Did her hair really grow that fast?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evazhair

Doesn't look unbelievable to me. Her texture looks like a 3 and that's assuming that's her natural texture. Her hair only looked super long cause it was blow out in the after pictures.

I agree. Barring some errors in measurements, I see nothing farfetched about the situation. Some people's hair grows like weeds, and if she is using things that stimulate growth, especially while natural(much easier to retain length with simpler maintainance), it's definitely possible. In her first pic, if it was blown out, her hair would appear even longer in the before pic(less drastic length difference). She is a pretty girl and my partial hair twin but my hair is a little thicker than hers. She makes me miss being natural. Some people just have it like that, growth wise. Wish it was me.

Some people's hair grows that fast. Im not gonna judge her hair but I do believe that some people's growth rates are faster than average. My grandmother is one of them. We cut her to a 2 inch fro in January and she is full shoulder length now.

kblc06

After seeing the video, I'm going to give it a solid NO. It's almost impossible for her hair to grow that long and thick in six months. She's have to be getting 2inch of growth each month.

I too hope no one goes there and leave negative comments.

Hmm...I would say that its very possible, my mothers hair grows a little over an inch a month, and I've seen her accumulate a TON of length in very little time by doing nothing to it. Unfortunately I didn't get that hair growing gene :ohwell:. My friend roxanne's hair grows close to 2.5 inches a month (she happens to be Caucasian) . So based on what i've seen in real life, I 'm going to say yes.

P

patient1

From experience seeing my mom's hair grow like a weed, I can believe it. I suppose some people just have it like that.

Yep. My eldest daughter's hair grows way faster than average.

p1

cutenaynay

it looks real to me and my hair grows fast also but if you look at the beginning pic her hair was curly so if stretch it was probably neck length... so neck length to apl in 6 mos probably equal to six inches that will be beliveable but she didnt say when strech it was neck length or chin length. If its chin length to apl in 6 mos then that some super duper growth cause my hair or nobody i know hair grows that fast lol but it looks real and nice and she has beautiful hair

PuffyBrown

Yep, I believe.
I know a few people whose hair does this.
First is the lady that sits next to me at work. Her hair was like waist length for the past 3 years. She just cut her hair to just past shoulder length. This heffer is already very close to APL in a month. Gets on my damn nerves. I am trying to keep up with her. She does not really do much to her hair. She keeps it up 99%. Uses heat rarely. Washes it about every 2 weeks. Thats it. She has serious curly pattern. No need for a twist out if you know what I mean. 3b hair.
*sneers w/jealousy*

My childhood BFF younger sister is the same way. Long thick curly wavy hair more like 3c hair.

Choclatcotton

Too me its looks like her hair not only grew, but she also grew bigger in size .
Looks to me she was feeding her body nutrionally and there by causing this rapid growth. I would examine her diet. RIch in collard greens and corn bread:lachen:

fluffylocks

Possible....Also on her second pic on the bottom, there looks like a date....I couldnt see it, but that could explain if these were old pictures

Anyway, her hair in march, if you stretched it out would probally go to her neck, seems like from that, she's gotten about 3"

That was like 3/4 months ago.

Her regimen says that she uses MTG, (LHCF? prepoo to....)

So that would be .75-1" monthly.

Possible. Wonder if she takes anythig like Biotin as well.

Irresistible

This could happen. I lost my whole camera before. When I cut my hair off to about 3 inches in 2004. I did not take pictures to document anything :wallbash::wallbash:I didn't even know what a BC was at that time and I did not understand the importance of photo documentation:perplexed; until I started here at LHCF. I just started taking pictures of my hair from the back in March to start documenting my journey to waist length.

So maybe she did lose her SD.:look:

O/T u need another progress pic! look at how much your hair grows every few weeks/month! geesh! its July where you at now? your booty? :giggle:

Irresistible

Too me its looks like her hair not only grew, but she also grew bigger in size .
Looks to me she was feeding her body nutrionally and there by causing this rapid growth. I would examine her diet. RIch in collard greens and corn bread:lachen:

:giggle:

we get down to the nitty gritty here!

Rapunzel*

:rofl:.....................

DeepBluSea

Well, I see the whole sisterhood feel-good stuff didn't last long. :rolleyes: Why not just pm the girl on youtube and ask her instead of calling her a liar and cracking on her weight? She put herself out on youtube so I'm sure she would not mind the questions or the scrutiny. Quite a few LHCFers have youtube videos. I'm sure they would be taken aback if similar comments were made about their videos being deceptive.

tocktick

i do not believe her hair was 2" when she bc'd. it looks a bit longer than that. she's either genuinely under-estimated how short her hair was when she bc'd or she's trying to deceive people. however, maybe she's just very short. it's obvious she has short neck also, so her hair appears longer than it really is.

my hair in the siggy (which is obviously manipulated) is about 5-6" but some people thought it was longer than that. even at 6-7", i'm between SL & APL as i'm short with short neck & torso.

anyway, her hair looks fab. i love "floppy" baas.

lol @ this comment: "ummm....can you include a scalp shot in your photos?" hahaha :lachen:

Sui Topi

Looks real to me. My hair grows just as fast with NO growth aids. My mother's hair grows even faster. She went from middle of her neck to about 1 inch from armpit length in 3 months.:yep: Won't have believed it if I wasn't the one doing her hair every week.

What is she using, dag...

Anyway lol, I'm natural, 4a/3c and my hair is around 4.5-6 inches (my crown is short, and my right side is shorter than the left:rolleyes: lol..just averaging, everything on my hair is between these numbers) and shrunken its like 1.5 inch, so 2 inches shrunken does not mean much to me. Her hair was already long. I think it is possible to get 2 inches in a month though. I'm sure you all remember I had gotten .5 in a week before, but because of my tweaking the product, I haven't gotten it for a straight 4 weeks. **Hoping July comes through for the kid since I pretty much got the recipe now**

I hope I don't log into LHCF next month with toenail length and see you guys talking about my weight in relation to my hair growth :grin:. lol, I'm expecting some nice growth at the end of the year though. I don't mind the dissecting, I feel as long as you are honest, no ones gonna find anything incriminating, and I will do my best to have pics lol.

PassionFruit

Well, I see the whole sisterhood feel-good stuff didn't last long. :rolleyes: Why not just pm the girl on youtube and ask her instead of calling her a liar and cracking on her weight? She put herself out on youtube so I'm sure she would not mind the questions or the scrutiny. Quite a few LHCFers have youtube videos. I'm sure they would be taken aback if similar comments were made about their videos being deceptive.

:hiya:........................

silvergirl

looks like normal growth to me, as everyone said, its 2 inch in its curled state. then in the blow out pic her hair really only looks about 6-7 inches long. so in the 6 months she probably only grew the normal 2.5 to 3 inches that anyone can get.

the biggest difference is that the comparison shots were one of curly hair and the other of stretched hair..................... making it "seem" like she grew a whole head of hair when it fact it was just 3 inches or so.

Irresistible

well the collard greens and cornbread was funny! I aint trippin on nobody's weight though , not 'like that' , nah cause I got that all in my family, so I dont see it like that at all. Hell my own daughter fights with her weight on and off, I cant view it like that really! aint nothin wrong with being fluffy and liking you some greens and cornbread!

LadyKaypnyc

Not only did I PM the girl first, but I also sent her a link to this thread. AND she's a member here.

Aside from questioning her growth, which I easily conceded to, I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning someone if they are being honest.

I have no problem with people dissecting my videos if they are not intentionally being mean...a while back there was a thread on NC.com debating whether or not I'm texturized. I didn't mind the discussion, b/c I know ah sistah is napptural.

The thread did get a little out of hand when the weight issue was thrown into play, that was some foul :censored:...anyhoo, back to work:ohwell:

Last edited:

Irresistible

Not only did I PM the girl first, but I also sent her a link to this thread. AND she's a member here.

Aside from questioning her growth, which I easily conceded to, I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning someone if they are being honest.

I have no problem with people dissecting my videos if they are not intentionally being mean...a while back there was a thread on NC.com debating whether or not I'm texturized. I didn't mind the discussion, b/c I know ah sistah is napptural.

The thread did get a little out of hand when the weight issue was thrown into play, that was some foul :censored:...anyhoo, back to work:ohwell:
i dont think u did anything wrong, the video was there to question and you put us to work :lol:

Irresistible

I dont think the weight comment was meant to be cruel

dang it the cornbread and collard greens was funny , thats all

ok bye bye now :lol:

SoAnxious12

looking at the very first pic shown, it looks like her hair was more than 2in (even when curly) so stretched it could be anywhere from chin length to neck length. Also she did mention in her "credits" that uses MTG... could attribute to her growth and samn damn good genes lol Either way her hair is fantastical and purrty.

LadyKaypnyc

I dont think the weight comment was meant to be cruel

dang it the cornbread and collard greens was funny , thats all

ok bye bye now :lol:

My initial reaction :giggle:, but think about it, if you were the person being talked about...would you think it was funny?

I know I would have been mad as hell! And it's seriously uncouth :imo:

Last edited:

Irresistible

My initial reaction :giggle:, but think about it, if you were the person being talked about...would you think it was funny?

I know I would have been mad as hell :angry:

I dont know mama, just the cornbread and collards just struck me as funny dats all! She didnt seem to have no problem with her weight and feeling good about herself or her hair, in fact she seemed to be real happy with herself ,thats what mostly matters. This thread is gettin tricky though, it can be taken all kind of ways, but how it was meant, I cant say how the commenter meant it from her thinking or heart, to me it was just a silly comment , nothing deeper in it for me! I dont down people concering weight and stuff.....so you know

well I dont think it was anything wrong with talking about her growth tho!

I dont think anyone called her a liar either, mostly everyone said the growth was very possible! I just think the true intentions behind this thread and that comment was not malice, thats not the feeling I got anyway

but yeah.....whew I'm going now lol

20Pearls_Girl

Tacky beyond belief. She's a member here and this type of comment is just repulsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.