's hair could grow that fast, that's all.

Blessings....ladies!

scorpian

I don't know if it grew that fast or not but she has nice hair. It looks soft and healthy and in her BC she wasn't exactly scalped she still had a nice length. In some of the progress shots her curls looked more stretched than in the BC picture so of course her hair is gonna appear even longer because shrinkage makes the length look shorter than it is.

Nice & Wavy

Seriously though lets be real.

If a person, ANY person is a little overweight, dont you think that person would be offended by comments like that, no matter if they were made in jest or not.

We need to think before we type and consider our words and how they could hurt people.

Yes, I totally agree with you:yep:

Nice & Wavy

I don't know if it grew that fast or not but she has nice hair. It looks soft and healthy and in her BC she wasn't exactly scalped she still had a nice length. In some of the progress shots her curls looked more stretched than in the BC picture so of course her hair is gonna appear even longer because shrinkage makes the length look shorter than it is.

You are so right! It does look so soft and healthy. Shoot, I wish my hair was that thick:yep:, and she has such a pretty smile too:yep:

DeepBluSea

I'm not trying to speak for the youtuber and member (I thought she looked familiar). But the reason why I feel like she is kinda of being called a liar is because the OP said something was "fishy." It seems like you asked her and didn't really believe what she told you. I dunno know, I would have just asked her to clarify or for more details.

But yeah, stuff like that comment makes me wonder if all this sisterhood stuff is just a load of crap. Team Keepin it real takes a beating for well "keepin it real," but at least you know where they stand. I'll take that over phony any day of the week.

PassionFruit

I'm not trying to speak for the youtuber and member (I thought she looked familiar). But the reason why I feel like she is kinda of being called a liar is because the OP said something was "fishy." It seems like you asked her and didn't really believe what she told you. I dunno know, I would have just asked her to clarify or for more details.

But yeah, stuff like that comment makes me wonder if all this sisterhood stuff is just a load of crap. Team Keepin it real takes a beating for well keepin it real, but at least you know where they stand. I'll take that over phony any day of the week.

my sentiments exactly...

for this & other reasons I hardly even look at fotki comments or youtube comments anymore.... I basically look & make my own judgments and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.