French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

winona

I would like 4 packs of the 2 in rollers I will send payment as soon as I receive a paypal receipt.

Oh My the are being discontinued:/ Between these and my hourglass rollers I do not know what I would do.

Last edited:

winona

@Amarilles , @MileHighDiva
Add me in for 2 packs of rollers if it's not too late.

Anyone have any recommendations on using the duckbill clips versus the pins?
I've used the clips in the past and had no problems with them, just wondering if the pins would be even easier to use.

I use duck bill clips and snaps because I never really figured out the pins my results are pretty straight like I had a relaxer 2-3 weeks ago but I am natural 4b/4a

Mellowqueen

Hi, I usually am a lurker but this caught my eye. I have been waiting to get these rollers for years! I hope I am not too late.

I would like to purchase 3 pack of rollers and 1 pack of pins. I can send money asap once I receive PayPal invoice.

Amarilles

Six more packs to go!!! Come on ladies. You know you want these rollers.
Lol! We're good ladies! The 6 are in, as of today we have our 48! #happydance :yay:

And so the pack I ordered last week arrived today. The turn-around time was exactly 7 days, so hopefully they're that prompt with the large group order. I weighed the pack in my kitchen scale and it weighs over a pound. 1lb 3.7oz to be exact.

20160209_150142.jpg

The boxes I posted before cannot weigh more than 15.5 pounds (7kg) so they can only carry about 10 or 11 packs per box. So it's looking like those boxes are not going to work. AH...I'll will keep everyone posted. Trust that I'll try to find the best/most affordable option. And if anyone has any ideas, please post 'em up!

-------
As an aside, the roller pack has another vendor listed on its tag. Now this vendor is pricier than our current one so we're not switching (unless they want to give me a better price, still trying to sort that out) but they do have two other sizes available. However only ONE pack of each. If anyone is interested in the red 1.5" (40mm) or the blue 1.3" (35mm) and willing to pay nearly as much as the 2"...lol...do let me know. Either by PM or written here.

1.5" is 17.11 € (tax included in both) no longer available
1.3" is 15.18 € no longer available

This place has two locations in Paris so I would them pick them up locally. The price of the rollers would be added to your shipping price, if you've already placed an order.

Last edited:

MissCrawford

I'm still concerned about how tight my set will be at waist length with 2 inches.......I don't want it too loose. Hopefully it will still look great.

toaster

@Amarilles If you're shipping from Europe to @MileHighDiva for most of the rollers, is there a reason you can't ship in the box the rollers come in? Assuming they come in one huge box, that is. Would that be cheaper than sending a bunch of smaller sized boxes?

meka72

Please let me know if the smaller rollers are still available. I'll PM you too.

Lol! We're good ladies! The 6 are in, as of today we have our 48! #happydance :yay:

And so the pack I ordered last week arrived today. The turn-around time was exactly 7 days, so hopefully they're that prompt with the large group order. I weighed the pack in my kitchen scale and it weighs over a pound. 1lb 3.7oz to be exact.

View attachment 350777

The boxes I posted before cannot weigh more than 15.5 pounds (7kg) so they can only carry about 10 or 11 packs per box. So it's looking like those boxes are not going to work. AH...I'll will keep everyone posted. Trust that I'll try to find the best/most affordable option. And if anyone has any ideas, please post 'em up!

-------
As an aside, the roller pack has another vendor listed on its tag. Now this vendor is pricier than our current one so we're not switching (unless they want to give me a better price, still trying to sort that out) but they do have two other sizes available. However only ONE pack of each. If anyone is interested in the red 1.5" (40mm) or the blue 1.3" (35mm) and willing to pay nearly as much as the 2"...lol...do let me know. Either by PM or written here.

1.5" is 17.11 € (tax included in both)
1.3" is 15.18 €

This place has two locations in Paris so I would them pick them up locally. The price of the rollers would be added to your shipping price, if you've already placed an order.

Amarilles

@Amarilles If you're shipping from Europe to @MileHighDiva for most of the rollers, is there a reason you can't ship in the box the rollers come in? Assuming they come in one huge box, that is. Would that be cheaper than sending a bunch of smaller sized boxes?
Indeed the plan has always been to ship one box to MileHigh, but I do hope we don't have to resort to shipping in the orignal box. A few days ago I posted a chart detailing regular international shipping, and there it shows 160€ ($180ish) for 20kg (44lbs)...and our package will weigh over 60lbs. I liked the box I had in mind using as it was a fixed rate box. If they charge us per weight and box size it will be an ugly price.

I'll check out a few different shipping carriers and update on this soon!

Amarilles

Checking in...we're at a solid 50, 53 packs to be exact. But look at this thread in page 3! I see y'all no longer care now that we've hit 48! :lachen:

The other vendor that's listed on the pack is trying to beat our current our price, lol. I wasn't even trying to haggle, I just said "no thank you I have a better price" and the guy is all "who is your vendor and what price are they giving you??" :lol: If we work something out I'll apply the credit to the overall shipping cost.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
@Amarilles, I was wondering, with the large box needed to ship these rollers will there be any Customs fees associated? You should check that out. We wouldn't want any surprises down the line. Also, we would need to add that to the costs.

Amarilles

Hmmm... I don't think so, I've sent things to folks stateside and never been charged a custom fee...one US company did charge me an custom fee to ship to me here after I had already paid and everything, but DH and I never understood why. I'll definitely look into it, now that you mention it.. I don't think it will apply to us though!

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Yeah it sucks. Im in America and I can't see it
That's so weird. You might be able to find it by searching 'French bouffant rollers' on Youtube, but if it's not working at all I dunno. You can also find examples if you look through the Setting for Success thread from 2015. Some of the ladies there have posted pictures of their takedowns and installations. (I've lurked a long time.)